“phone reservations misleading” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Saint Louis, Missouri
“phone reservations misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient, but on the phone----I was told free breakfast by reservations---, but NO to it when we arrived. I had 2 rooms for 3 nights. We did eat in the restaurant 1 night and the kids ate free and food and service was good. I did not get my points for staying there either, which I have been watching for since August. Their night manager was totally opposite---I assume that is why I did not get credit for staying, because I did request the free breakfast that reservations had confirmed. They should think about the fact that there are lots of hotels to choose from. I do resent not getting my points and it has made me negative towards Holiday Inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Charlotte B,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great location if that is what you are looking for, two of the employees I had contact with were fabulous, housekeeping, and the girl that served breakfast. Hotel is old, and partial renovations, like tile on the floors instead of carpet, that were peeling. Could hear everything in the hall. Room is small, but ok. My advice to anyone staying there is to not use the pool or the HOT TUB, it is old, dirty, and dangerous definitely enter the HOT TUB at you're own risk, and don't forget to read all the signs before you enter. By the way I was informed by the hotel that their hot tub is inspected twice a year, although they would not tell me who inspected it. You can judge for yourself!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Sam_4436,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you found the condition of our hot tub less than satisfactory. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, we wish to thank you for your candid feedback. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Niagara Fall NY the evening of Dec. 29, 2012. Purpose was to attend the Earth, Wind and Fire show at nearby Seneca Falls Casino. This hotel is a nice hotel, tucked right against the Niagara River just steps from the river and the New York State Park that surrounds the Falls on the US side. You can't stay any closer to the Falls. The American Falls precepice is steps away and there is a nice view from the westerly facing rooms. The hotel had somewhat curious faux hardwood floors in our seventh floor room, Room 710. Never seen this before in a hotel. Not good or bad, just different. The room was clean, quiet and nicely appointed. The room rate was very attractive for a winter weekend, one night stay compared to other options...notably the Casino hotel itself. In the summertime, not sure if the rate differential is the same, but if the Casino is your thing, something to look into since the Casino is also about 0.5 miles away and an easy walk in the nicer weather. We took cabs to and fro just because there was 2 feet of snow and it was too cold to hike. Cabs were easy to find at both hotels. I'm Priority Club Gold member and all our checkin materials were ready on arrival, room ready too. Front desk staff were very efficient and polite. We didn't use any of the hotel's facilities such as pool, restaurant or fitness center. Consider this hotel for a reasonable place to stay in the Falls.

Room Tip: To view the Niagara River as it approaches the American Falls precipice ask for a westerly facing ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed there last Saturday night, hotel is older but has been renovated (for the most part), rooms were nice and met the expectations. Now to the bad part, they charged a bar tab to one of my rooms (sure, mistakes do happen) but that is not the issue, the way they treated me at the front desk is. A customer should never be made feel like you are lying, especially after I made them pull the ticket and neither my name nor the signature matched so it was clearly the error. The young man (clerk) called someone on the phone while the so-called manager was standing there, and tells them in front of me ... here is a guy who says that a charge is not his ... how do you like that? They were rude and bothered by having to straighten out their own stupidity, never apologized (GOLDEN RULE in Customer Service!) and even tried to get smart with me. I reminded them that I am a multi-year Platinum PC member and didn't appreciate being treated like a schmuck but they were just too busy listening to themselves. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Just stay elsewhere unless you want to be treated like garbage
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking out the time to leave us feedback on our hotel service. I apologize that your experience was not pleasant with our front desk staff. We will address this issue with the employees immediately. I would like to thank you for being a Platinum member and also a repeat guest at our hotel. We strive to provide the best customer service and accommodations for our guests. I hope you will afford us the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future so that we can show you how great our staff and hotel truly is.
Canton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The facility was very nice and the people were even nicer. Glad we stayed there. The rooms were very clean, the food was awesome and we had a great time in the pool. I travel the globe and there is no replacement for good workers. Paul and Alaina were great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sanborn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent experience, rooms were very nice and clean. I was blown away by how friendly and
helpful the staff was. The front desk attendant went above and beyond to help us out and make
out stay very enjoyable. would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for two nights while visiting the falls. The hotel is older, but clean and the bed was comfy, however the walls were paper thin and we could hear our neighbors talking and also hear when they went to the washroom. We did like the fact that the floors were clean with no musty carpeting. Ate at the hotel restaurant once and it was OK, nothing spectacular. Nice thing was the close proximity to the falls and we could walk. Not much to do on the US side, but Canadian side is loaded with great places to eat and shop. Parking was free and the hotel staff was nice and helpful when we asked for information.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!