“Clean, quality, stylish repurposing of former nursing home lot” 4 of 5 stars

Aashram Hotel by Niagara River
6508 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Pittsburgh
“Clean, quality, stylish repurposing of former nursing home lot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

When searching for a place to stay for a quick trip into Niagara, I didn't know if I was going to stay at a nursing home or a motel; both were listed on Google at the same address. A call up assured me that it used to be a nursing home, but was no longer. The big draw for us is that they had rooms with 2 queen beds AND a twin--no need to settle for a fold out sofa or cot. That was perfect for traveling with three children. Overall the place was stylish, and I would recommend it. The beds were plush, coffee in the room, flat screen, WiFi, small fridge. But a few things were distraction because the place is stylish. E.g., the sink was a nice deck mounted bowl, but the base was generic, almost shoproom made. The tub had dispenser for soap and shampoo, but the soap was empty. The shower head had a nice selections of settings, but set too high for my wife to reach. Breakfast--always a plus--was mostly carbs: no fruit (not even in the form of jellies), no yogurt, no eggs or meat (the latter two are always a rarity for motel/hotel breakfasts. It did have a waffle maker. And coffee, tea and juice is available all day. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful.
I would stay here again and would recommend it to most people I know.
By the way, it was super affordable. Worth the visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised by this place. It was super immaculate and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The area of down looked a little run down so I wasn't sure what to expect but it was awesome! Also breakfast in the morning was a bonus!

Room Tip: Two words, Jacuzzi suite!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The lady is wonderful! :-)
The ice machine should be in the breakfast area as it is loud!!
Are there always children on the second floor?(I noticed someone else mentionned that!)
This hotel is clean and warm, safe and friendly (yet not overly!); it is convenient to almost
everywhere we wanted to go, and yet not on that sad, and somewhat seedy, "motel row".
To put it another way, I would go again next weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Almost hesitant to give this review for fear of not getting a room next time we need to book one!
If you're looking for a clean, comfy, updated place to stay without all the frills, this is a great choice.
And continental breakfast is included!
If you're looking for a resort with a pool, full fitness centre, restaurant and amenities, this isn't the place for you.
Great value for a weekend shopping getaway stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room further back from Buffalo Ave - like 101, 102, 103 - to avoid some of the road noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here twice in the span of 1 month when I was doing some cross-border shopping before the holidays. The hotel is not in the best area, but we did not feel unsafe at anytime. The hotel is right off the highway, so very close to the Niagara Outlets and Transit Road. The facilities are clean and the rooms are well taken care of. The rooms were surprisingly modern and tastefully decorated despite the outside of the building being average. We didn't have the complimentary breakfast, but they had a waffle machine, fresh fruit, cereal, an assortment of bagels/pastries and bottomless coffee/tea/juice. Considering we did not spend alot of time in the hotel itself, my party and I felt the hotel was a great economical option less then $55/night. Free wi-fi too which is always a bonus! We will be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I planned a weekend trip to see the NY side of the Niagara falls. I booked this hotel seeing that it had great reviews and I usually don't judge places from the outside without experiencing what it has to offer first. And with it having pretty decent reviews and reasonably priced rooms, i decided why not? Two days prior I had called the hotel to make sure check in would be smooth for when we arrived, I talked to a man who was VERY rude right off the bat,I kept my composure throughout the whole conversation and brushed it off and still had all intentions to arriving at this hotel. When we got there it was about noon and we planned on seeing the falls first and looking around a bit to waste time,but first we wanted to drive past the hotel. It was easy to find because it was on a busy road right next to the highway (which was actually a turn off for us) from the outside its hideous and that was nearly enough to scare us away ( adding to the rude reception experience I had days prior) We decided to check out the falls,IT IS NOT A 5 MINUTE DRIVE. More like 15. After that we decided we would book a night at the Seneca Casino and Hotel instead, the price was a bit more than the Aashram hotel however MUCH worth it!!! I do not recommend this place what so ever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The guy at the front desk was full of arrogance and rude. Although the room we stayed at was cleaned, the smell of paint was all over the place. We could hear all the noise from the neighboring rooms and the hallway. Someone I guess was using the dryer or the washing machine and yet we could hear the sound of the machine inside of the room. The area where they serve the breakfast was so small and couldn't accommodate everyone that came for the breakfast. We'll never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aashram Hotel by Niagara River? Share your experiences!