“Newly Renovated - Except the elevators” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Utica, New York
“Newly Renovated - Except the elevators”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed here a few times in the past for youth hockey tournaments. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms have been recently renovated. The new furnishings and beds were very nice. The rooms are also very quiet and well insulated from noise around you. The laminate floor is not working as it is peeling up throughout the room. The staff was excellent and very accommodating to our group. The pool and surrounding recreation area are perfect for the kids. My only complaint is the elevators. They are old, slow and at one point broke down stranding one of the families in our group between floors for almost 15 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I want to thank you for being a return guest at our property, we value your loyalty and honest feedback. I’m very happy to hear our staff accommodated your needs and helped to make your group’s stay a pleasant one. I apologize that you experienced any inconvenience with our elevators while you were here. We hope that you will return once again to our hotel so that we may show you how great we truly are.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The location is great you can walk to the niagara falls or the seneca casino, food is ok and the bed is nice the only concern is the heater isnt warm and this make my status no so excellent, there is enough space to park ur car

• Stayed March 2013
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing our location and taking the time to leave us honest feedback on your stay. I’m glad to hear that you found our location convenient for visiting the major attractions in the city. I apologize for any inconvenience that you had experienced while staying at our property. I hope you will afford us the opportunity of staying at our location again so that we may show you how great our hotel is.
Lewis Center, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The rooms remind you of your college dorm with laminate flooring and squeaky box springs. Only one elevator was operational making wait times excessive.Where this hotel shines is the hotel staff and the atrium. The atrium was the largest I had seen for this size of hotel. It accomodated 3 to 4 hockey teams for dinner as well as room for the boys to play knee hockey. The staff graciously provided more tables snd chairs when needed. They were also helpful during our hotel scavenger hunt.

The restaurant prices were reasonable for the area. The sandwiches were also yummy and service was quick. The breakfast buffet had a great
variety.

It is the closest hotel chain to the falls at Goat Island and is within walking distance to the Hard Rock Cafe.

• Stayed February 2013
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave honest feedback on our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that our staff treated you well and made your stay comfortable. It is really great that your family and hockey team enjoyed staying at our property and making use of our Atrium space.
It is unfortunate that you experienced any inconvenience. It is feedback like yours that helps us continue to improve our level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in our Hotel in the near future and for us to show you how great our hotel really is.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is reasonable and the price for a Saturday night was fine. The two things that I would say were disappointing was the laminate floor in the room was hard, cold and beginning to wear and not that well installed with gaps. The other is that the bed was rather hard. The staff were very good however.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us honest feedback on our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was pleasant and accommodating to you. It is unfortunate that you did not like the laminate flooring that is in our guest rooms. We removed all of the carpeting and installed the laminate wood flooring to provide a hypo allergenic atmosphere for our guests. The housekeeping process and maintaining the rooms is much easier with this type of flooring also.
Rochester,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

we came to Niagara for a hockey tournament and the team stayed here. we were told check-in wasn't until 3:00, but we were able to get in at 1:00. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.The room was very clean and a little small, but it was almost soundproof, you could barely hear the noise from the hall.There was an area off the lobby with a TV and a game room that we used often. The only complaint I had was that the pool was in an open area and very cold, also the smoking floors should be cleaned more. Other than that, my family had a great time!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient, but on the phone----I was told free breakfast by reservations---, but NO to it when we arrived. I had 2 rooms for 3 nights. We did eat in the restaurant 1 night and the kids ate free and food and service was good. I did not get my points for staying there either, which I have been watching for since August. Their night manager was totally opposite---I assume that is why I did not get credit for staying, because I did request the free breakfast that reservations had confirmed. They should think about the fact that there are lots of hotels to choose from. I do resent not getting my points and it has made me negative towards Holiday Inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Charlotte B,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great location if that is what you are looking for, two of the employees I had contact with were fabulous, housekeeping, and the girl that served breakfast. Hotel is old, and partial renovations, like tile on the floors instead of carpet, that were peeling. Could hear everything in the hall. Room is small, but ok. My advice to anyone staying there is to not use the pool or the HOT TUB, it is old, dirty, and dangerous definitely enter the HOT TUB at you're own risk, and don't forget to read all the signs before you enter. By the way I was informed by the hotel that their hot tub is inspected twice a year, although they would not tell me who inspected it. You can judge for yourself!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Sam_4436,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you found the condition of our hot tub less than satisfactory. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, we wish to thank you for your candid feedback. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!