“Nice owners and location” 4 of 5 stars

Falls Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5820 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #13 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Montgomery
“Nice owners and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here two nights in June 2013. The owners (father and son) are easy to talk to and very free with touristy advice. There is some road construction in the area, but they pointed out a very easy and quick way to get to Niagara State Park (and to restaurants and shopping).

We liked the room. It wasn't big, nor especially 'up to date" decor-wise, but it had the accoutrements we desire (fridge, microwave, tv, wi-fi, coffee). The contents of the breakfast basket (bananas, muffin, and fruity drink) were very easy to carry to the park and munch on as we looked at the falls.

This is a small, family-run motel, and the owners have to sleep sometime. So if you want current decor, large rooms, and 24/7 service, you might want to look elsewhere. But if you want functional rooms, useful amenities, owners who treat their guests as guests, and a convenient location, you might want to give this place a look.

If we were to do a return visit to Niagara Falls, we'd look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are "on the fence" regarding two different sized rooms, I'd suggest getting the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lakewood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at Falls Motel on the night of June 29th, 2013, this place is only about 3.5 miles from the actual falls and looked small. The parking lot is a little tricky, since there is only 8 - 10 spots, but these spots are in the middle of the "U"-shaped motel, so be careful backing out! We checked in at about 4:30p where we parked in front of the office, which was very, very tiny, so don't bring in more than yourself if you're just checking in. The guys at the desk were the nicest guys I have ever met at a hotel/motel, they gave us 2 maps (even though were familiar with the area), a key to the room and our receipt -- this is also where I noticed the "Trip Advisor" sticker on the window. When we entered the room, the first thing we saw was a 2-person couch but the room also offered a twin sized bed, microwave, mini-fridge, desk, flat screen TV, a little closet with no door, which contained extra blankets and pillows. I immediately felt like I was in a log cabin because of the stone and wood walls, which I loved. The bathroom was nice and clean, it was full of mini shampoos, soaps, body washes and a hair dryer. The shower did not have a curtain but instead, a sliding glass door -- nice touch. My complaints of the bathroom are limited to 2 things:

1:) The shower pressure was not great. At times it felt as if I was not going to be able to get the shampoo out of my hair, and my body wash did not rinse off as nicely as it did at home, or even other motel/hotels
2:) Going again with the tiny-theme the room was small. I banged my elbows on the wall as I changed and dried myself off, I'm only 5' 11'' but still had a challenging time.

What I loved about this place too was that they offer a continental breakfast, but not the kind you are thinking of. Here the breakfast foods were placed in a plastic tray which consisted of: 2 Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, 2 Sam Club brand water bottles, 2 Minute Maid apple juice boxes and 2 bananas. I liked the fact that, this is the food you would be eating anyway, but it was already in your room, so there was no need to hurry and get ready to meet the often limited hours of breakfast at other places. Granted this wasn't a buffet, but still a really nice touch I wish I could elsewhere. Overall the place was nice, I'd say our room is defiantly recommended for couples [Room 8] because of the size and I give this place a 6.0/10.0 mainly because of its size. I'm not expecting Marriott-sized rooms, but it did seem a little squished at times, what drew me away from those things was the hospitality of the guys at the office. One guy actually came out and asked how we liked everything before we actually settled in -- also a nice tough.
Thank you, Falls Motel for having us!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 8. It's the only room with wood and stone walls inside, makes for a very nice atmo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Typical family owned place with just a handful of rooms.. Rooms were quite clean without the the stench or smell that one feels at other big motels like super 8 or days inn.. But they are somewhat small.. Since its family owned you can't really expect a 24 hour door boy service.. The owner and his son make up all their staff.. But they were friendly And responsive enough especially when shuttling us to the falls area

The place is located at a quieter location in the falls little away from all the hustle bustle of the falls area.. But that would be a slight disadvantage if you don't have a car.. They do offer a free round trip to and from the falls but additional trips are charged and this service is only till 9 pm The free breakfast they give us nothing bug to speak off just couple of grocery store muffins juice and fruit

But overall a nice little place to stay with reasonable prices

• Stayed June 2013
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 days in the middle of May 2013 and when I finally decided on this motel it was because it reminded me of the motel my grandparents ran when I was a small girl. I was not disappointed. The Knolls are a really wonderful family and our room was clean and neat. I had read other reviews of this facility and we had NO issues what so ever, these gentlemen are tops at hospitality. This motel is run the way things should be run. I would highly recommend staying here and if I ever come back to Niagara, I will book here again. Our stay was delightful. Kudos to the Knolls.

Room Tip: Economical and pleasant and run by a family who chooses to really make their guests feel welcome.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

It's a nice place to stay the owners r very friendly and it's a quite place to stay the owner tells u where everything is and how far of a distance u have to go if u want To go to these places .the rooms r clean and ever room has ac in it for your own use if u choose to use it :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Niagara or just passing through and want an economic, cozy, clean, and safe place to stay, this is the place. First, the owner is a gentleman and has provided customer service that truly exceeded my expectations. For the price of one evening in one of the major hotels we were able to spend two evenings with accommodations for two adult s and three children. We were given a basket with enough bananas, real fruit juice, pastries, and water for each of us, along with an easy to follow map and local information for virtually everywhere one would want to go in Niagara. I approached the owner with concerns over a bad review that almost made me go elsewhere and he explained the situation and after talking face to face with him and understanding the situation, I am glad that we did not go elsewhere and I am happy and relieved to know that the harsh review is just smear. We will stay here the next time we visit and will look forward to the absolutely phenomenal hospitality that the Knoll family delivers....btw Buzzy's pizza is top notch too!

Room Tip: room 4 is a good choice, private , quiet and nice neighborhood. This is seriously a great place for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

At first glance nothing to rave about. Pleasant folks, room old fashioned but clean. Tested with my dust cloth and it came up clean. Beds comfortable, pillows not so much. I liked the quietness so I slept well. Area not pretty, roads being worked on for a while now. Close to shopping. Breakfast basket on arrival - nice touch. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep on your shopping or casino expedition it is worth it, after all you are only going to be spending a few hours there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Falls Motel? Share your experiences!