“Love Seneca Niagara” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
cleveland
“Love Seneca Niagara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

we visit this hotel about 5-6 times a year. The staff is wonderful - and I agree with the last review - Cora in Security is wonderful. Last time, I saw her - she told me her shift was ending, and she would be back tomorrow - asked if I wanted her to pick anything up on the way back (?) I think she was kidding - but maybe not. She is professional - and full of personality.
The rooms are lovely - we love the shower the most. Beds are comfortable, and very clean. I find we win more on Friday night...Sat night, the machines get tight...forget Sunday.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

We returned today from a four day stay at Seneca and will be returning. The staff right from the start were friendly and helpful. If the front line people are not the right one for the job then it can make a visit to the best establishment a poor one. Not so at this Casino/Hotel! Perhaps the person who made the most favourable impression was Security Officer CORA who was stationed at the podium entrance to the hotel elevators. This could be a very mudane job but this Officer, right from her friendly smile down to the almost impeccable way she wears her uniform treats it as if it is the most important job in the entire complex. Her helpfullness, suggestions, directions and the way she treats guests is a valuable asset. Not only did she make us feel welcome but she carried it off in a friendly way while maintaining a strong professional manner. If there was a negative about the Hotel the shower handle fell off and it probably took all of five seconds on the telephone to have maintenance dispatched. We enjoyed our stay in the hotel, the food was great in the buffet, Three Sisters was easily accessed and the new Blues was a treat in itself. I guess the only other complaint.....I didn't win!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Williamsport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

This is a review especially for the buffet in the casino. We went to this buffet today. Cause the great Aladdin buffet in Vegas gave me great memories, the long line waiting outside this buffet, the 45 minutes waiting to get in, and $23 dollars per person($2 cheaper than Aladdin buffet for using their club card), all of these made me expect too much for this buffet.
Then after I checked out the whole buffet, and ate there, big disappointment. This buffet sucks for the price.If the full points are 10, I will give Vegas one 8.5, this one, I just gave 3. Why?
Here is why. The buffet area looks big, but the varieties of food are so poor. Cocktail shrimps were those 51-60 counts per pound small ones. Yeah, cold crab legs are so small. The Vegas one, we got King crab leg to eat. Well, maybe I should not compare it with the Vegas one, cause Vegas has the best buffets in the world. So I will say, if you have ever been to those chain buffets such as Old country buffet, this buffet except has good prime rib, other things are as same quality as those cheap family buffets. But a lot more expensive. Most of the food there are junk fried food, salad bar is really bad, a little bit stuff there.
The desserts here are horrible! Very poor representation, image loose apple pies on the plate.No fancy dessert at all, all those cheap pies and cakes. Look like those desserts in those 10 dollar buffets. And none of them tasted good. JUNK! The soft serve ice cream I didn't give a try, cause the ice cream was so icing and running looking, yuck!
This buffet is totally off my future visiting list. I'd rather eat subway instead.
Funny thing is my husband said it was not bad at first. Why? Cause he thought it was $10 per person(he saw the kids' price, and he thought it was the price). After he knew it was $23, he said it sucked the big time. Don't go there, not worth your money, and your time, just pay half price to eat at your local family buffets, probably tastes even better. Worst casino buffet I have been.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Has to be the best hotel to stay in @ Niagara Falls on the US side. Great price, even better room.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Rochester NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We go to this hotel quite a bit. This weekend was lovely! Had a gorgeous corner suite with terrific views of Canada and the Niagara River. Nice fuzzy bathrobes..asked for an extra blanket and it was really warm! The food was great at the buffet.We also had room service and it was good. We gambled in the evenings and I hit a Royal Flush on quarter Video Poker last night! All the personnel are polite and friendly and make it a very wonderful visit! Could not ask for more...we love the Seneca Niagara!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Hubby received an inviation to the New Years Eve gala, as a result we stayed at Seneca for three nights in a room with 2 queen beds. Room was comped. As always the rooms are clean, the washroom is large and spacious, with plenty of towels, etc. Saw the Spinners at the Bears Dean - great shown, then heated up to the Events Centre for the Gala, the venue was decorated beautiful, the band was not that great, as soon the clock struck midnight, every one took off - I think they all went downstairs to play the slots. Seneca treats everyone well, rooms are always comped, and never have to pay for food, ate at La Casca (the Italian Restaurant, great service ) food was about a 8 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I wanted to plan a quick romantic anniversary getaway for my husband, and being from Philadelphia, Niagara Falls was a perfect spot since we both had not been there and it was driveable in one day. Although not the best time of the year to see the Falls, we were excited to see the sites the city had to offer.

Because I planned the trip a week before we left, we got a great deal on the room. I chose the Corner King Suite and paid $290 for one night. We were on the 25th floor, and our room overlooked the hotel parking lot and Canada. The view was my favorite thing about the room. We both pulled up pillows by the windows and watched everything going on outside. Since we weren't there very long, we didn't watch the tv, but it was a very nice setup. The bathroom was huge and luxurious. The shower was awesome! At nighttime, it was very romantic to turn off the lights in the room, and just have the twinkle of the city lights light up the room with the jacuzzi light.

We ended up getting sidetracked on our trip up to Niagara by a really bad accident on the Thruway, so we got to the hotel much later and much hungrier than I thought, so we attacked the buffet in the hotel for an early dinner. It was awesome. There were so many choices and it all tasted so good! Around midnight, we were hungry again, so we ate at the Three Sisters Cafe. We shared Buffalo Chicken Strips and fries and it hit the spot.

We didn't gamble at all, it's not our thing, but we did walk through the casinos. They seemed very exciting and huge! The smokey atmosphere did kind of annoy us, but since we knew we weren't staying in there, it wasn't too big a deal. I didn't really smell smoke anywhere else in the hotel, including the lobby which was decorated for Christmas and lovely.

The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient. My husband dropped me off at the door and went to park the car in the free lot across the street. By the time he walked in, I was checked in and already waiting for him. We went down to check out the pool to maybe take a swim around 7, but there was an obnoxious group of kids in the pool. I was a little bummed about that.

We woke up early in the morning to the sunrise over the horizon. We ended up checking out early so we could get a quick glimpse of the Falls before the sleet and snow started, but I wished that we could have stayed another night!

I fully recommend this hotel for any couple in the area looking for a quick romantic getaway!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!