“Attentive staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Upon arrival with my 89 year old father at 9 PM in a thunderstorm, I was told by the manager that the entire amount of our stay (over $1600) would be charged to dad's credit card that night. When I protested and said I had never paid for a stay at the beginning of the stay, but at check out, the manager said it was a Wyndham policy and that all properties followed it. I again protested and said I would be letting other travelers know this via Tripadvisor. He said he was cancelling the reservation (which was 2 rooms for a week) because it was clear I would not be happy with anything during our stay. I told him I was protesting the policy, not the hotel, that it was raining hard, it was late, and he was threatening to throw us out. He backed down and we stayed. This young man needs retraining in customer service skills. I would like to know if this, indeed, is a policy for all Wyndham properties. I looked over my emailed reservation and was unable to find this policy on it, just the cancellation policy, of which I was aware.

We knew not to expect too much from the advertised breakfast. It consisted of 3 kinds of cereal, bread, stale muffins, do it yourself waffles, juice, instant oatmeal, oranges and apples. I would suggest adding yogurt, bananas, frozen breakfast sandwiches and hard boiled eggs. Charging an extra $5 per room would allow this.

The walls between the rooms were paper thin. I heard all conversations in the next room. Also, I'm used to needing a key or passcard to access the building from outer doors for security. These doors to the upstairs hallway were always unlocked, and often propped open. Finally, there is no elevator in this property. Dragging suitcases upstairs, in the rain, and no offer to help by the aforementioned manager, added to my poor impression of this hotel.

There were 2 positives. The bed was comfortable. When the shower curtain smelled of mildew, the housekeeper quickly changed it.

I will not stay at this hotel again, and if the payment policy is as I was informed, I will not stay at any other Wyndham property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Brandin S, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a reveiw. Im sorry to here you were not happy with your card being pre authorized for your stay. As we did try to explain to you why, After 30 minutes of myself and the front desk agent on duty talking with you and you still disputing our hotel policy for pre approveing (not chargeing your card at time of check inn). I ask if you wanted me to relese the hold on your payment method and you could go find a other hotel in the area were they would be willing to adhear to your demands, i even offered to help you call around. You at that time stated you did not want to do that and you said i fine ill just stay here. As for the room on the second floor you at no point requested a first floor room as others did and we had to honor those first and by the time you checked in all the first flooor rooms were booked up. We did offer to move you the second night for the rest of your stay and you refused and said no we are fine here now. Our hotel does not offer baggage handling and at no time did you ask for any help. I am deeply sorry that you did not have a great stay at our hotel and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me anytime at brandin@nfbdaysinn.com
Niagara Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here on a trip to Niagara Falls NY. Staff was EXCELLENT! Hotel needed some work. We stayed in the Jacuzzi suite, room 122. Jets in tub were not able to be moved (as they should ).Jet left my kidney crying from pain. The tub had cracked grout around the housing. The room had ZERO natural light. We felt like we were scolded to the corner. The television had 20 channels and some did not work and most were advertisement for the falls on local access, very disappointing. The bathroom toilet was clogged upon arrival. The grout in the bathroom was dirty. The outdoor pool could have been nice, but lots of bugs, we stayed in for 10 minutes, couldn't take anymore of the bugs. Our room was a bit dated, and my girlfriend smashed her arm on the 80's style headboard three times during our stay. Two people booked in the room, yet only coffee for one. The front desk staff was great, wish the room was half as good as the staff was. We will be visiting the Falls again, but not sure if we would visit here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo? Share your experiences!