“Near The Falls, Not best Choice” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Near The Falls, Not best Choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed 3 nights to enjoy the Niagara Falls. The hotel is very near the Falls and you can reach in 10 minutes of walking. Originally we wanted to stay 5 nights but after we checked in and saw our room and the cleanliness of the facility we decided to check out earlier. Our room was in the ground floor and it was so noisy and not comfortable at all. The room was next to the pool and to teach it we had to walk thru the restaurant. The staff are not so well trained, most are summer trainees and didn't handle our requests well.

• Stayed July 2013
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear FH, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is great to know you appreciated our convenient location. We are truly sorry you found our hotel staff and the cleanliness of the room you received less than satisfactory. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you at our hotel and provide you with exceptional service. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Pearl River, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I always stay at Holiday Inn's and this was a large disappointment. I travelled with a group and the rate quoted was different for each of us. I had to twice sit down with the General Manager to get the rate that was quoted to me initally as our group rate, and then had to have my credit card credited again cause they charged me the wrong amount and a different amount for the two different nights I stayed. Upon check-in the key system was apparently damaged and no keys could be distributed. Everytime you wanted to go to your room you had to be escorted by personnel who would use a pass key. The room's wireless connections did not work at all. On my 2nd night there, I received a call that my room had to be changed from a double to single; and after I packed my stuff, the new room was also a double; so I did not have to move after all...I would never stay at this hotel again. Stay on the Canada Side!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear TerriH1641, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on our hotel. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced that would cause your stay to be unsatisfactory at our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with excellent service. Thank you again for your review. Sincerely, Gayle Nowak.
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

let me start with saying this holiday inn is a let down on the holiday inn standards i hv seen in hongkong, india, paris & switzerland - far below them.
i booked for the location & it was pat on the mark. Excellent location for a walk around the niagara park anytime of the day or night as we did. you get to the cave of the winds & the maid of the mist in an easy 10-15 minute walk. We found lots of indian food dhabaas & outlets nearby- so i did not regret my decision to to not take the hotel breakfast option. it has an indoor pool & lots of activities fr the family which are good.
the room was vinyl floor - not even a carpet -- as is a standard in good rooms. it was cold & rainy outside. the wifi did not work & the outsourced servicing of the wifi was useless. i wonder why a hotel guest should need to talk to somebody other than the hotel operations for any problem -- guess the hotel just wants to advertise its problems.
the front desk was extremely helpful all the time -- but how much can a person do after there is a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave us your comments and honest feedback on our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that our front desk staff was helpful to you and that our location met your touring needs. I apologize for any discomfort you experienced while staying at our property. Our vinyl wood flooring offers a hypo allergenic atmosphere for our guests. The flooring also provides a cleaner alternative to carpets.
We provide 24-hour wireless internet access assistance to all of our guests who need help getting online. Because there is an array of issues that can cause technical difficulties, we have an information technology manager who is able to handle all issues that may arise while trying to get online.
We hope that you will return to our property in the future so that we may show you how great our hotel really is.
ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the worst Holiday Inn property I have ever stayed at. Check in and out was good. Room was clean, Bathroom was tiny, Decor was terrible and the reception staff were not dressed how I would expect for a Holiday Inn property.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel and giving us your honest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you had an efficient check in and check out process. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at our property. We take all guest comments very seriously and we use the input to improve our guest’s experience. We hope that if you ever return, you will choose our hotel for your accommodation needs so that we may show how wonderful our hotel really is.
Santa Fe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 days and loved the location because it is within walkunf distance to the falls, canada border, restaurants and shops (10 min walk maybe.) We didn't even have to use our car during those 2 days because everything was so close.

We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant. It is $11 for the buffet and kids eat free so that is a huge plus. They had a nice variety of food at the buffet like scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, fruit, etc... So i thought it was a good deal.

Anyway, everything else is pretty average, nothing special. The rooms are average size, but very clean and i had no problem with hearing the noise from my neighbor, i don't think the walls are that thin.

I would stay there again just because of the location.

• Stayed June 2013
North Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was the residential part of a lifetime's ambition to see the Falls, so it is slightly disingenuous of me to overly criticise it...however...Apart from Ian on the front desk who was extremely helpful and courteous I can find little to compliment this Holiday Inn. It looks uncared for; the lobby is dull and shabby; the rooms are large, beds comfy; corridor on 2nd floor extremely noisy with guests passing; the restaurant looks tired. In fact that is what's wrong with the place: the Holiday Inn company needs to start again and invest in it. On my three day trip from New England it proved to be the most expensive and easily the least impressive hotel.

My advice to anyone looking to stay near the Falls is to find a decent hotel out of the area and commute.

Room Tip: Make sure that you at the front of the building because our first room faced a brick wall which made...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. I am happy to hear that Ian was helpful to you and that you enjoyed our guest rooms. I apologize that you experienced any inconvenience while you were at our property. We strive to provide the best accommodations possible for our guests.
We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to leave comments on our hotel. We review every guest comment and use the feedback to improve our hotel for future guests. Our guest’s comfort is our number one priority. We hope that you will come back to our hotel again so that we may show you how great our hotel really is.
Bowmanville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rooms small and very plain Front desk friendly Room doors noisy like a jail cell House keeping started 0830 hrs with the radio in adjoining room cranked up Given no answer and a bad look when asked to turn down the volume On business government rate $77 but charged $144 for second night and only advised @ check out of the price change. $77 was too much for this place and the only thing going for it is the location Will give business to other hotels next time The Holiday Inn dropped the ball on this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Comfort Inn
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate honest feedback and you taking the time to leave comments on our hotel. I apologize that you experienced any inconvenience while you were at our property. Our guest’s comfort is our number one priority. Our government rates do fluctuate depending upon a weekday or weekend stay. I apologize that you were not informed of the rate changes. We review every guest comment and use the feedback to improve our hotel for future guests. We hope that you will come back to our hotel again so that we may show you how great our service really is.

Been to The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!