My husband and I retired in September, and have been on an epic American roadtrip ever since. We have stayed in some beautiful hotels, and some that promised to be beautiful but failed. We decided to finish our trip in style and found the Red Coach Inn on the internet. All I have been able to say since, is WOW. This is the most beautiful and warm hotel ever. Wonderful staff. We stayed in the Sheffield suite which is pure luxury at its best. The king canopy bed seems to hug you when you lay down, the thermostat operated fireplace that kept us cozy all night, the gorgeous fixtures, chandeliers, bedding and draperies, champagne and cheese chilling in the fridge, and real glassware. That last statement might seem odd, but after using plastic hotel glasses for a few months, sometimes the small details mean alot.
Oh, about the view. Location, location, location!!!! This suite is on the first floor, with its own (double secure) entrance onto the street in front of the hotel. The same small quiet street that you cross to walk along the Niagara Parks region of the upper river rapids, just yards from the falls!! Breathtakingly beautiful, very powerful and scenic. You can cross to Goat Island in a 2 minute walk from the hotel, and get to the Rainbow Bridge to Canada in about 10 minutes. The Canadian Niagara Falls skyline was a welcome treat for us to see, both in the daytime and at night with all the lights, since we've been away from home for several months. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
We ate a light supper in the room, but enjoyed the included breakfast in the old english pub style restaurant, also facing the rapids. Great service, great attention to detail, and the best steak and eggs and capuccino! Although you can order anything you want from the breakfast menu.
We will definately be back, and are telling our friends and family about this great find of ours, for their next trips to Niagara USA. Thank you Red Coach Inn for a memorable stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Coach Inn Historic b&b Hotel
- The Red Coach Inn Historic Hotel
- The Red Coach Inn Historic Hotel Niagara Falls
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built by the Schoellkopf family to resemble the Bell Inn in Finedon, England, and named after the red carriage that brought General Marquis de Lafayette to Niagara Falls, the Red Coach Inn has been welcoming guests to Niagara Falls since 1923. Overlooking the spectacular Upper Rapids just 500 yards from the American Falls, the inn is Niagara’s most distinctive historic structure, with its English Tudor exterior and warm English country ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.