“The Worst STAFF and Management Ever !!” 1 of 5 stars

Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Fourth Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303   |
Ranked #5 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Syracuse, New York
“The Worst STAFF and Management Ever !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed across America, and found that Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel is very number one in unfriendly people that work at this hotel. The Front Desk Staff totally rude and un-caring to help people. Especially the night shift .. I didn't even have the energy to enjoy a couple of days at this Hotel.. The Buffet Food is un-desireable, not prepared properly, the management told us that we are having problems, with keeping the food hot !! ( I thought that was the best answer anyone could give. LOL) The Room I had was un-desireable. NOT A GREAT HOTEL !!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE !!!

Room Tip: Go Across the Street to another change hotel.. better service and better people to help you out.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

617 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I just returned today from a quick 2 night getaway to the hotel/casino. The purpose of the trip was to pick up an assortment of xmas gifts at a great deal when compared to Canada. When I e-mailed and booked the resort approx. 6 weeks ago, I had requested a room as high as possible and if possible, facing the falls. Well we arrived early at around 2 pm with the normal check in at 4pm and although a room was available, the customer service rep suggested that we hold off for about an hour until our requested room style was ready. Well, we went back to the front desk just after 3, checked in and were provided a room on the 25th floor facing the border and falls .Due to the location of the hotel,there are no real falls view rooms, but great river and mist views, so this was the next best thing. We entered on room and were to say the least, very pleased. As a person who is very anil about cleanliness and space, this room was superb. The king bed was super comfy, carpets clean and bathroom also spacious. A big shower stall, with marble floors and walls. The fridge was big enough for a few beers, cheeses, meats, yogurts etc. Perfect for a light snack. The free room safe was also perfect. The rooms were very quiet and hallways clean. Relating to the hotel complex , the only issue I had was that some very rude person came into the pool area with 15-18 young kids (between 8-13 years) on Sunday evening, spoke to them and left. No adult supervision. The kids jumped into the hot tub (no kids allowed in tubs), yelled and screamed. No I not anti kids, We have 4. But please supervise and teach them respect for others. I called security and they attended immediately as I left the pool area. Will we return, yup. Great hotel, safe, and good parking. (I liked the garage, outside top floor)

Room Tip: request as high as possible facing the us/canada border
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
East Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Seneca Hotel and Casino, Niagara Falls NY on Saturday Nov 17, 2012. We have been fortunate to finagle an "overnight getaway" once per quarter for the past couple years (we have 2 young children 17 months apart), thus we have stayed in many places, Hilton Fallsview, Hilton Garden Inn etc etc and...the Seneca Hotel absolutely blows ALL the competition away without question. The rooms are elegant, comfortable and completely clean beyond even my expectation (I'm a type A personality with OCD regarding cleanliness). I doubt anyone could find even a dust bunny anywhere on the entire premises. The staff are courteous beyond belief, professional. The rooms are deluxe accommodations by anyone's standards, literally it's THE BEST that Western NY has to offer. If you're looking to relax in an environment that oozes comfort and pampering....head here, look no where else. I will not even consider going anywhere else from now on, we've found our home away from home for our quarterly getaways. Kudos to Seneca Hotel and Casino, you're worth your weight in gold.

Room Tip: Look no further.....GO HERE
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lockport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went to the casino in October for a wedding and decided to stay the night. Great room, huge shower. Very clean and comfy. Not 1 complaint. Just an elevator ride away from a little fun at the slots or tables and lots of dining choices.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a hot tub room and enjoy a nice view of the falls.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Spent the night in a corner King suite facing Canada. We could see the mist from the Falls, but this is not a fallsview hotel, so no actual view of the Falls. The room was very nice with a Jacuzzi tub and very spacious. We did not go to the casino, so no comment on the cigarette smoke. We drove to a restaurant rather than eating at casino as the casino restaurants are pricey. The room was very clean- had a small microwave and mini fridge. Nice walk in shower and pull out sofa. Spent the day walking around Niagara Falls- perfect day for it! Nice, relaxing night!

