“Best kept secret!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Best kept secret!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Almost hesitant to give this review for fear of not getting a room next time we need to book one!
If you're looking for a clean, comfy, updated place to stay without all the frills, this is a great choice.
And continental breakfast is included!
If you're looking for a resort with a pool, full fitness centre, restaurant and amenities, this isn't the place for you.
Great value for a weekend shopping getaway stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room further back from Buffalo Ave - like 101, 102, 103 - to avoid some of the road noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here twice in the span of 1 month when I was doing some cross-border shopping before the holidays. The hotel is not in the best area, but we did not feel unsafe at anytime. The hotel is right off the highway, so very close to the Niagara Outlets and Transit Road. The facilities are clean and the rooms are well taken care of. The rooms were surprisingly modern and tastefully decorated despite the outside of the building being average. We didn't have the complimentary breakfast, but they had a waffle machine, fresh fruit, cereal, an assortment of bagels/pastries and bottomless coffee/tea/juice. Considering we did not spend alot of time in the hotel itself, my party and I felt the hotel was a great economical option less then $55/night. Free wi-fi too which is always a bonus! We will be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I planned a weekend trip to see the NY side of the Niagara falls. I booked this hotel seeing that it had great reviews and I usually don't judge places from the outside without experiencing what it has to offer first. And with it having pretty decent reviews and reasonably priced rooms, i decided why not? Two days prior I had called the hotel to make sure check in would be smooth for when we arrived, I talked to a man who was VERY rude right off the bat,I kept my composure throughout the whole conversation and brushed it off and still had all intentions to arriving at this hotel. When we got there it was about noon and we planned on seeing the falls first and looking around a bit to waste time,but first we wanted to drive past the hotel. It was easy to find because it was on a busy road right next to the highway (which was actually a turn off for us) from the outside its hideous and that was nearly enough to scare us away ( adding to the rude reception experience I had days prior) We decided to check out the falls,IT IS NOT A 5 MINUTE DRIVE. More like 15. After that we decided we would book a night at the Seneca Casino and Hotel instead, the price was a bit more than the Aashram hotel however MUCH worth it!!! I do not recommend this place what so ever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The guy at the front desk was full of arrogance and rude. Although the room we stayed at was cleaned, the smell of paint was all over the place. We could hear all the noise from the neighboring rooms and the hallway. Someone I guess was using the dryer or the washing machine and yet we could hear the sound of the machine inside of the room. The area where they serve the breakfast was so small and couldn't accommodate everyone that came for the breakfast. We'll never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We needed a room for our last minute trip. We had been looking online all week and I kept coming back to this hotel. I glad I did. It turned out to be a very good decision. The room was very clean and comfortable. We will definitely be booking our next visit to Niagara Falls at the Aashramhotel.

Kcarter

• Stayed October 2012
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed for one night, family of 4 w/ older children. Had a really nice and easy stay. Modern construction and clean throughout, beds are nice. TV, fridge, nice A/C, and other facilities. The Breakfast was amazing! Don't listen to those who say it's basic - maybe that was then, but the one for us was really good and filling. Waffles were made properly everytime and lots of variety, good for the morning, was more than I expected.

I highly recommend it. The only downside would be the location, but can't expect much in the $99 price range, you cannot walk to places but the falls are only a few minutes by car. Once again, great stay, I would give it a 9.5/10.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This motel is a breath of fresh air compared to the other motels/hotels in Niagara Falls. The town is a severly depressed area and it shows in everything to include the lodging thats offered. Unbelievably bad. I stayed at the Caravan for one night, paid for three but just simply packed up and left when I watched the management take mattresses outside and put them on the ground to either air or dry. Luck was with us as we were able to get into the Aashram. Perfect. The place is so well designed and everything so up-scale that you expect the nice young man at the counter to charge you three times what it actually costs. Stay here if you can. It is practically perfect and the price is beyond reasonable for what you get. The ice machine is even new.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful but it is a busy motel, so book early
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aashram Hotel by Niagara River? Share your experiences!