“try it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Niagara Falls
mississauga
“try it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

At first glance nothing to rave about. Pleasant folks, room old fashioned but clean. Tested with my dust cloth and it came up clean. Beds comfortable, pillows not so much. I liked the quietness so I slept well. Area not pretty, roads being worked on for a while now. Close to shopping. Breakfast basket on arrival - nice touch. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep on your shopping or casino expedition it is worth it, after all you are only going to be spending a few hours there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pendleton, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Falls motel deserves a solid "5" rating for their hospitality and cleanliness of the rooms. The motel is run by a father and son combo who are very courteous and helpful, treating guests as family. My wife and I spent a weekend there and have no complaints whatsoever. Don't expect a 5-star hotel resort, but for the price the Falls Motel is difficult to beat. Location is perfect as the motel is only a few minutes down the Robert Moses Pkwy from the Falls and all of the main attractions, including the local shopping outlets. The motel is located in a quiet neighborhood, and the rooms are well maintained/clean. The owner is very friendly and my wife and I appreciated the breakfast baskets each morning! Overall a solid motel in a great location.

Room Tip: If you call and speak with the owner about room preferences he will help ensure you get a room to fi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Recently I had written a review about this motel but it since it mentioned bugs I had to confirm it for tripadvisor and being out of town was unable to do so and thus ended up writing the review again. I really wanted to write this one as I would not want any family (esp, children) to experience what I did. In any case this works for me as I had missed one point in my earlier review which I have covered now.

So here you go:

We had to stay in Buffalo for a day and decided to stay in this motel. The reason we chose this place is that my husband had stayed here twice earlier with his friends (but that was 2 years ago). He told me the place is cozy and nice. After seeing pictures/reviews I thought so too. I felt it is good for the price. We checked in the hotel in the evening around 5:30 PM. It was cold outside so I sat in the car while my husband went to the front desk. I was listening to their conversation. There was a small boy at the desk first ..he then called his dad. The dad (owner) mentioned that the kid was in training. The owner was very friendly and nice to talk to. We then went to the room. It seemed clean and acceptable for the price. We also got a nice breakfast basket of cup cake , bottled water and fruit for the morning. My husband again had a chat with the owner and his dad (kids grandfather).. like earlier they were sweet to talk to.

However, it was 12 AM in the night when things went bad. In my sleep I realized I was scratching my hands and legs badly ..suddenly got up as something stinging on my skin. I told my husband and he switched on the lights. We then looked at the mattress and I saw two bed bugs crawling. :( We got up and took the bugs on a tissue and flushed them. I was terrified. Luckily, the owner had mistaken us for a three people stay instead of two and thus we had a small single bed in the corner. I then slept on that and had made up my mind that if something like this happens on this tiny bed I would go and sleep in the car no matter how cold it is. I feel asleep in an hour and this did not happen again on the single bed. We checked out in the morning and my husband told the boy at the front desk (as he was the only one at the desk that time) that there are bed bugs. The boy said that he will let his father know about it.

I was really confused over what rating to give to this hotel as I really liked the owners, their attitude towards the guests but then I thought over that hospitality only gives you an added edge. One at least expect the basic needs to to be nice and clean. I hope they renovate the hotel soon so that visitors don't have to experience what I did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I reserved the room based on the reviews I had read here and I was not disappointed, I totally recommend this place.
It was a little bit hard to find, because the main street ( Buffalo ave ) was closed due to construction but that was no problem because I was using GPS navigation. It is about 10 minutes driving to the falls ( or maybe you might like to walk a little bit).
The place was really quiet, probably due to street construction and you can park your car right in front of your room, so no distance to carry your stuff around.
I got room number 1, it had 3 bed, 1 twin and 1 regular size. The room had everything you need for a stay, ( TV, Fridge, Microwave, coffee maker and FREE WIFI.) The bed was cosy, and the room was warm and very clean.
and the clerk was really helpful, they left the key out for me because I checked in late. They left breakfast for us ( unfortunately I couldn't tell them that we're a party of 3, so they left breakfast for 2).
I'm really satisfied with the place for the price I paid and the service I got.

Room Tip: Just reserve it fast. I reserved through priceline
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nothing great about the motel itself...nothing special about what you get. It's small, cozy/cabinlike, clean and inexpensive and includes the daily paper and a basket breakfast. Rooms have small fridge and microwave. Bed was comfy and extra pillows were in the room. Sheets were very nice, towels were thin...so linens evened out. Neighborhood to "outsiders" seems seedy -- but it's really an old family neighborhood in the Falls that's a little run down. The street is under construction right now (October 2012) so it was VERY quiet with absolutely NO traffic...but even during normal times, that's a quiet street at night.

BUT HERE'S THE GREAT THING -- you feel like you're staying with an old friend!! This father and son team are absolutely AWESOME people, and do whatever it takes to make your stay in Niagara Falls pleasant. Just do it! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: There's one little room that has never been remodeled from the original Motel. We reserved it b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I picked this motel based on reviews and i was not disappointed in any way. I stayed in a 1 queen bed room and as promised during reservation it had everything Microwave, Refrig, Cabled-TV, Breakfast(muffin,fruit & juice). After a long day at the niagara, all you wanted is a comfy & cheaper place to stay i would recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I really liked this funky place. It is not your average low budget hotel. It is more like cabins. If you want a fancy place to stay this is not the place. The owners are Super friendly. I felt welcomed as if I was a distant relative.

My tour guide from the hotel took me to the Falls. He had time to show me around and walked around with me. I thought that was so cool of him. He showed me where to park at night for free so I went back that night by myself.

They gave me a nice breakfast basket. I don't know how people can complain about the breakfast where a place this small would not usually even give you anything.

The room was more like a cabin. The window was open and I could not shut it. The owner came and fixed it for me. He also said he was waiting on an order for a new window. So they are aware of the problems which was good.

When I came back from my night visit to the falls my bathroom light was on. I had gnats all over the bathroom counter. I addressed this matter in the morning and the owner said that it is a problem in June and July.

The shower was small and there was no room to jump out of the way when the water would suddenly change from hot to cold.

The room had a microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Falls Motel? Share your experiences!