“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 53 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were very impressed with the hotel. We were on the 26th floor ans the view and the room were stunning! Elevator noise would be my only complaint! we were very close to the elevator!! The room is very clean and spacious. The buffet restaurant was very good and we were surprised at how many children were on the property! Loved everything!! Hoping to go back and would love to be upgraded to a corner suite!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Despite the large size of the hotel, our room on the 12th floor was very quiet. The room was spacious & clean. The bed was also comfortable. Wish I could have stayed for another night!

The buffet restaurant, however, was disappointing. I had last been there about 4 years ago and they have since remodeled. The new look gives the place a much more cafeteria-style, open floor plan making it noisy. The tables are awkwardly close to one another - I felt as though I could not have a conversation with my husband without our neighbors at the next table listening. The food taste was less than desirable and many items were over-cooked. I wish I had made reservations at the the Western Door instead, but we were there to see a show and didn't have enough time to do both.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stopped in Thursday 01/24 on our way to Toronto. The room was awesome as they up graded us to a corner suite at no charge. The room was big with a large t.v. and large shower.
Very comfortable and a great view of the city.

Everyone from the bellman to the front desk were very helpful and polite. The casino was busy and we won more than we lost as we tried our luck at the slots.

Overall, very satisfied with this hotel and casino

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Turk182
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We were impressed with the hotel - service was exceptional, room was clean and very nice. The bathroom was amazing! There are also lots of choices for food inside the hotel. We were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay there again. Will try the spa next time.

• Stayed January 2013
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I can probably go on all day about this place. I travel often for both work and pleasure. This is by far the worst casino I've ever been to. Hands down. The service is terrible. To me its a cultural thing. The city of Niagara Falls has been down and out for so long that people have just come to accept poor service. Ordinarily I wouldn't knock a local place that relies on tourism to keep its economy afloat, but the Seneca Hotel is my exception. I don't actually blame the staff. My blame falls solely on the management and owners of this hotel. I am self employed and operate a growing business. Never at any point would my company offer our customers the dismal level of service this place does. The staff consistently appears untrained and lacks basic knowledge of the service industry. To make a long story short the owners of this casino only care about taking your money and nothing else. Period! The city of Niagara Falls finally has for the first time in decades an attraction other than the falls itself, that has the potential be world class. Unfortunately it falls way way way short of this claim. I traveled almost every month last year and by far this place had the worst customer service I have encountered in as long as I can remember. Just to be clear my opinion doesn't come from one single event, the service is horrible throughout the facility. From the person who answers the phone who is about as miserable and a person can be, to the person who checks you in, to the dealers that seem irritated that you had the nerve to sit at their table and interrupt their day dream. I'm serious this place is that bad. I grew up not to far from this place and as much as I hate to bash it, I have to. Hopefully enough people come on here and do the same where something is eventually changed because the facility and location to the falls could make this a truly special place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank anthony m
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

After a couple trips to this hotel our opinion is that the rooms are very nice. Well appointed, comfortable bed, clean bathrooms all in all very nice!
I would like to see more light in the room , we find the lighting a little too dim, even in the bathroom...minor inconveinience at best.
The pool area is nice as are the jacuzzi in the area, our onlt comment and its more of a social one..surprised to see so many children at a Casino Hotel..but to each their own i guess.

All in all a good place to stay at a reasonable price. Might have given excellent but they have an annoying $15.00 occupancy fee they charge to the room at the end< I wish they would disclose these things on booking.

orchard park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I are not gamblers, but we went to a show at the Bear's Den, which, by the way is a wonderful place to see a concert - intimate, great view of the stage from anywhere, good acoustics. We had a corner king jacuzzi suite which had a fabulous view of the Niagara River from an entire wall of floor to ceiling window. Great comfortable bed. Had a great dinner at the Western Door. The only problem, spoken from a non-smoker's point of view, is the overbearing smell of cigarette smoke. Not in the individual rooms, or even the Western Door, nor the Bear's Den, but throughout the lobby and the casino itself. Now, I realize that there are smokers out there, but we are not, so the odor was extremely irritating. And, considering that this is New York State, where smoking is banned in most buildings, and restaurants, we are simply not used to the smell of smoke. Oh, and by the way, it seems kind of crazy that the Seneca nation operates by its own rules, well, maybe not, since they are a sovereign nation and can get away with making their own rules! Just sayin'.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Niagara Falls
Comfort Inn The Pointe
Comfort Inn The Pointe
#6 of 53 in Niagara Falls
4.0 of 5 stars 713 reviews

Been to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!