“So much false advertising and issues within 3 hours...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
MrsT22308
“So much false advertising and issues within 3 hours...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We checked in 3 hours ago and are already disappointed. We are here using a Groupon deal that was supposed to include a free bottle of wine and app each night and $30 in slot play at the casino. We paid an additional $90 per night for an upgrade to a suite (which was advertised as having a huge window over the hot tub in the bathroom).

1) Our "huge window" as its pictured on their website was a 12"x18" window that abutts the ceiling so you couldnt even look out out. We spoke to the front desk who moved us but really?! FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

2) Hair dryer didnt work in the new room and they were unsure if they could find another (which they eventually did).

3) We go to the restaurant to get our free bottle of wine. We get 2 choices.. A white or red. We got the white and it was NASTY. Free apps are limited... Wewre told as we ordered that about 1/2 of the apps were not included either. The bruchetta was soaked, soggy grocery srore bread.. Barely toated and just blah.

I cannot believe this crap. And the free slot play is only $15 pp.. So if you are traveling alone you are getting gyped.

• Stayed February 2013
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. All of our suites do have a huge window with a beautiful view of the Niagara River however some of them have 2 which the other one is in the bathroom. As advertised you do receive a $30 freeplay from the casino how you choose to split it up is up to you. We do apologize that the wine was not to your liking. Our bruschetta as well as our other dishes are all made in house including our hand rolled pasta and gnocci. It seems as all of the concerns you had and brought to our attention were resolved immediately. Most have found the Groupon to be a great deal and we apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope in the future you will stay with us again!

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The good:
-clean rooms
-fairly new, comfortable bed
-service (was acknowledged and treated like a SPG gold member) with free view upgrade
-location was amazing- close to the outlet, restaurants, malls, Niagara falls
-the hotel was off a beaten path but felt safe

The bad
-only complaint but a major one is the noise. as others eluded to, there is NO insulation between the doors and the walls from the hallway to your room. As a result, you hear every door slam shut (whether at 6am or 2pm) and kids running around

Overall it was a good experience but I would not return again. I understand the hotel was rebuilt/reamped; but for guests to return, I think it's critical the sleep experience is weighted as crucial as the customer service and cleanliness (which they have)

Room Tip: SPG member has benefits!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am so very sorry about your experience with the level of noise. We sincerely aplogize, we do all we can to keep the level of noise down. We are glad you enjoyed everything else during your stay and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I arive @ 7:30 doors was slamming all thru night my suite was by elevator people get on and off the elevator take a good 5 minute to come...I woke the next morning call manager about the noise and jacuzzi was coming on/ off start to creep me out. She respond to me with attitude well they slam the doors to make sure their close and wasnt nice towards me and finance..I hung up call another Sheraton and ask for cooperate number ,I call cooperate they call hotel now the manger wanted offer me breakfast so order breakfast they restruant forgot to bring 2 orange juice then ,then came back up with 1 orange juice so I send her back down for my 2nd or juice now it almost time for check out they never email my cash reciept so call twice for my reciept now finally receive my reciept then I call hotel ask how long will take for me recieve my $.35.00 deposit she by end of day really depends on the bank..so I call my card around 4:30 notice my balance went down $200 less because the hotel charge me so I call hotel the same manager answer said oh yes we charge u for smoking in the room never did we smoke in the room I have asthma real bad she never sent me a reciept of the new charge if I didn't keep checking my balance I would of never no she was being deceitful towards me because I reported her to customer service they never gave me a reciept so call her and i was question her,she got very aggraveted and start yelling at me and told me don't come back here again I told her ,I wasn't playing on come back so she didn't have to tell me that and I told I was recording her but and I call cooperate back and reported her . I serious hope the[--] get fired, the way she treat customers very poor customer service u spend a lot money there to here a lot of noise and a manager or a staff to treat you nobody .feel like standing ouside with sign protest against that hotel. telling the customer be careful with credit cards and make sure that they get a reciept I will never go back to that piece crap hotel ever again...

• Stayed February 2013
Bethany, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for three days of shopping. We got the suite the large one which was HUGE. Beds were amazing the food was good. Price was so good. I really like the view of the river during breakfast. It was also a nice quiet location so we felt very safe in the hotel and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: The suites with the queen beds do not have the jacuzzi tub only the king rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear you had a great stay! Satisfied guest are our #1 priority. Our suites sure are one of a kind and beautiful! In the warmer months you can enjoy the beautiful riverview on our outdoor patio for breakfast, lunch or dinner! We look forwad to your next shopping adventure!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The truth is, that the hotel is a five star review, however the location i find awkward. the hotels is in a residential section, with nothing really with in walking distance.

Although it is a short drive way from the outlets and casino and it is right on the water.

The hotel is in perfect condition. the staff are always willing to help with any issue. the rooms are not as big as the Sheridan at the falls however are more modern. They are very clean.

there is restaurant and bar however it closes rather early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and it's amenities. Our staff takes pride in quality and efficient service. We look forward to your next trip.
Tonawanda, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at the four points for a short getaway. Was able to book a package for credits at a nearby casino and also received a bottle of wine with an appetizer at the restaurant on premises. Reasonable rates,so-so room.Had an issue with noisy guests down the hallway-mostly young children-at 1:30 am. Lasted about a half an hour. In the morning I mentioned it during checkout and was offered complimentary breakfasts. Good value for the money and they made a good effort to make our stay enjoyable. Visited the Falls, which can be beautiful in the winter-trees glisten with ice. Would not hesitate to return if iI knew I would have a quiet room with a similar package. The breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a "quiet" room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your reveiw. We apoligize the issues you had with other guest. We are glad that all in all we were able to overcome that concern and hope you will stay with us again!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went to the Four Points in August, 2012, looking for a place to sleep and do some cross border shopping from Canada. We looked at a number of places on the US side (as we wanted to stay on the US side to maximize how much we can buy duty free) and we decided on the Four Points as it was closer to Buffalo than the other Niagara Falls hotels but still close enough to the falls and the Outlet mall.

I will have to agree with many of the reviewers that it's definitely in the middle of nowhere in a "shady" industrial area. However, although the area looks run down, we never felt at all nervous and the area of the hotel and the parking lot is quite well lit. The hotel backs on to the river and is about a 5-10 minute drive to the outlet mall in Niagara Falls. It's also about a 15-20 drive to Buffalo if you're looking to go shopping there. The rooms are very clean and decent size. They are definitely more updated than many of the Niagara Falls hotels and much cleaner. The staff are cordial and were able to address any needs that we had. The only issue about the hotel was that there were only 2 elevators and they can be a bit slow.

All in all, if you're looking for a place to rest your head from a long day of shopping at the outlet mall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I will for sure come back here again the next time we organize a shopping trip across the border.

Room Tip: River view rooms do have a nice view of the water.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and will return in the future. Our location is great for our shopping visitors! We appreciate your recommendation and thank you! We look forward to your next shopping adventure!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!