“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! INFESTED WITH BED BUGS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Pelican Motel
6817 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Route 62, Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!! INFESTED WITH BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

This was the worst experience I have ever had with any motels. We saw all the positive reviews and decided to book the place and got a really good price. Little did we know the place is infested with BED BUGS!!! The first(and last) night that we stayed there, the whole family woke up to blood stains all over the beds from the BED BUGS!!! You could also see some of them still crawling around all over the beds!!!! Staying here was a nightmare for me and my family and will never happen again!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I'm not a picky person. I understand and can deal with staying at a bare-bones room. I wasn't expecting a palace but I was expecting a lot more than what we experienced at this place! I booked this place based on the three most recent reviews which were quite positive and current. Now I have to wonder if these reviews are genuine.

The negative reviews were from last year and older while the positive ones were just within the last few months and so I thought that perhaps the motel had done some renos. I'm not sure where the pictures on the website came on but our room certainly didn't look like those pictures! The room was located at the very back building basically in this small alleyway... complete with an abandoned shopping cart. When we opened the door, all you could smell was smoke. The lighting was poor. There was a fridge and a microwave basically parked in the middle of the room. The lamps between the two beds didn't work and ended up falling off the wall. This was considered the "family suite" and the 2nd bedroom consisted of a closet-sized room with a BARE mattress ON THE FLOOR. The bathroom was disgusting. There was mold on the blinds, mold on the ceiling and down the walls, mold in the corners on the floor, mold in the shower, mold on the shower curtain. There wasn't enough hot water for everyone to shower. The fridge worked one night but not the second night and the microwave had to stay unplugged because if you plugged it in, it would stay on! The heat didn't work. The only decent thing about the place was that the manager was helpful. He told us how to get to the mall and brought extra towels (thin towels though) and when we told him there was no heat, he told us that there would be a space heater put in the room by the time we got back from dinner... and there was. The room was not cleaned except that the garbage was emptied. And now, my friend has asked me if I have bed bug bites!!

Don't stay here. Stay further from the outlet mall as the reviews for hotels/motels near the mall are not that great and so it makes me wonder if all the places near the mall are dumps. Next time, we will stay in Amherst where there is good shopping and decent hotels and it's not that far of a drive to the outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We had a great vacation trip to Niagra falls and the hotel we stayed is Pelican. It was fabulous and we enjoyed a lot in the Hotel . And also the hotel cost is reasonable. It is very close to the beautiful Niagra falls. .Also a very good service. It is very comfort and also very relaxable. It is also a very peaceful place......................in one word we can say its very good and awesome.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

It's a great hotel to stay with. The service,discipline, location, service are appreciateable.

I enjoyed a lot with our friends and it's a good place to stay. The cleanliness and service

are amazing to talk about.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

The room was nice. The manager was very friendly and helpful. Not very far from the falls.

Stayed August 2009
Brampton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I basically ignored the negative reviews and hoped for the best and was quite satisfied with my stay. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel in the lap of luxury this is not the place for you. It is however, an affordable motel with a comfortable bed, AC, clean bathroom, working tv and is located about 3 miles from the Falls and in close access to restaurants and shopping. My room also had a refrigerator and microwave which were quite useful. The service was extremely good since the manager seems to be an all around great guy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

First off, I don't know what part has been renovated but it definitely wasn't noticable. When we got there to check in, you had to buzz to even have the lobby door opened ( at 3:00 in the afternoon), the key that was given us did not work in the door, when we finally got in there was a strong odor of goo gone or something similar, no fridge, no microwave, no iron, cover off the thermostat, stains on the wall, bathroom was disgusting, decided to shower right away and tub overflowed while showering, cigarette butt in radiator vent which was broken. No towels, had to go get management three times in first half hour. Finally moved to new room where it reeked of cigarette smoke, holes in bedspread, stains on pillowcases and sheets. We had to ask six times for extra pillows and did not receive till 2nd night. There were other problems but I think you get the point. Definately will not stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pelican Motel? Share your experiences!