“A thirll you will not forger” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Activities: Group tours/day tour
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Ready to get soaked? Take this boat ride, operating since 1846, to the bottom of the falls where the thrill, thundering noise and Niagara waters shower will be an experience to remember.
Buffalo, New York
6 attraction reviews
“A thirll you will not forger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been on the Maid of the Mist before, both in Niagara Falls, New York, and Canada. I went again this summer, with out of town friends (although I still cannot convince my wife to get on the boat). It it thrilling, it is wonderful, it is breathtaking. I must admit, when you get close to those thunderous falls, you feel a little releaved when the boat starts back to shore. For some, it might be a once in a life time opportunity....don't miss it! The falls are magnificent!

Visited August 2011

• Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
21 attraction reviews
“So glad we sprung for it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We usually travel with our dog, but because he wasn't with us, we thought, well, why not? We didn't expect much and thought it was just the 'touristy thing to do' and might be a waste of money. We were so wrong! The line moved quickly and before we knew it, were were at the bottom of the falls. What an amazing experience. The falls are even more impressive from below.

pittsburgh
20 attraction reviews
“You can't visit the Falls and NOT go on the Maid of the Mist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Made a quick stop at Niagara Falls on the way home from a long Labor Day weekend. Was able to get on and off the boat in no time as my wife stayed onshore with our dog. Being that close to both the American and Horseshoe Falls is simply magic - the best $13.50 you an spend anywhere - everybody on board loved it from the 2 yr olds to the 80 yr olds! I am sure we caught it on a slow day since the weather had cooled, but even with a long wait this would be well worth anyone's time .. one of the best things you'll do in your lifetime!

Boston
“Unforgettable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've lived on the east coast my entire life, but this was my first trip to Niagara Falls. We arrived at the Maid of the Mist early in the day to avoid the lines, which worked - there wasn't much of a crowd, so we were first in line at one of the boat launches and able to secure a spot right in the front of the boat on the bottom deck. Even with the blue poncho, prepare to get wet!! As you get closer to the falls, it gets windier and windier - it was a struggle trying to keep the poncho out of my face. But the trip was AMAZING!!! You really can't hear what the captain is saying over the loudspeaker, the falls are just too tremendous and powerful and block out the captain's voice. The boat takes you up past bridal veil falls towards the horseshoe falls, where the boat stops at the edge of what looks like a massive whirlpool for a few minutes, allowing you to take in the amazing power of the falls. It's awe-inspiring and a little fear inducing, I will admit. Go home and watch a Discovery Channel special on people who've survived (or not) trips over the falls, and you will have a new appreciation for their ridiculous stunts.

This is a MUST DO while you visit Niagara Falls. A truly unforgettable experience.

Visited May 2011
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“exciting and a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I'm not a boat person, so I was a little nervous about taking this trip. But let me tell you, once your out there, it's so exciting I didn't even think about it anymore! We both got SOAKED!! I had my camera out in the beginning snapping away but at some point I had to put it away and just enjoy the moment because it was just to wet. They really take you right into the falls. It's more than a mist, it was like a shower (I'm not complaining by any means just forewarning you if you think it's just a sprinkle). From the US side this seems to be the only way to actually see the falls. So if your staying on the US side I would put this on your "must do" list. It was a long wait for us but it was well worth it!