“Average but Pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Santa Clara, California
“Average but Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Since all other hotels near the falls were full, I booked a room for three nights (after going through the reviews) for the 4th of July weekend.

The positives:
1) The location is good (its a 5-7 mins drive to the park. Walking to the park from here is not an optiion.)
2) The room was clean
3) The customer service was good (atleast we did not face any issues). We misplaced our keys and on informing the helpdesk, we were immediately issued a new one.
4) Free internet

The negatives:
1) The locality is a little rundown.
2) The parking lot on the other side was half gravel, half cemented with no proper entrance
3) The hotel hallway itself was a little smelly
4) Interior lightings was not sufficient. Ex- The mirror had no light and it used to get difficult to view yourself in the mirror
5) The AC is pretty old.

The BIG negative:
1) The acoustics is terrible. I could hear voices from other rooms and the hallway very clearly. It completely put me off. For the price, one would expect better privacy.

Overall not good value for money. Just an average place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I paid $80 + tax for a double on booking.com and the room and facilities were clean and the location was perfect. Beds were very comfy. Having said that, I did not have any shampoo in my room the night of arrival and the front desk was not able to provide any when i went down to ask for some. The next day the room was cleaned while we were out and everything was stocked. Breakfast was about what you would expect - nothing special. For the price of such a great location, cant complain

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pewaukee, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I currently staying at a ashram hotel for July 4th. I am paying $259 per night for family room This room is very small than compared to what I saw in the picture. Further some of the doors are broken
I will not prefer this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night before going to visit the falls. Can tell it has been newly renovated. Great beds and very clean. Breakfast was great the next morning as well. Short 15 minute drive to the falls from it.

Would reccommend to anyone looking to visit the falls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Aashram hotel stay was a really nice experience for us.Though its 4 miles from the falls,we can have a nice stay at very cheap price.Though it wont look hifi in appearance the rooms were very clean,big enough,had a coffe maker,fridge,LCD TV,dryer alarm with cd player and ipod point.The house keepers were also pleasent.The breakfast included usual stuffs and dannon flavoured yogurt and also you can make hot waffles.It aslo has laundry and fitness room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I do not not usually write reviews, but upon check-out I was told I have to, so here we are.
If you would like a nice room but expect zero customer service, this is the place for you. I had to wait 15 minutes at reception to check-in whilst the woman took phone call after phone call during the process. When she asked for a credit card I passed over the card I always give for incidentals but I pay the room with my travel card (I am from NZ and have a card loaded with $US). When I noticed they charge for your room immediately I asked for her to charge my Travel card. She told me "it's too late", so I pointed out to her that she hadn't processed it on the machine yet. She replied "I've already put it in the computer" so I pointed out they were both still Mastercards. Turned out she just had to re-enter the credit card number to accommodate me, despite her best efforts not too. After 6 hours of driving and surviving the debacle of checking in, half-way to our room, she runs past us, meets us at the door of a filthy unserviced room and informs us our room is not ready. Check-in is 4pm, it was 5:45pm. Could we have another room? NO. So after a further 40 minutes we get bustled into our room where the cleaner is still packing up the vacuum and continued to work around us and our bags, spraying the carpet with some strong smelling de-odouriser. Awkward. At the end of our stay, the man that checked us out INSISTED I write a review here, he told me three times to do it. Even after I told him I don't really write reviews I was told to "do it anyway". Rude!
I give 3 stars as it is a nice room, comfortable bed and spacious. But do not come here if your a tired traveller like myself and expect to be looked after.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here on 30th April was an excellent stay, we went to see the falls and only a short distance away ( 2/3 miles) The hotel was of an excellent standard, good sized room, very well decorated and nice bathroom, reasonable breakfast for USA. The staff very helpful, my son needed copies of some paperwork which they gave and also envelopes to post with no extra charge. Would definitely stay again and longer it was a shame it was only for one night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aashram Hotel by Niagara River? Share your experiences!