“Cheerful, Clean and Cheap” 4 of 5 stars

Falls Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5820 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
San Jose, California
“Cheerful, Clean and Cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nothing great about the motel itself...nothing special about what you get. It's small, cozy/cabinlike, clean and inexpensive and includes the daily paper and a basket breakfast. Rooms have small fridge and microwave. Bed was comfy and extra pillows were in the room. Sheets were very nice, towels were thin...so linens evened out. Neighborhood to "outsiders" seems seedy -- but it's really an old family neighborhood in the Falls that's a little run down. The street is under construction right now (October 2012) so it was VERY quiet with absolutely NO traffic...but even during normal times, that's a quiet street at night.

BUT HERE'S THE GREAT THING -- you feel like you're staying with an old friend!! This father and son team are absolutely AWESOME people, and do whatever it takes to make your stay in Niagara Falls pleasant. Just do it! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: There's one little room that has never been remodeled from the original Motel. We reserved it b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I picked this motel based on reviews and i was not disappointed in any way. I stayed in a 1 queen bed room and as promised during reservation it had everything Microwave, Refrig, Cabled-TV, Breakfast(muffin,fruit & juice). After a long day at the niagara, all you wanted is a comfy & cheaper place to stay i would recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I really liked this funky place. It is not your average low budget hotel. It is more like cabins. If you want a fancy place to stay this is not the place. The owners are Super friendly. I felt welcomed as if I was a distant relative.

My tour guide from the hotel took me to the Falls. He had time to show me around and walked around with me. I thought that was so cool of him. He showed me where to park at night for free so I went back that night by myself.

They gave me a nice breakfast basket. I don't know how people can complain about the breakfast where a place this small would not usually even give you anything.

The room was more like a cabin. The window was open and I could not shut it. The owner came and fixed it for me. He also said he was waiting on an order for a new window. So they are aware of the problems which was good.

When I came back from my night visit to the falls my bathroom light was on. I had gnats all over the bathroom counter. I addressed this matter in the morning and the owner said that it is a problem in June and July.

The shower was small and there was no room to jump out of the way when the water would suddenly change from hot to cold.

The room had a microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Nice hotel, very helpful owner. We did not have a car, they helped with airport pick & drop, Free shuttle to falls. Nice breakfast included. Well maintained hotel.

Staff's (Owner) service should be appreciated very much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you're used to paying $200+ / night - go ahead and keep doing it... but if you want to pay less than half as much as that and still have a very pleasant stay - I would recommend this place.
Sure, some of the decor was dated, but we had a great sleep and woke up energised and ready to keep exploring NF.

The owners were helpful and extremely friendly. I felt at home in this accomodation.
Breakfast basket was perfect and a nice touch - nothing worse than trying to cram into a small room for breakfast as you do in the other chain hotels.

Short drive to all the attractions and to any food / shopping you could need. The owners also gave us a map and pointed out the highglights and where to find free parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Falls Motel. Owners are nice, very helpful. Rooms decor is a little dated, but clean. When you leave at 7:00 am and return at 11:00 pm, we really didn't care what the decor looked like! Not within walking distance to anywhere, but with the $$ we saved, It is well worth it. A breakfast basket and fridge (people staying in pricey hotel by the falls had none) were nice additions. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner, the first time we stayed it was better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jefferson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in a room that had 3 beds. It was small, but with 4 kids what do you expect. The owners were very very nice and helpful. I was nervous at first to stay. It was a little out dated and scary looking. But, it was clean. For the price, it could not be beat. Would I stay for a week? No. But overnight to head to the Falls and move along in your trip? Yes. We got everything that we were promised. It was not that bad. Not my favorite, but not bad.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Falls Motel? Share your experiences!