“Get there early!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 25 Activities in Niagara Falls
Hamburg, New York
“Get there early!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I and two of my friends went to the 2011 show -- on 9/11 -- wonderful moving tribute to the heroes.

Weather plays a huge role and the weather was perfect! Between the two of us who carried cameras, we shot over 1400 images!

Spectacular time and plan to go again.

Cheektowaga, New York
“Lack of communication”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had VIP Tickets for Sunday and wondered around for 45 min till I found out where I was to report to for the wrist band. I talked to 7 different people starting at the point of the security check (All were very polite and nice) but no one could tell me where to go. I was offered suggestions that ranged from inside the hanger, command post display, zip line for the kids to a plane on the other side where the fire department ladder trucks were set up. We only found it by accident walking back. They took our money, and then dropped the ball from there. Will never purchase the tickets again.

Rochester, New York
3 attraction reviews
“GREAT SHOW; HORRIBLE PARKING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I can't say enough good about the air show and the on-base support personnel for the show. The problem is getting to the show and parking. We were coming from Rochester, and all was well till we were within a few miles of the base. A sign said, "Air show take Rt. 429 to Lockport Rd." So we did, and traffic almost immediately came to a halt. We were then re-routed two more times after that. We ended up parking in the SPCA field for $5 and walking nearly 1 mi more to the base. And then you have to wait in line for the security check. From that turn on to 429 to actually getitng on to the base was nearly an hour and a half.
Police personnel did nothing to help the traffic or the parking situation; there were no police personnel directing traffic. In short, traffic and parking were very poorly handled by organizers.
Give yourself more time than you think you'll need to get there, be prepared to walk, and bring extra money because the concessions are expensive.

New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Missed the entire airshow while waiting in horribly managed traffic!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

As an airshow enthusiast from the UK I had high hopes for this, but unfortunately due to unbelievably poor traffic control the only parts of the show I got to see were out of my car window as I waited in for OVER 3 HOURS in traffic to get into the show. Bear in mind this is coming from less than 10 miles away. I would hate to think how long people had been driving if they were coming from further away. Loads of people were just giving up after about 1.5-2hrs and pulling U -turns in the road - which on reflection i wish I had done as well.

I've been to dozens of much larger airshows int the UK such as the Duxford Flying Legends shoes, the Shuttleworth displays and they all had much smoother, faster traffic/parking control.

If you're determined to go I'd set out as early as possible, but this encounter tainted it for me. Won't be back.