“Just Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

I booked the Victoria Suite for the night before our wedding ceremony after reading so many good reviews on Tripadvisor. It was so good that, with hindsight, I wished I had booked for two nights. All I can say is that this Suite exceeded all my expectations - it was more like a small apartment and was absolutely spotless.
On the day of our arrival we enjoyed a late lunch taken on the terrace of the hotel. The food was good and the staff friendly and efficient. The Continental Breakfast in our room the next day was, contrary to some reviews, very nice and more than adequate.
On the morning of our departure we were allowed a late check out so that we could return to our room and get changed after our wedding ceremony. We really appreciated this as we were leaving straight away for New York.
These were all the good points.The only bad point was that the bedrooms are at the back of the building, as are the air conditioning units for the kitchens (at least I think that's what they were). The noise was a little bit obtrusive but it didn't spoil our stay.

• Liked — Size of Suite
  • Disliked — Stairs up to suite
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
lancaster,pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

We chose a 1 bed lower price room. When we arrived our room was on 1st floor back of building and we were told that no one is there overnight !! You are next to the long closed museum separated by an open gate.The room was very clean but you could not use the antique dresser because of very stained shelf paper. We checked out the 2nd day and moved to the Comfort across the street. By the way i grew up in Niagara Falls and go back every year or so. We stayed here because my mother in law, brother in law and 3 grandchildren loved their stay-indoors in the front of the building in a suite. Air conditioning weak.

Stayed April 2006
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

While this was the off season for this area, we had a wonderful stay here. We took the train in from NYC and a cab ride over to the Inn.

The Inn was mostly vacant so we had the place to ourselves. Our room was a mini apartment with a living room, kitchen, and bedroom, all facing the rapids outside. This was one of the most romantic places a couple could stay at. You almost didn't want to leave the room.

Even though it was December, the weather was nice, and we walked around a bit to see the river. The immediate area around the Inn is nothing spectacular (except towards the river), and there is not much in the way of restaurant choices. However, the restaurant at the Inn is wonderful though, and there is no need to eat anywhere else.....unless you go over to the Canadian side.

I can''t say enough good about this place. I recommend it fully for a couple to get away and enjoy a quiet romantic getaway for two.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — The area around the Inn
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Russell Springs, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

What a treat! This place was absolutely fantastic! I stayed in the Coventry suite...which they really should name the the Coventry SWEET! It was like a two bedroom apartment! Full living room with fireplace, a full kitchen and dining area, two bedrooms and a bathroom you could actually move around in! Plenty of closet space to boot. The people were very attentive and polite and wasted no time in getting things done around there!

Right outside the window was a view of the rushing water that led to the Falls. A beautiful park was a hop and a skip away, as well as other "touristy" things to do. There was really no need to even leave the immediate area. They had room service with wonderful food, wine, beer, cheese, fruit, anything you wanted! Not to mention a bar and full restaurant just two doors down.

The first morning I awoke and was so pleased to find my coffee and breakfast ready for me. It was pleasant because with a flip of a switch, I had instant fireplace with my morning feast. I had everything I needed that most people don't think to pack, such as something so simple as a bottle opener and a bath robe!

To be honest, I had no intention of staying in a bed & breakfast, as they are a just a bit pricey. I had made last minute reservations because EVERY hotel in town was booked the weekend I wanted to visit the Niagara Falls, Buffalo area. I am very lucky they had a room available for me. It was definitely worth it. They carried my luggage in immediately upon arrival. Let me just add the most important thing I noticed here. They did not bother me! Nope, it was quiet, and if I did need anything, the front desk was just a phone call away.

Anyway, I could brag for hours on this place, literally. I highly recommend this for anyone. Really, all you need is your clothes when you stay here.

And I might just add, I've read the other other reviews. Some people didn't seem happy with not having elevators and parking in the rear. And that's ok. But let me just reiterate...they carry your luggage for you. I have no issues with carrying my own weight a few feet from the car to the front door.

I'm definitely planning on returning! Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Stayed April 2007
Allen TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

We stayed at the Red Coach in the Coventry Suite and enjoyed it very much. We had a two bedroom suite. There was plenty of room for us and our teenage son. The room was very clean. I liked being able to go to the website and choose the room I wanted. Since there are no elevators, it was nice to have a room on the first floor. The breakfast was great with plenty of food. We ended up taking leftovers away with us. We ate lunch in the restaurant one day and it was very good. The Inn was very quiet with a nice view out the front window.

The only negative was that the mattress in the back bedroom was terrible. We felt like we were rolling toward the center of the bed all night. I mentioned this at checkout and the woman made a note. If anyone else stays there, let me know if they replace the mattress. I am curious. I also would have liked an itemized bill. When I checked out, I asked for a copy of the bill and was just given a credit card slip to sign with the total. I supposedly was given an AARP discount, but I'm not sure since I never saw a breakdown of the charges.

All in all, a very nice stay. I would definitely stay there again. The falls are awesome.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, nice view
  • Disliked — Bad mattress
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Huntington, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

Stayed for our anniversary and really loved the place. The suite included a fireplace, four poster bed and Whirlpool Tub. It was a romantic getaway!

Breakfast of fruit, yogurt and cereal was left in refridgerator the previous night so you could relax and enjoy at your own pace.

The Inn was a short walk to Falls and we walked around both American and Canadian sides of the Falls. We enjoyed our complete experience including the restaurant at the Inn.

We would definitely recommend it and would stay again!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

Our visit in January was our second in just a few months and we are already figuring out when we can go again. Our kids sent us there the first time as an anniversary trip and we spent several days over New Years as well.

The Red Coach is so peaceful and quiet - it is like staying in a home. We stayed in 1 bedroon suite overlooking the rapids. Everything is just very nice and comfortable and relaxing and exactly what we were looking for. If you want more action, it is just a short drive away, but how wonderful to return to our private, quiet haven at the end of each day. The staff was responsive and friendly. We ate in the restaurant numerous times and had excellent meals and service each time. The patio is lovely and during our earlier visit, we often sat out there for drinks at the end of the day. The Falls are mesmerizing and it was wonderful to be able to walk down each evening and enjoy the view.

As I said above, we will be back again and are already looking forward to it!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel? Share your experiences!