“Birthday” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
toronto
“Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

It was my daughters 7th birthday and it was wonderful. I had the soup and salad and my husband had chicken parm. It was worth the drive across the border. Thank you to our server Erika for making my Erika's day extra special!! What a great server she took her time with us and didn't try to rush us in any way. THANKS so much for doing a great job on a very special day for us.:)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hamilton ON
“Recently opened. Typical OG food and service. No surprises.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

A clean new facility done with lighter paint colors, lighter wood trim and better lighting, which is all good! Older OG's are not as "fresh" looking although the food in them is always up to the chain's standards. This is a very busy restaurant, so expect to wait at peak times in the seating area provided.

Not fine dining, but then you are not paying fine dining prices either. We have been to this location 3x, each time on a weekday for lunch. The food is very consistent as to quality and the service is good (2/3x) to very good (1/3x).

The chicken parm entree is very good but has not a whole lot of chicken parm or pasta so you wind up eating lots of salad/ soup and heavily salted bread sticks. Other entrees that we have tried are similarly well done, but also a little smaller than you would expect for an entree. Suggestion- Charge a $1-1.50 more and increase the portion sizes of the entrees.

Only 1/3 times have we been asked if we wanted more soup or salad, 2/3 times on the bread sticks, which is also typical of OG service in our experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guelph, Canada
“Really pleased with this chain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Hadn't been to an Olive Garden since they left Canada. I was kind of looking forward to it, and they didn't disappoint. Yes there was a little wait at the bar for a table but once seated it was well worth the wait, great job by the hostess, our server came swiftly for our drink orders and made some great suggestions. Our apps. came just as quick and were delicious, I was full after that ! Then came the salads, and ultimately our mains. Stuffed doesn't begin to explain. Everything was very hot and very good, but there was just so much of it ! I had as much to take home as I ate. I usually hate chains, Boston Pizza, East Side Mario's and the like would be crushed if The Olive Garden came back, it's a shame really, why can't all chains be that good ? Considering the service, quality of food and the price you can't go wrong.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“great service and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

always a pleasure to eat there. this time the service was really outstanding.
the soup and salad combination for lunch is a great deal and well priced. you cna get free refills on the salad as well as the soup. we will go back anytime.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Olive Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Back when Olive Gardden had a few locations in Toronto....I frequently visited the joint atleast 3times a week.

Now that theyre all closed. I always visit the one in Niagara Fall USA when in the area.

I have noticed in the last 2 visits that the food just isnt as good as it use to be.
The garlic bread isnt as buttery and they also took the "garlic" out of the bread.

This visit I ordered the shrimp & scallop lingunie.
What a disappointed. It had 8 small overcooked shrimps and a few very small scallops.
My friend had soup and sandwich and it was great!

The service was EXCELLENT! Our waitress was very polite, friendly and attentive.

One waiter....noticed that my friend's glass of water was almost empty...he brought a full glass without even asking and it wasnt even his table to serve.

We were very surprise that he took the time to do such a thing! Not many servers will do that unless its their own table.

Aside from the mini shrimps & scallops our overall experience was EXCELLENT!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere