“dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Rochester, New York
“dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

its the small things that can make a restaurant nice like one being clean and having a friendly waiter our silver were was dirty asked for a new one she gave us a new dirty one with a bad attitude wen she delivered our food she slammed everything downon the table our toast was so hard it wasn't even burnt it was just solid hard

Visited January 2014

Toronto, Canada
“What's Not To Like?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

For a fast-food chain restaurant, this is surprisingly good. Food was fresh, perfectly prepared, plentiful and served hot by friendly waitstaff.

It's a really extensive menu - you wonder how a restaurant can offer so many options and still do them well, but Bob Evans really delivers.

Their breakfast sausage was excellent as was that disgusting dish "Biscuits and Gravy" (I've never understood the appeal of this American staple, but if you must have it - Bob Evans is the place since the gravy tasted of sausage instead of the usual wallpaper paste).

Under $30.00 for 2 full breakfasts, beverages and 20% tip

Well worth the money.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mississauga, Canada
“Surprisingly excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We actually wound up going to Bob Evans due to a bad experience at a restaurant located directly across the street called Honeys. (Review to follow for Honeys)

My wife has food allergies. Prior to committing to dining there, we had to find out if she was going to be safe. They even went as far as bringing over the package with the ingredients to our table for us to review. We had visits to our table from the manager, head cook and head waiter. They went out of their way to insure that everything was okay.

The food was filling and satisfying. Considering how busy the restaurant was, the service was great. We wound up going there a second time for lunch during our mini vacation. Well done Bob Evans!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Not the best Bob Evans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Don't get me wrong. It is still a lot better than most other restaurants but we did have a couple of problems.
I ordered a 3 course steak dinner and it took forever to come. We were not in any particular hurry so it was no big deal this time. The real problem was that my potato arrived stone cold and my wife had to walk it back to the waitress who was waiting at the cooks window for more orders. They were sorry and said they were short a cook today. They brought my meal back and the potato was still only luke warm. I just ate it at that point but it was a little disappointing because I really like the Bob Evans chain .

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sanborn, NY
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Normally I don't review chain restaurants. A few weeks ago my wife who loves ham wondered why most restaurants do not serve ham. When I saw on Bob Evans website they now have hickory smoked ham with pineapple and baked sweet potato, my wife was thrilled. Three of her favorite foods all together. We went last night and she had that - loved it. I was in the mood for Italian and ordered spaghetti. I never had it at Bob Evans and wondered how it would be at a non-Italian restaurant. It was great, better than I have had at some Italian restaurants, the garlic toast was delicious also. With an Election Day coupon for a free dinner, the bill was $17.25, including coffee and dessert. And we have left overs for tonight. We go to Bob Evans often and will be back again.

Visited November 2013