“Excellent for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Niagara Falls

You added Motel 6 Niagara Falls to your Saves list
Motel 6 Niagara Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9100 Niagara Falls Blvd, Route 290 Exit #22, Niagara Falls, NY 14304   |
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Guelph, Canada
“Excellent for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 1 night while we went down there shopping. Hotel is new. Convenient location, close to Outlet Mall and restaurants. Our queen bed was very comfortable. Room was small but didn't matter, price was right. Coffee available in lobby for free.Breakfest is available at next door restaurant for free. We didn't make it restaurant though. Staff was friendly. I would stay there again !!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I did not pre-book and found this motel by accident. It proved to be an excellent choice and we stayed for 6 days using it as a base to travel all over the place. The staff were nothing but friendly and helpful The rooms were clean and everything seemed fresh and well kept. Flat screen TV's too. They do not do breakfast but we found a great place ( Mom's restaurant) just up the road and the Motel is less than a mile from The Fashion Mall and all manner of Restaurants. We have no complaints at all and would highly recommend this Motel. Most nights ( except Saturday) were around $55.. great value indeed.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This property is only a couple of years old, still in very good shape, clean, and efficient staff.
The rooms were comfortable, a bit larger than most M-6's.
Had a problem with the a/c-heater, it was taken care of immediately.
This is a franchise property, and we have had some bad experiences with M-6 franchises, but this one was exceptionally good.

san jose, costa rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I made my reservations on the phone over a week in advance for a room on a Saturday night. The rate online and on the phone was $55 per night. We were arriving after midnight so i made sure that the front desk was aware of our late arrival. We were flying in to go to the Falls the next morning. After we finished the reservation i asked the guy to please e-mail me a confirmation #. He never did, but he did give me mine on the phone.

Our reservation was for Saturday night Sept.24th, but since we were arriving after midnight (actually 1:30am) for some reason the reservation was made for the 25th. In reality it was the 25th, but not by hotel reservation standards.

We get to the hotel and i tell the desk we have a reservation and the lady tells me they don't take reservations. I tell her i made them over a week ago and i have an e-mail confirmation. She says they stopped making reservations some time ago. I give her my confirmation number and there is no reservation. Then she looks for Sunday the 25th and there is a reservation for the 25th. I say oh well no big deal. WRONG. Now the room rate that was supposed to be $55 is $159. I try to work something out, but she was pretty rude and could care less and didn't seem to care that whoever i talked to and made the reservation with, made the error with the date.

She told us the room rate of $159 was a week end rate and showed me a sign at the counter. Apparently they have allot of late nighters here if you know what i mean. So i say to her...."isn't Sunday the 25th a week end?" and she says yes, then i ask why is Saturday $159 and Sunday $55 if it is a week end rate. She got a little uptight and said that's what the sign says and that's the way it is, i didn't have to take the room.

Fine i just flew in from Florida, took a cab at 1am to the hotel for a reservation that i made for $55 and you tell me i can go somewhere else. I picked this place because of the reviews on Trip Advisor i had seen other ones that pulled the bait and switch or were pretty ratty.

After midnight in a town i have never been before.......i had no choice. I had to pay the $159. I hope the lady......and i will get her name later, got a kick out of stealing from some out of towners that she will never see again. If in fact this is Motel 6 policy that is fine, but not the way it was done. I went to great lengths to make the reservation on the phone to make sure there was no problem with us arriving so late. The courteous thing to do would have been to honor the reservation that i made for the $55. It is not my fault the guy can't figure out the dates. My fault too, for not following up when i did not get my e-mail confirmation.

Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a quick trip to Niagara Falls. We'd had already visited the Canadian side of the falls a year before and weren't interested in all of the touristy stuff. If you're on a budget I definitely recommend this hotel. We just needed a bed to sleep in and a bathroom to shower in. The hotel is newer so the room is pretty modern and had a TV but didn't come with shampoo, soap, etc. It was perfect for us--no luxuries but we weren't expecting any. We got a cheaper price than the website said it would be when we showed up to pay for our room and the front desk person was friendly. The location is about a 10-minute drive from the falls, but its near a Walmart and a large outlet shopping center. Good for anyone on a budget and probably a better value than a cheap hotel elsewhere-there weren't any bugs or stains on the sheets, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family stayed here recently for one night. We booked two rooms; each had two double beds. With three people staying in each room, it would have been nice to have queen-size beds but that option was not available. The rooms were clean and compact. They were quiet even though the motel is located on busy Niagara Falls Blvd. The parking lot is large with, of course, free parking.

Check-in was easy since the rooms were pre-booked over the Internet. The rate was reasonable ($71.09 per room plus tax). I missed some of the niceties you could get at more upscale motels such as complimentary shampoo, lotion, and breakfast. Coffee is available in the lobby. Overall we had a good experience at this Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

After staying at Motel 6 a few years ago and saying we would not stay at one again, we decided to take a chance on this hotel because it was brand new. The front desk person was very unfriendly and did not make us feel welcome at all. The rooms are very small, and we ended up in a room with a double bed instead of a queen which we requested. There are no extras in the room, no hair dryer, shampoo, or lotions, no kleenex not even a bedside clock. We had to ask for extra pillows, the ones provided were as thin as newspaper. The gentleman who gave us the extra pillows was very nice. They do not provide any sort of quick start breakfast, just a coffee machine in the lobby.
In fairness the room was very clean, but then again everything is new. We wonder what it will look like in a couple of years but we definitely won't return to find out.

Room Tip: If you only need a room to sleep for a night, this one would fit the bill.