• Stayed November 2012
West Seneca, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Do not bring anything they have it all all you have to bring money but you might win like I did and also my wife paid for vac. Close to Niagara falls shopping centers asking boating hiking Canada you can do just about anything there even get great shows

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Seneca Casino

Stayed two nights Mon Nov 12-Weds Nov 14 with my friend K. After a nightmare drive from Toronto in the rain (five hours instead of the hour and a half it usually takes), we crossed the border and headed straight to Supermarket Liquors before checking into the hotel. Keep driving straight, past the casino, and you will come to PORTAGE so turn left and you will hit the intersection of PINE which has a Walgreens. Turn right onto PINE and follow the road until Niagara Blvd, then keep driving as if you are going to Fashion Outlets. Supermarket Liquors is on the left side of the major intersection which takes you to the outlet and is next to an Ollie’s, and there is also an Arby’s neon sign nearby. We bought Yellowtail Pinot for 3.99 a bottle, on sale from 6.99 a bottle, when it’s usually $10-12 at home. I bought a litre of St. Brendan’s Irish Cream for 13.99. Dinner at Chili’s nearby where we had the dinner for 2 fajitas for 12.79 and a glass of white wine was two for one as well. Love those deals!

Home to the hotel to check in – easy and we were given a great room on the 12th floor, around the corner from the elevators, which overlooked the town but you could see the river to the side. We haven’t had a Falls view room yet. Beautiful rooms, comfy queen beds, and the rooms are far from the hallway with a large foyer, so you do not hear any hallway noises. Coffee maker in rooms – unlike Vegas! (Coffee makers ought to be mandatory!) The toiletries are Gilchrist and Soames Spa Therapy. Separate water closet but no door for full privacy. Flatscreen TV, and a very comfy club chair; because we were also working, my pal K used the desk with free WiFi, and I used the vanity area as a well-lit desk.

Staff were very helpful and friendly and it was easy to ask for an extended check-out on Wednesday as we needed the extra two hours. The room service girl was so friendly and helpful.

We ordered room service for breakfast one day and paid on comp points. If you are a gambler you really ought to have a players card as we stayed here on points and ate on points. The bill at check out was literally $8.64 which was for a tip. I recommend the French Toast with mascarpone/ricotta and fresh berries. One night we ate at Three Sisters and I had a delicious Reuben sandwich. Our last day we ate at the Italian restaurant, la Cascata, and we had the special of three courses for $25 per person. I had bruschetta, lasagna and cannoli - very elegant restaurant and felt like we were in another world. Their Italian bread is yummy but I was surprised they did not serve olive oil for dipping instead of butter.

Parking is free and there is a hotel parking area which leads to the elevators and the hotel side of the complex – it was fantastic to gamble all night and then stagger to bed, without having to leave the building. Lots of great games and we had some luck but “reinvested” the money.

If you are in the US for 48 hours, as a Cdn you are able to bring back liquor at this point, as well as being allowed a total of $800 in purchases. Next to the Boulevard Mall I discovered Premium Liquors which is a superstore of alcohol, an unbelievable selection of wines and of course the spirits section was pretty well loaded too. Nice options of sizes – I bought 200 ml and 375 mls of things I wanted to try, and there is even a wall of 50, 200 and 375 to shop from. Beside the Spirits is Premium Gourmet which has an amazing selection of high end Kitchen Aid tools and the like, as well as oils, vinegars, etc.

There is also one more liquor store we liked – Wine World, across from Kohl’s and Wegman’s on the right side of the road as you drive to Boulevard Mall. It is a new location with a lot of stock. All of these stores have great selection and each had separate deals that made visiting each store worthwhile.

The hotel is conveniently located near the Falls and it is easy to get to Fashion Outlets, Boulevard Mall and Galleria (although you need to take the highway to get there). The only complaint we had, and it is really not much of an issue, is that at night we would hear a weird wooshing noise; we thought it was possibly the airport but it was actually the elevators, so if you are very sensitive to sound, ask to be further from the elevators. I think our room backed onto the elevator column so that explains the noise.

We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Ask to be further from elevators if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!