Upon arrival with my 89 year old father at 9 PM in a thunderstorm, I was told by the manager that the entire amount of our stay (over $1600) would be charged to dad's credit card that night. When I protested and said I had never paid for a stay at the beginning of the stay, but at check out, the manager said it was a Wyndham policy and that all properties followed it. I again protested and said I would be letting other travelers know this via Tripadvisor. He said he was cancelling the reservation (which was 2 rooms for a week) because it was clear I would not be happy with anything during our stay. I told him I was protesting the policy, not the hotel, that it was raining hard, it was late, and he was threatening to throw us out. He backed down and we stayed. This young man needs retraining in customer service skills. I would like to know if this, indeed, is a policy for all Wyndham properties. I looked over my emailed reservation and was unable to find this policy on it, just the cancellation policy, of which I was aware.
We knew not to expect too much from the advertised breakfast. It consisted of 3 kinds of cereal, bread, stale muffins, do it yourself waffles, juice, instant oatmeal, oranges and apples. I would suggest adding yogurt, bananas, frozen breakfast sandwiches and hard boiled eggs. Charging an extra $5 per room would allow this.
The walls between the rooms were paper thin. I heard all conversations in the next room. Also, I'm used to needing a key or passcard to access the building from outer doors for security. These doors to the upstairs hallway were always unlocked, and often propped open. Finally, there is no elevator in this property. Dragging suitcases upstairs, in the rain, and no offer to help by the aforementioned manager, added to my poor impression of this hotel.
There were 2 positives. The bed was comfortable. When the shower curtain smelled of mildew, the housekeeper quickly changed it.
I will not stay at this hotel again, and if the payment policy is as I was informed, I will not stay at any other Wyndham property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms include high speed internet, hair dryer, television, Refrigerator, Iron & Ironing board, with a washer and dryer available on the premises, and a seasonal outdoor swimming pool for all of our guests to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo
- Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo Hotel Niagara Falls
- Days Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Days Inn