“bare bare bones.........” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Pelican Motel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Pelican Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6817 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Route 62, Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Niagara Falls
sturgis, michigan
“bare bare bones.........”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I knew this was a cut-rate place but really ??? The arms of the chair are lose and broken. The door had a crack about 2 inches wide (you could see day-light). Traffic noise is awful (location problem), finish on inside of the tub was peeling, interior door to where ? had large holes in it. carpet dirty. Clean sheetes but no mattress pads on beds for added comfort. I had to call to get checked in and I had a 10 minute wait. No one on property for assistance if emergency arises. I understand "budget" motels but this is the low of the low....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Chicopee, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

This was the worst experience I have ever had with any motels. We saw all the positive reviews and decided to book the place and got a really good price. Little did we know the place is infested with BED BUGS!!! The first(and last) night that we stayed there, the whole family woke up to blood stains all over the beds from the BED BUGS!!! You could also see some of them still crawling around all over the beds!!!! Staying here was a nightmare for me and my family and will never happen again!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I'm not a picky person. I understand and can deal with staying at a bare-bones room. I wasn't expecting a palace but I was expecting a lot more than what we experienced at this place! I booked this place based on the three most recent reviews which were quite positive and current. Now I have to wonder if these reviews are genuine.

The negative reviews were from last year and older while the positive ones were just within the last few months and so I thought that perhaps the motel had done some renos. I'm not sure where the pictures on the website came on but our room certainly didn't look like those pictures! The room was located at the very back building basically in this small alleyway... complete with an abandoned shopping cart. When we opened the door, all you could smell was smoke. The lighting was poor. There was a fridge and a microwave basically parked in the middle of the room. The lamps between the two beds didn't work and ended up falling off the wall. This was considered the "family suite" and the 2nd bedroom consisted of a closet-sized room with a BARE mattress ON THE FLOOR. The bathroom was disgusting. There was mold on the blinds, mold on the ceiling and down the walls, mold in the corners on the floor, mold in the shower, mold on the shower curtain. There wasn't enough hot water for everyone to shower. The fridge worked one night but not the second night and the microwave had to stay unplugged because if you plugged it in, it would stay on! The heat didn't work. The only decent thing about the place was that the manager was helpful. He told us how to get to the mall and brought extra towels (thin towels though) and when we told him there was no heat, he told us that there would be a space heater put in the room by the time we got back from dinner... and there was. The room was not cleaned except that the garbage was emptied. And now, my friend has asked me if I have bed bug bites!!

Don't stay here. Stay further from the outlet mall as the reviews for hotels/motels near the mall are not that great and so it makes me wonder if all the places near the mall are dumps. Next time, we will stay in Amherst where there is good shopping and decent hotels and it's not that far of a drive to the outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We had a great vacation trip to Niagra falls and the hotel we stayed is Pelican. It was fabulous and we enjoyed a lot in the Hotel . And also the hotel cost is reasonable. It is very close to the beautiful Niagra falls. .Also a very good service. It is very comfort and also very relaxable. It is also a very peaceful place......................in one word we can say its very good and awesome.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

It's a great hotel to stay with. The service,discipline, location, service are appreciateable.

I enjoyed a lot with our friends and it's a good place to stay. The cleanliness and service

are amazing to talk about.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

The room was nice. The manager was very friendly and helpful. Not very far from the falls.

Stayed August 2009
Brampton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

I basically ignored the negative reviews and hoped for the best and was quite satisfied with my stay. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel in the lap of luxury this is not the place for you. It is however, an affordable motel with a comfortable bed, AC, clean bathroom, working tv and is located about 3 miles from the Falls and in close access to restaurants and shopping. My room also had a refrigerator and microwave which were quite useful. The service was extremely good since the manager seems to be an all around great guy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Pelican Motel? Share your experiences!