“Hotel nice, TGIF another story” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton At The Falls
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Third Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303   |
Ranked #11 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
“Hotel nice, TGIF another story”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Just got done spending a night here with family as a time to relax for a night away from home. Our room was nice, facing casino. We had voucher for TGIF restaurant. We wondered how this place woulb be since it was in the hotel and in tourist area. First, pricing is about $3-$4 more on average per entree based on a regular Friday's. we were seated pretty quickas there was not much going on at 5pm on a Friday night!! We were offered $3 beer special. After ordering waitress came back and said they were out of the beer on special.......i asked what they would replace it with and she didnt know if they would...I said id take a light domestic beer figuring this was acceptable, she returned and said they said NO. I ordered a tall one anyway it took 10 minutes to get! Service was mediocre, food was average, wont see us back here again. Back to the hotel, we like it. Short walk to casino, clean rooms. Front desk lady Ms. Esposito was very nice. Pool was very enjoyable.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ron D, General Manager at Sheraton At The Falls, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you So much for taking the time to write your review. As most managers know, we cannot improve without feed back . As the New General Manger here at the Falls we encourage this type of feed back and use it for training. The Hotel manages TGIF and will respond quickly to your comments. As for your review of the Hotel, thank you. Please note that in the next few months the Hotel will be going through some "sprucing up". Look forward to your return.

Sincerely, Ron Droegmyer

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Ontario,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton at the Falls the last week of November with my husband. We decided to trek over to the US side to do some Christmas shopping and enjoy some time away before things got hectic with holiday stuff. We were apprehensive about staying here due to some negative reviews we had read before hand, however decided to check it out due to a great deal we received. When we arrived we were impressed with the location of the hotel, super close to the Seneca Niagara Casino as well as the Canada-US border. Enjoyed having TGIFridays and Starbucks in the hotel, quite convenient. The front desk staff when we checked in and when we checked out were friendly and helpful and the lobby was clean and bright and looks like it has been remodelled. Our room was on the 5th floor and this floor has obviously been renovated compared to some of the lower floors ( we could see the difference as the elevator stopped ) new carpets/wallpaper/paint and fixtures in the hallway brightened and modernized the space. Our room was large and comfortable and the beds were clean and comfy as well. The pillows were great love the thick, large pillows the Sheraton offers! We were both glad we took a chance on this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms seemed to be newly renovated!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review of our Hotel. Our team works hard in trying to make sure everyone has an enjoyable stay. You remarked on seeing renovation on other floors. Please note that ownership is as concerned with our guests comfort as our team is the service. Again thank you very much for your kind words and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Regards
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent Location, less than 5 minute drive to the Falls. Lot of restaurants and eateries within walking distance. Rooms were good, the SPG lounge is still coming up. Good Service & Excellent Staff.

I am writing to let you know that I received excellent service from your hotel Staff during my stay.

I would like to specifically thank Jeffery for going the extra mile to help your guests. I had left behind a certain package that was meant as a special gift in the Starbucks in your hotel Complex. I called in later to see how it could be reached to me, since I live in Texas and I wouldn't be able to travel back to pick it up. Jeffery was very nice enough to take my multiple calls, track down the package and even mail it to my address. It was very nice of him to do that and I sincerely appreciate it.

It goes to show that the hotel treats guests very well, not only during the stay but even after we've checked out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's our team members that makes this hotel special. Thank you again.

Happy Holiday's
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Upon check-in Jeffrey Anaclerio, Front Office Supervisor, was very friendly and professional and must say very accomodating. I have stayed here in the past many times and always go back to do my 2 day shopping in Buffalo. The location is amazing, across from Seneca Casino and close to all the malls. You gotta stay there!!

Room Tip: I prefer non adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing what we truly believe is true! It's our TEAM that makes the difference.Stay tune as our Building now goes through it's transformation ,now through the 1st quarter of next year. Look forward to serving you again.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at Sheraton at the Falls hotel Niagara Fall in New York on Nov. 9. When I checked in, they asked me a credit card for the incidentals. I gave them my card, but they said I could not use it because there’s no name on it. So, I deposited with cash. The next day, when I checked out, they charged me $5 for parking and gave me back the rest of deposit.
But, when I got home I found they charged $50 on my card. (They said they could not use it on the day of my stay, but charged me with the card!!)

Anyway, I made a phone call to the hotel to ask why they did that. They said it was for the incidentals and they’ll automatically release it. I waited and waited… But, nothing happened. I emailed again on Nov. 22, but didn’t get any answer. I made a phone call and emailed them again. And still waiting… Their service is just poor. What a shame. I can't believe this is the service of Sheraton--one of the prestigious hotels. When somebody stays in this hotel, should be careful if this hotel overcharges on you…

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Please let me apologize for our billing error. And thank you for letting us know our short coming in this instance. People make human errors and if we are good,which I believe we are, we learn from those errors. As the new General Manager here at the falls ,going forward ,we will strive to improve on a daily basis. I hope you will return to see how we improve and go forward. Please stay tune and watch how the building it's self will change in the next few months as we go through our renovation.

Happy Holidays,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoy our 3 days stay...got luck, good wheater. Find a deal throug groupon...good price, rooms are really nice, but some strange stain in the carpet. Indoor pool clean and pleasent, good opportunity to check all the park NY side around the falls. Casino across the street with more options for eating. small bussiness for souvenir...mall few miles away. Staff most of them polite and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ron D, General Manager at Sheraton At The Falls, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for writing your review. We are glad you had a good experience. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Powell, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel was below average. Halls smelled, rooms clean but bathroom needed scrubbed. Had to pay for parking, WiFi and no breakfast. The personal there were ok - no one went out of their way to be friendly. Hockey kids every where. Needed to take control and get them out of the halls. Wouldn't recommend or stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry that you were not as satisfied as we would expect.Please note that we cannot improve without feed back and we appreciate yours. Please also note as the new GM here we will be going through a substantial renovation which just started. It will e completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013.

Happy Holidays

Been to Sheraton At The Falls? Share your experiences!