“Could have been cleaner” 3 of 5 stars

Falls Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5820 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mound, Minnesota
“Could have been cleaner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

we stayed two days the owners are very nice and helpful with info you need to see the falls and do things in the area, the roads were torn up in front of the hotel and so you need to take the long way around to get to the falls. the hotel will give you a ride to the falls area and come and get you as long as you call before 9:30. the rooms well they could have been cleaner tub very stained and bathroom so small you could barley turn around. Rooms smelled old and musty, I felt they were a little over priced for what you got. would stay at a different hotel if I went back to area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sheila V

Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in Aug, 2013 for 2 nights. The small motel was exactly what we were looking for. The first night we took a long walk to the Falls and were rewarded with an amazing sight and a torential downpour that lasted about 5 minutes and then cleared right up. The wonderful owners gave us a bus pass and we enjoyed the quick ride back to the motel on the bus for free.
We enjoyed 2 days seeing the Falls and taking the tours. We were instructed on what to see and do by the motel owners and they took pride, not only in their motel, but in helping their guests feel like guests. They gave us a great breakfast basket each day which we enjoyed taking with us and eating as we went.
The motel is old and small but well maintained and clean. The owners make it well worth staying. When we were there the city had the entire street torn up and it was harder to find and to get around but we were offered a ride if we wanted and just treated like family.
When we visit Niagara again we will definitely stay with our new friends again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank FatherOfEight
Montgomery
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here two nights in June 2013. The owners (father and son) are easy to talk to and very free with touristy advice. There is some road construction in the area, but they pointed out a very easy and quick way to get to Niagara State Park (and to restaurants and shopping).

We liked the room. It wasn't big, nor especially 'up to date" decor-wise, but it had the accoutrements we desire (fridge, microwave, tv, wi-fi, coffee). The contents of the breakfast basket (bananas, muffin, and fruity drink) were very easy to carry to the park and munch on as we looked at the falls.

This is a small, family-run motel, and the owners have to sleep sometime. So if you want current decor, large rooms, and 24/7 service, you might want to look elsewhere. But if you want functional rooms, useful amenities, owners who treat their guests as guests, and a convenient location, you might want to give this place a look.

If we were to do a return visit to Niagara Falls, we'd look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are "on the fence" regarding two different sized rooms, I'd suggest getting the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jcha5
Lakewood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at Falls Motel on the night of June 29th, 2013, this place is only about 3.5 miles from the actual falls and looked small. The parking lot is a little tricky, since there is only 8 - 10 spots, but these spots are in the middle of the "U"-shaped motel, so be careful backing out! We checked in at about 4:30p where we parked in front of the office, which was very, very tiny, so don't bring in more than yourself if you're just checking in. The guys at the desk were the nicest guys I have ever met at a hotel/motel, they gave us 2 maps (even though were familiar with the area), a key to the room and our receipt -- this is also where I noticed the "Trip Advisor" sticker on the window. When we entered the room, the first thing we saw was a 2-person couch but the room also offered a twin sized bed, microwave, mini-fridge, desk, flat screen TV, a little closet with no door, which contained extra blankets and pillows. I immediately felt like I was in a log cabin because of the stone and wood walls, which I loved. The bathroom was nice and clean, it was full of mini shampoos, soaps, body washes and a hair dryer. The shower did not have a curtain but instead, a sliding glass door -- nice touch. My complaints of the bathroom are limited to 2 things:

1:) The shower pressure was not great. At times it felt as if I was not going to be able to get the shampoo out of my hair, and my body wash did not rinse off as nicely as it did at home, or even other motel/hotels
2:) Going again with the tiny-theme the room was small. I banged my elbows on the wall as I changed and dried myself off, I'm only 5' 11'' but still had a challenging time.

What I loved about this place too was that they offer a continental breakfast, but not the kind you are thinking of. Here the breakfast foods were placed in a plastic tray which consisted of: 2 Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, 2 Sam Club brand water bottles, 2 Minute Maid apple juice boxes and 2 bananas. I liked the fact that, this is the food you would be eating anyway, but it was already in your room, so there was no need to hurry and get ready to meet the often limited hours of breakfast at other places. Granted this wasn't a buffet, but still a really nice touch I wish I could elsewhere. Overall the place was nice, I'd say our room is defiantly recommended for couples [Room 8] because of the size and I give this place a 6.0/10.0 mainly because of its size. I'm not expecting Marriott-sized rooms, but it did seem a little squished at times, what drew me away from those things was the hospitality of the guys at the office. One guy actually came out and asked how we liked everything before we actually settled in -- also a nice tough.
Thank you, Falls Motel for having us!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 8. It's the only room with wood and stone walls inside, makes for a very nice atmo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan S
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Typical family owned place with just a handful of rooms.. Rooms were quite clean without the the stench or smell that one feels at other big motels like super 8 or days inn.. But they are somewhat small.. Since its family owned you can't really expect a 24 hour door boy service.. The owner and his son make up all their staff.. But they were friendly And responsive enough especially when shuttling us to the falls area

The place is located at a quieter location in the falls little away from all the hustle bustle of the falls area.. But that would be a slight disadvantage if you don't have a car.. They do offer a free round trip to and from the falls but additional trips are charged and this service is only till 9 pm The free breakfast they give us nothing bug to speak off just couple of grocery store muffins juice and fruit

But overall a nice little place to stay with reasonable prices

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank pratapan
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 days in the middle of May 2013 and when I finally decided on this motel it was because it reminded me of the motel my grandparents ran when I was a small girl. I was not disappointed. The Knolls are a really wonderful family and our room was clean and neat. I had read other reviews of this facility and we had NO issues what so ever, these gentlemen are tops at hospitality. This motel is run the way things should be run. I would highly recommend staying here and if I ever come back to Niagara, I will book here again. Our stay was delightful. Kudos to the Knolls.

Room Tip: Economical and pleasant and run by a family who chooses to really make their guests feel welcome.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ella245_eh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

It's a nice place to stay the owners r very friendly and it's a quite place to stay the owner tells u where everything is and how far of a distance u have to go if u want To go to these places .the rooms r clean and ever room has ac in it for your own use if u choose to use it :-)

• Stayed May 2013