“Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Huntington, NY
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

Stayed for our anniversary and really loved the place. The suite included a fireplace, four poster bed and Whirlpool Tub. It was a romantic getaway!

Breakfast of fruit, yogurt and cereal was left in refridgerator the previous night so you could relax and enjoy at your own pace.

The Inn was a short walk to Falls and we walked around both American and Canadian sides of the Falls. We enjoyed our complete experience including the restaurant at the Inn.

We would definitely recommend it and would stay again!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

Our visit in January was our second in just a few months and we are already figuring out when we can go again. Our kids sent us there the first time as an anniversary trip and we spent several days over New Years as well.

The Red Coach is so peaceful and quiet - it is like staying in a home. We stayed in 1 bedroon suite overlooking the rapids. Everything is just very nice and comfortable and relaxing and exactly what we were looking for. If you want more action, it is just a short drive away, but how wonderful to return to our private, quiet haven at the end of each day. The staff was responsive and friendly. We ate in the restaurant numerous times and had excellent meals and service each time. The patio is lovely and during our earlier visit, we often sat out there for drinks at the end of the day. The Falls are mesmerizing and it was wonderful to be able to walk down each evening and enjoy the view.

As I said above, we will be back again and are already looking forward to it!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Warrington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2006

Prior to my trip with my now fiancee, we had planned to get away to Niagara Falls & Toronto for Memorial Day weekend. What she didn't know is where I booked the hotel, since I had originally planned to stay outside Niagara Falls in Amherst. She had never been to Niagara Falls, and knowing that I was going to propose I didn't want to stay outside of the area. After some research, I found the Red Coach Inn. I did not tell my fiancee until after I proposed that I had changed the reservation. The Inn happens to be less than 1500 ft from where I proposed (on Luna Island), which was convenient (since we were able to walk back to Luna Island after checking in and take some photos, before having dinner at the Inn.)

When we arrived there was a older guest that decided to stay another night, so the Inn moved us to another larger room, which was absoultely amazing & very romantic. As per my request, my extra Inn package of roses, champagne & chocolates were in the room when we arrived. We had dinner at the Inn that night, which was also excellent. The next day we explored the Falls area and saw everything. While we were exploring the Inn moved our things to the room we were originally going to stay in, also unbelievable. We were able to see the rapids from both rooms. The one negative was the breakfast was very light & already in the fridge when we arrived. I could have had a bigger meal, which I did later. However, that did not come close to deterring us from going back at some point.

• Liked — The Location & the romantic rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Do research & you'll find the perfect place for your trip/vacation.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

We stayed here two nights for our anniversary, and we couldn't be more happy about our inn choice.
While some say, "The U.S. side has nothing--all the action is on the Canadian side, " well, I guess it depends on for what you're looking.
What we got was a precious, English-style inn and restaurant, right on the banks of the river, with the roar of the Falls in the distance.
We watched the foaming rapids from our suite's living room window.
Our room was spendid: a large, comfy living area with a warm fireplace..Plenty of room to stretch out on the sofas..The full-sized, all-amenities kitchen was a nice surprise. I spent quite a bit of time bubbling away the chills of our daytime excursions with a leisurely soak in the jacuzzi tub. Our bedroom was wonderful--very comfortable king sized bed, with plenty of extra pillows and blankets. And quiet was our sleep! The only sounds were the rapids in the distance...
Our continental breakfast was good--bagels 'n' cream cheese, scones w/raspberry jam, pumpkin and carrot bread, cereal, oatmeal, homemade granola, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. All right in our fridge to enjoy at our leisure.
The inn is wonderfully located right across from Goat Island and the Niagara State Park. We strolled daily through the park, and enjoyed the Cave of the Winds, the Observation Tower and the gorgeous views of the Falls.
We had our dinner at the Red Coach Inn restaurant, and it was wonderful! They found space for us at the last minute on a busy Saturday night, and we were seated in a romantic alcove--it felt like private dining. My hearty 9 oz filet mignon was cooked perfectly, and my husband's roasted pork loin with apple-cranberry chutney was a very sizable and delicious dinner. Our waitstaff was extremely courteous, attentive and eager to ensure our visit was perfect.
And to whomever prefers the Canadian side I have to say: gazing across the river (from the vantage point of our lovely, natural surroundings) at the Canadian high-rise hotels, flashing neon lights, and over-commercialization with chain restuarants, I am happy to say that we chose the better side on which to stay.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Avon, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

My wife and I decided to visit Niagara Falls on our way back to CT from a Midwest golf trip and came across this inn upon driving near the falls. We stayed in the Oxford Suite on the third floor and were very impressed with the accomodations. The rooms were beautifully decorated in an Old English style, very tastefully done. The living room, bathroom and bedroom were spacious and the rooms overlooked the rapids leading to the American Falls. The breakfast, left in your refrigerator for the following morning, was just ok. However, the kitchen and dining area more than make up for that. There is a parking lot, but it is not convenient to the room we were in as we had to bring our luggage around the building in front of the restaurant and then up 3 flights of stairs. The restaurant seemed nice and we had some drinks at the bar. The bartender was kind of loutish and unprofessional acting, but he was skilled. The rest of the staff we met seemed pleasant enough. All in all, this is a great property, in a great location near the falls, and we would definitely stay here again as the pros far outweigh the negatives.

Stayed October 2006
So.California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

Nice place my three yr old daughter had a great time. But to check in at the hotels resturant was not a pleasant experience and I was weary about the rest of the experience. But as soon as I excused myself to let them know I was no longer willing to wait as I had a toddler I was helped. I took one of the smallest rooms "The Winchester " it had obviously just been redone with the exception of the fridge they had a napkin covering the torn up top. The breakfast were great. There was so much that I let my daughter take a bunch of it daily to feed the birds, which is always a favorite. But the spa tub was so GROSS that I would not allow myself or child take a bath in it. They have it clean but not taken the MOLD out of the spouts.....be careful. Ted the owner obviously seems to care more about his resturant then the B&B. The food is plentiful and good but if you have a problem with the room your out of any quick help....all in all I would go again we never had to take the car and walked to Canada and to Dennys the only other place to eat around. Be carful if you are looking for things to do on the American side there is NONE. A grocery store is about 15-20 min drive away but there is a convenience store in walking distance if you are a walker...ten blocks.

• Liked — The convenience to the Falls and the Canadian border
  • Disliked — the mold in the Jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westwood Los Angeles County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

Having never been to Niagara Falls we decided on this hotel - and could not have made a better choice. We stayed in the Oxford Suite which was a converted apartment with a living room, large kitchen, dining area, big bedroom and a bathroom bigger then all of them at our house, combined. They leave you breakfast in the refrigerator that consists of orange juice, muffins, fruits and cereal - actually you save some of it for later! While there are technically views of the river, it is basically across two streets, which is no big deal to walk to. Be aware that the check-in desk is the restaurant - it took me a while to figure that one out. They were exceptionally nice, and willing to help out with just about everything. We were blown away with what a terrific place this is and if we ever go to the area again would not stay elsewhere.

Been to The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel? Share your experiences!