My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel Dec 31/10 to Jan 2/11. I had read all the reviews and was somewhat hesitant (mostly worried about bedbugs!) but when we got there I was pleasantly surprised. It was extremely close to all the stops we had to make, including the Military Road Outlet Mall and the Rainbow Bridge border; it was also about 15-20 mins from HSBC Arena and the Walden Galleria. The room was clean and so were the bedsheets. There were lots of pillows but they were definitely old and very flat, not too big a deal (we just doubled them up) but still, a little updating could go a long way. We had a jacuzzi suite and there was some, I guess bubble bath film?, around the faucet but it was ok once I cleaned it all up. Water pressure was good and there was hot water when we needed it, though we could hear the rooms around us any time they used the shower. The jacuzzi suites come with a mini fridge so that was an added bonus. The main problem with this motel is that the walls are paper thin. We could hear the conversations of the people in the room next to us clearly and they weren't speaking loudly at all!! This made us start whispering and that got annoying pretty quick. Also, any time people came and went we could hear their footsteps on the stairs - so all those people who needed their continental breakfast at 7 am, or who were just getting back from the casino at 3 am, provided us with a rude awakening. We couldn't be bothered to get up for the breakfast (especially with a Bob Evan's just 2 minutes away!) so I cannot comment on that. There are only about 8 parking spots in front, the rest are all in the back. There is a channel on the TV that shows you the back parking lot for security which is a bonus. Also, you can get in with your room card from the back entrance, so parking in back isn't too big a deal. Parking is also free, which is rare in Niagara Falls. There are no elevators so if this is an issue for you not a good idea to stay here either. The internet was free and pretty quick. The check in was also quick, the rate was good (I had booked in September), the location was absolutely ideal for our needs. So if you are a deep sleeper maybe this is the place for you but if you are a light sleeper, or if you like to sleep in, stay away. Unless you can get a room for $49 (which was the rate for a standard room here when I was looking in September) then I wouldn't bother with this motel. It definitely could use some updating to fix the noise issues. We would probably not go back considering all the other hotel/motel options along the strip - and there are many! There are definitely good things about this motel, but after 2 nites of interrupted sleep and paper thin walls, we were really turned off. Maybe 1 nite wouldn't be as bad? I don't know, but I'm not willing to find out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME, To Super 8 Niagara Falls/ Buffalo. We have 73 rooms - 100% Non-Smoking Hotel. NEWLY REMODELED February 2015. We are centrally located in Niagara Falls. Fashion Outlet 200 Stores about a mile away, Beautiful Niagara Falls and Maid of Mist about 4 miles, Niagara University and Power Vista 6 miles and many many more to explore in the surrounding areas. Many restaurants near by as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Super 8 - Niagara Falls / Buffalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 - Niagara Falls/Buffalo Hotel Niagara Falls
- Super Eight Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Super Eight
- Niagara Falls Super 8