“fine hotel, close to the falls” 4 of 5 stars

Aashram Hotel by Niagara River
6508 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
“fine hotel, close to the falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and based on the reviews we picked it. Good, decent hotel, spacious rooms (we had the family room with 3 beds). During breakfast it is very crowded, but if you plan it well, you can sit and if not, you can eat outside or in your room. Whirlpool is not my cup of tea, certainly not when you sit in it near the main entrance. Within 10 min drive from the Falls and restaurants are a 15 min drive. Overall I would definitly choose it again.

Room Tip: Take the familiy room, 3 beds, much space.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our stay with the hotel was good.We checked in really late and tired and was happy to see a clean, newly renovated room with clean beds. The hotel is located very close to the Niagara Falls State Park which is convenient. They provide a free breakfast daily which is fairly alright. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. Overall, this is a good hotel worth the price we paid and we would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here for labor day weekend. This place was overpriced. This place was run by a family of Indians who have no clue how much work a hotel requires. We arrived to find the rooms looking decent,until I removed the blanket to find dirty sheets with hair on it underneath. They had clearly not washed or changed the sheets. Fortunately, I had brought sheets with me. The next day when the cleaning crew (who were relatives of the owners ) came, we were eating breakfast and told them we would be leaving in 10 minutes and they could come back to clean. The lady very rudely replied"We are leaving too and not coming back!" I was too shocked to reply. I have stayed in hotels around the country from Chains like Marriot, Holiday Inn etc,,to Resorts for work/ conferences , and I have never encountered this kind of dirty hotel or unacceptable rude behavior.
To make matters worse, they always ran out of food at the breakfast bar and food was in unhygienic conditions, not covered, no spoons or pinchers to grab stuff . This place was in one word- BAD. I will never stay here again, unless I want to sleep in someone else's body fluids, hair and be rudely spoken too.
Oh and I am Indian too so I was appalled and shamed at their total lack of Professionalism.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money staying in this filthy cesspool.
cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pros: Clean room
Cons: NO LIFT , Fishy smell on the staircase, no late check ins , expensive , very few power outlets, very little seating in breakfast area.

Booking.com says this is a 3 star hotel. But the standards did not meet even a 1 star. First shock there was no lift. Had to carry our luggage through stairs. Stairs had some sort of smell which I was not able to get over with. The rooms were clean. But the bathroom was somewhat small. Most of the time I hit my hand here or there. The breakfast area seemed to be always overcrowded and there were people who did not get breakfast because it was "almost time" to close. I saw many dissatisfied people. There were total of 3 power outlets in the room, where you can plug your tv, coffee maker , iron or lamp. So at a time you cannot use more than 3 things. Looked like it was a cheap hotel where they were trying to save money in a way inconvenient for customer. I payed a high amount to stay here , and would have expected a better service. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a completely renovated older-type motel / hotel. It is all updated and has a modern feel.
I booked the jacuzzi tub room for 2 nights as it was the last room available. The room was very large with a king sized bed and a jacuzzi tub in the corner of the bedroom. There are 2 bathroom areas. 1 has the toilet and sink, the 2nd has the bathtub with shower. The shower curtain was grimy and smelled. The window unit a/c did not completely cool the room.
The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room was not cleaned after the 1st night and even at 9:30, the maid came and serviced the room.
A huge negative would be the screaming kids running up and down the hallway. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel but the walls are thin so one hears it all.
The continental breakfast is served each morning in the lobby but it is sparse.
The roadway out front is a construction zone and the area of town is old but this location is convenient to highways and shopping areas.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tub room is a nice one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Since all other hotels near the falls were full, I booked a room for three nights (after going through the reviews) for the 4th of July weekend.

The positives:
1) The location is good (its a 5-7 mins drive to the park. Walking to the park from here is not an optiion.)
2) The room was clean
3) The customer service was good (atleast we did not face any issues). We misplaced our keys and on informing the helpdesk, we were immediately issued a new one.
4) Free internet

The negatives:
1) The locality is a little rundown.
2) The parking lot on the other side was half gravel, half cemented with no proper entrance
3) The hotel hallway itself was a little smelly
4) Interior lightings was not sufficient. Ex- The mirror had no light and it used to get difficult to view yourself in the mirror
5) The AC is pretty old.

The BIG negative:
1) The acoustics is terrible. I could hear voices from other rooms and the hallway very clearly. It completely put me off. For the price, one would expect better privacy.

Overall not good value for money. Just an average place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I paid $80 + tax for a double on booking.com and the room and facilities were clean and the location was perfect. Beds were very comfy. Having said that, I did not have any shampoo in my room the night of arrival and the front desk was not able to provide any when i went down to ask for some. The next day the room was cleaned while we were out and everything was stocked. Breakfast was about what you would expect - nothing special. For the price of such a great location, cant complain

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aashram Hotel by Niagara River? Share your experiences!