“Given the bad reviews, it was great!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Summit Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Summit Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Summit Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9500 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Niagara Falls, NY 14304-4909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“Given the bad reviews, it was great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed one night, 2 adults and 2 teens, room 142 on the main floor. Given the previous reviews (security, bed bugs, unpleasant staff, hard beds) we were concerned but it was great. Liz and Rich at the front desk were very pleasant (I told them I would write about them), the room with two Queen Size beds was clean and comfortable with fresh crisp sheets. Pool needs to be updated with some repair work. Pool hours are only until 9 pm so no swimming after shopping! Breakfast was ok and basic- cereal, oatmeal, fruit,make your own waffles, toast and hard boiled eggs. Parking at the back is somewhat secluded by woods so we parked in the front for security. No safes in your room but they have safe at the front desk. Great location to the Fashion Outlet mall, Super Walmart, chain restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Georgetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The hotel is very nice and quite on a relaxing street, not much around, the hotel has two floors with no elevators, so it's kinda of hard taking your luggage up the stairs. The front desk was very helpful in providing maps of what is around the area, as well if we would like to go bowling it's free the hotel offers that. We weren't interested. The parking lot is safe to keep your vehicle over night, they have security camera around the permitter. The hotel is okay for continental breakfast, apparently their waffles are really good, but we wanted to be served opposed to helping yourself. It was just that kind of vacation to relax. I would go back to this hotel, I would bring my own pillows the next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Thankfully only booked for 1 night, wouldn't want to stay any longer. This hotel has a very strong nasty smell throughout !!!! Walls are paper thin, could hear people talking in other rooms and the sound of TV volume. As far as the breakfast, I only had a coffee and the milk was sour! We went to Tim Hortons instead, just down the street. Very disappointed in this hotel, NOT worth $100 a night, plus tax. The only positve thing was it is close to Fashion's Outlet Mall, just a few minutes away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights from July 20 – July 22, 2011. Upon our arrival to the hotel, my wife and I were quite impressed with the hotel’s clean appearance. Compared to the neighbouring hotels and motels, its curb appeal was great. The interior did not disappoint either. The hotel had workers laying a new carpet throughout the hotel which did not interfere with our stay.

Our visit on the US side of Niagara Falls was mostly driven towards shopping for our baby to be. Initially, my wife and my attention were directed on this. However, the hotel instantly became one of the highlights. Breakfast was plentiful with a “continental breakfast” that met above the traditional continental breakfast standards (compared to Toronto hotels). Besides the typical croissant and bagels, it included boiled eggs and huge waffles that were made fresh from the batter provided – wow! Our delicious and all-you-can-eat breakfasts were a welcome way to begin any day of shopping.

The amenities were simple but well developed. Besides having wireless/wired Internet connections, the computer and printer found in the business room helped gain quick access to on-line coupons along with email. The indoor pool was a good size with the pool gradually levelling from the shallow end of 3 feet to around 5 feet in the deep end. The pool water was warm (which I like) and well maintained – we enjoyed it immensely. Many people positively commented about the exercise room but I never used the facilities. I guess the only drawback was the ice machine was broken in the main hall but ice was painlessly provided at the front desk – not a big deal.

We stayed in room 102 which was in the main hallway close to the main desk. The room came with a strong air-conditioner, 2 queen beds, spacious washroom, and a good sized television with a great selection of channels. Funny note, the blow dryer actually worked and had intense power (first time in all of my travels around the globe!). Housekeeping did a great job in replenishing towels and the room was well cleaned while not disturbing our luggage/property. Absolutely superior when compared to the neighbouring hotel which had a guy pushing a shopping cart in the parking lot filled with a vacuum and towels – no joke.
Thank you again Kristina who managed the hotel so well and knew the area so brilliantly (better than a GPS!).

Before this experience, we have been used to the all-inclusive southern and Caribbean vacations. Yet at a marginal price, we had a great stay while being fairly close to home. Both of us strongly suggest this hotel. Ignore the negative comments by others, there will always be complainers. Do not be fooled by the other hotel reviews –most looked sketchy at best on this strip. However, it should be noted that the Holiday Inn looked impressive but had a higher price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I booked my room on BestWestern.com. After booking I received an e-mail confirmation with a phone number if I had any questions regarding the room. I called to alert them I'd be checking in after 12am and the lady said it was no problem - by law they have to keep the room until 7am.

When I arrived there at 2am they had no record of my reservation. The guy at the front desk didn't seem very apologetic at all. He did call to get me a room at another hotel - but I had specifically chosen this one because it had OK reviews. Long story short, I was not reimbursed in any way for them inconveniencing me. I didn't even manage to get to sleep until a quarter to 4 in the morning because of this.

I called the next day and the manager said she was able to find my reservation. It was in the central reservation system but it never made it's way to the hotel's system. It sounds either like BS to me or their booking system is incredibly buggy. If you're traveling on a busy weekend, find some place else. It turns out I enjoyed my weekend much more by staying at a hotel closer to the falls.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. Filthy and smells beyond bad. No way this should be called a Best Western. Steer clear.

• Stayed June 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

It is quite some distance from the falls but no complaints for the price. Night desk was a bit lost in regards to my reservation but managed to get my issues resolved in the morning with the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was quite poor tho.

Room Tip: There are no lifts. Get a ground floor room,
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Summit Inn? Share your experiences!