“group rate promised and not given” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Canada
“group rate promised and not given”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were staying with a rather large group for a wedding this past weekend ..... the groom had made all the reservations. He was told we would get a rate for the fri and another rate for the sat. We checked in and were charged a different rate. We put it on the credit card and wanted to double check with the groom. Each couple checking in were charged different prices and none of us got the origional one that was promised. We were also told we could go to the lobby for an after party party and when we got there we were told to get out!
Rooms were nice, but they can not be trusted.
Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brandin S, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review. I’m sorry to hear that the groom gave you a different rate then what you received. I am the sales director and everything with all these reservation went through me. The rates were never change on our part in anyway and you did receive a great rate to stay in our hotel. Everyone’s rates were the same, none of them were different in anyway except the number of nights each guest stayed with us. As for the hotel offering the lobby for an after party that is part true. I spoke with the groom and told him that it was ok to use the lobby for a little get together till about 12am as long as the noise was kept down to a point where it would not disturb the other guest at our hotel. Never was it said that it was ok to have an after party inn for the whole night , especially for people that were not guest at our hotel. Going on, the people in this group did not even show up to the lobby till around 1:00am (1 hour after the time they were supposed to be out of the lobby by) and they were loud and had to be quieted down several times by our front desk staff on duty. On the last time they were ask to keep the noise down one of the people in the lobby became vulgar and started yelling at the front desk agent saying she will be as loud as she wants and that is why you were removed from the lobby at around 1:45am (1hr and 45min after they were supposed to be out of the lobby). Our hotel had to look out for the best interest of our all our guest that was staying with us on that night not just 24 people 12 rooms that you were with vs. The 119 guest and 42 rooms that were for the other guest in the hotel trying to sleep with kids. . If there is anything more that I can help you with please feel free to contact me anytime by e-mail at brandin@nfbdaysinn.com or call me at (716)743-8912 ext 306

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Frankfort, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Days Inn for our 32nd anniversary. I don't generally stay at Days Inns because of bad experiences in the past. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice small hotel away from the madness of downtown. It was close enough to get to the falls, the Erie Canal, & the Niagara Wine Trail within a short period of time. The bed was awesome...especially after the 8 hour drive it took to get there. The continental breakfast was just basic, but enough to get my day started. Only wish pool had still been open...but who would have known it was going to be 88 degrees in September. Thank goodness the Maid of the Mist got us good and wet that day. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and helpful. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed two nights here and the staff was very friendly and helpful!! The rooms are clean and up to date, The beds are very, very nice! I appreciate the new mattress! So comfortable! The locations on Niagara Falls Blvd is about 20 minutes from the Falls, but there is anything you could need on this road from eating to shopping! One last note, I liked that the windows opened!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandin S, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for giving us at the Days Inn and Suites the label of clean hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your two night stay as our guest. We can’t wait to see you again!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My second stay here was just great. The room was clean, modern, and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was up to date and also clean. I appreciated that each bed had 3 pillows as opposed to the standard two and the bed was very comfortable. There was a coffee maker, fridge, 40 inch lcd tv with hdmi, a safe, and free wifi in the room as well. The business center came in handy for printing a few things I needed. The grounds are well kept/well lit and I felt perfectly safe even though I was a female staying alone.
The free continental breakfast each morning, while very basic, was still appreciated. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.
The only thing that could have been a bit better was the water pressure in the shower, it was pretty weak and I like a good strong blast, but it really was not a huge deal.
I would definitely stay here again, I enjoyed my stay and it was well worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for coming to visit us at the Days Inn and Suites Niagara Falls / Buffalo hotel for the second time. We are very pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the many ever growing amenities that we offer to our guest. We cannot wait to host you again on your next visit to the area.

Been to Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls / Buffalo? Share your experiences!