“Awesome experience till now” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Mclean VA
“Awesome experience till now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Super comfy. Very well decorated and organized. The view frm the room is decent. Bed is hard and comfortable, gr8 furniture, plasma tv, big vanity mirror in room. Much better than most Sheraton and Hiltons I have stayed in.

Wish this was as close as Comfort Inn is to the falls.

• Stayed September 2012

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked two non smoking rooms and were put on a smoking floor. The hall was the stinkest foulest place. The rooms stunk and they were unable to move us. We were unable to sleep because the room was so foul. Breakfast was awful. Honestly, there are so many good B & B's and other options I can find nothing to recommend this hotel. I guess the location was pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on our hotel. We work hard to accommodate all of our guests and make them comfortable. When booking a standard room, you forgo your option to choose the room type you prefer. If you do have specific preferences, such as smoking or non smoking, 2 double beds or 1 king, booking the room you prefer will guarantee you get the type of room you need. A standard room is any room that is available in the hotel.

Our breakfast buffet includes unlimited bacon, sausage, eggs, skillet potatoes, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, breakfast breads, danishes, pancakes, French toast, cereal, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee, and tea. On the weekends, our buffet also includes a manned omelet station in which you can make your own combinations to create as many omelets as you like. We also offer a full menu of entrees to choose from if you prefer.
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here on the way to Bar Harbor, Maine. We thought we'd catch the Falls at night and that was great but they really shouldn't charge an arm and a leg because of their proximity to the Falls. The room was old fashioned, the door didn't shut firmly and it had an overall appearance of tacky and run down.
Most Hotels do a rehab from time to time but this place adds to the retro experience that the Falls are and not in a good way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. Over the past few years, our hotel has been renovated a few times. Our remodeling began when we first became a Holiday Inn in 2008. In the winter of 2010, we replaced all of the furniture and soft goods in the rooms. Then in 2011, we replaced the wallpaper and refinished all of the ceilings in the rooms. We also removed and replaced all of the carpeting in the hotel common areas. Our staff reports any defects in the hotel directly to our general manger. She responds by fixing the problem or replacing what is needed immediately.
Our hotel is located directly across from the Niagara Falls State Park; this is why hotels in our immediate area charge a premium rate for their hotel rooms. We are a seasonal destination, so during the nice weather we have very high demand. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your opinion of our hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean, bed was soft. The tv was nice and big and had a good selection of channels. We stayed on the 4th floor all the way at the end of the hallway. Unfortunately we were right across from the maid closet, and all night you could hear them opening and closing the door. A few times around 11:30pm-1:00am you could hear them in the hallway with a very loud annoying walkie talkie. Around 8am they were shouting to each other down the hallway... other than those pesky nuisances, the front desk staff was attentive and helpful and the location was perfect. Easy walk to the falls or the down town area.

• Stayed September 2012
Winterset, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I think this hotel deserved a 1 star rating at best It had extremely stained carpet and walls throughout--tile was broken several places--hairs in the shower and sink both (i'm bald) and staff was next to nonexistant. I wouldn't consider staying there at half price

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Our Holiday Inn location is a AAA 3 Diamond rated property. Our entire staff is dedicated to making our guests feel comfortable and making their stay memorable. We appreciate your feedback on our hotel; thankfully this type of experience is not common at our property.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

As other reviewers have said, this is not the fanciest hotel in Niagara. For the price, quality and location, this hotel can't be beat. This is the second year I've come to Niagara, and the second time I've stayed here. The rooms are simple and clean, exactly what I was looking for - I spend most of my time outside, enjoying the beauty this area has to offer.

I got to the hotel fairly early in the morning, before my room was ready, but I was able to check my luggage into their storage. Tina, the front desk clerk, was nice enough to give me a business card, so I could call back and check if my room was ready, while I spent the day exploring the falls area.

The location is fabulous - a few minutes' walk and you are in the NF State Park, but not so close that you get the traffic of park visitors. The hotel restaurant doesn't have a large menu, but the dishes I had were all very tasty and not too pricey. Also, there are several restaurants within walking distance. If you do have a vehicle, they have free parking, which is not available at all of the hotels (even those in the same price range as this).

While it is true that the floors in the rooms aren't the greatest, everything in the rooms was spotless - cleaner than some other higher-end hotels I've stayed at. The elevators can get cramped when a lot of people are there, but short of doing a major rebuild, I don't see how those could be changed.

I didn't try the pool, but the spa was all right. Not very big and the water wasn't too hot (toasty, but not hot), but it did the trick for sore feet after a long day of walking around the park. There's a nice lobby area near the pool - perfect for sitting and chatting.

They have free wifi at the hotel and the signal strength was great - they have a transmitter for each floor, I believe, but they all use the same code, so it was no trouble when I went downstairs to the restaurant - I still had coverage there.

All in all, I had a great experience - the staff are nice, the rooms are clean, the location is very convenient and the price was right. I'm sure I'll be back for more visits!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a better view. Eastern exposure rooms (city view) can be a little o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for a night, on our way from Thousand Islands to Niagara Falls in late July 2012.

Room was comfortable and nice. They had a free tea/coffee machine - which was refreshing given our long travel.

Walls in hallways looked a bit old.

Staff at hotel was not very responsive. It took us quite some time to draw their attention that we were around and respond to the same.
I had left my cellphone somewhere in hotel (in my room, i guess). I tried reaching them, over phone, a number of times to find whether they had found anything. It was an unpleasant experience - everytime i was told that they would check up and call me back - but i never got a callback.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gayle N, Front Office Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We appreciate your direct and honest feedback. At our hotel, it is our top priority to recover personal items when they are left behind by our guests. Once we are alerted of an issue, we immediately inform our employees and guest agents of proper procedures when handling lost items. Thank you.

Been to The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!