“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
PA
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The room was standard, but the staff here were great! The Legends restaurant had a super nice waitress and the food was good and reasonably priced. The desk clerks were very helpful, as was the concierge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
chris115Pa,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience and hope to see you again during your next trip to Niagara Falls, USA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Byrdstown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room was your standard hotel room. TV was annoying because it kept popping up ads about TV's features while trying to watch program. Called front desk and they said they could sent up a technician, but decided against it, and watched tv with pop up ads. All staff we encountered was friendly and helpful. Property very wheelchair friendly. Parking was awful. This is sole reason I would hesitate returning to hotel. Valet parking was not any better. It took too long to get valet to take car and much longer to get vehicle from valet when ready to leave.

Harryl,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel. I apologize if our valet service was taking longer than normal during your stay and hope you'll give us another try during your next trip to Niagara Falls, USA.
Newmarket, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 3 year old daughter September 20th to the 22nd of September 2013. We have stayed there in the past and already knew the hotel was run down but decided on staying there again because of it's location. We checked in on Friday afternoon, went out for dinner and I returned to the room with my daughter to get her ready for bed while my wife went out to shop. while my daughter was playing with her toys on the floor she said that there was "water" dripping on her and her toys from the ceiling. Water was pouring from the ceiling. I immediately called the front desk and a maintenance man came to the room and said the leak was caused by an overflowing toilet in the room above us. Toilet water! We were told to move to another room on the same floor and "sorry for the inconvenience". I had to pack up all our belongings, with my daughter in her pajamas, relocate to the other room. I had to discard whatever toys got contaminated and re-bathe my daughter. We were awakened the following morning my a dripping noise coming from over the window and found rain water pooling on the window sill and leaking onto the air conditioning unit and wall right where I had placed my laptop computer! Then just as we began taking our showers the power went out!! We had to get ready in darkness. I complained to cleaning staff and to the front desk about the rain water pouring in the window before leaving for the day. We returned to the room at around 11:30pm and there was still a pool of water on the window sill and floor. The last morning a statement was placed under our door stating full charges for the two nights had already been paid from my credit card. I was shocked! I complained to the girl at the front desk and she said all she could do is give me a 25% discount and that I should contact the GM. I emailed the GM before leaving the hotel and am still waiting for a reply. I fully understand that at times things such as power failures, floods etc. are not always preventable. What really upset me was how poorly my situation was handled my the desk staff. My daughter was in contact with water that leaked from somone elses toilet and all I got was "sorry for the inconvenience". Our experience here was lousy and it felt a lot more like work. Customer service is deplorable. We come to Niagara for short getaways often but we will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I wanted a hotel to stay at overnight while I spent the days surrounding enjoying the spectacle of the Falls. This hotel definitely served that purpose, but I was glad that I was on my own and had not brought my fiancee - it would not have been the romantic getaway I would have wanted had we gone for such a trip.

Everything is extremely functional, but few things improve on that level. The room was clean, and I have few complaints other than the fact that the carpet was old. However, the air conditioning unit was on full blast when I got in and I had to put my jumper back on until I went out to dinner. The bathroom was clean, but not to my (perhaps rather high) standard. The door was a rather flimsy sliding contraption that looked like it had seen better days. I was also put off by the disabled access door, which would not shut before it wanted to without some persuasion.

Facilities-wise, I did not worry about much, but there is a pool and hot tub at the front of the hotel. I cannot speak to their condition.

The staff at the front desk were a mixed bag. The gentleman who checked me in was on the phone through half of the process and very brusque for the rest of it. He also checked me out, and I had to double check everything was done as he did not proffer that piece of information, but left me waiting while he looked over other matters. However Jerry, who I asked about local places to eat, was extremely helpful and courteous, and I took his recommendation of where to eat and was delighted with it.

I did not eat at the attached Legends bar, but I did choose to take advantage of the cigar room and went to purchase a cigar from the bartender at Legends. He was actually quite unpleasant, and only spoke very grudgingly. I looked in at the breakfast the following morning, around ten minutes before it closed, and the food looked very dry and presumably had not been tended or replaced recently.

Access-wise, it is a great location. It is less than five minutes from the Falls, and a couple of steps from the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, where I enjoyed two excellent meals. There are plenty of restaurants within a short walk, and many more if you are willing to wander for 20 minutes or so.

To summarise, if you are going on business, with friends or on your own, and simply want somewhere to get a night's sleep and not spend too much time, then this is a reasonable place to do it. I would not recommend it for a family or couple trip.

Room Tip: Unless you don't mind waiting half a minute for your door to close every time, request a room wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent a pretty good time in this hotel. The location is perfect: you can access the falls in 5 minutes walk. The staff is awesome: they would help you if you have any kind of issue. The most amazing person we met in the hotel was Sue. She works in the small information desk in front of the main desk. She is so funny and always up for a conversation.

Enjoy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The first of the Worst reviews and hopefully the last.
We stayed at this hotel for a night on the 19th of august 2013. The only advantage is the location of this hotel. We put "honeymoon couple" as a special request so that they give us a higher floor and a less noisy room for privacy, instead i was alloted a "handicapped room" and they were sold out to accomodate me in any other room, i showed them my booking voucher for proof but they act like they just dont understand.The carpet on the floor in the room was wet, the room was stinking, this is by far the worst experience i'v ever had. The staff is extremely rude, ZERO HOSPITALITY. I had an overnight flight from san diego and arrived at this hotel early at 9am and waited for a couple of hours at the reception, after making several requests for an early check-in and watched guests checking out and a minimum of 10rooms geting emptied at 11am, i was only told "WE CANNOT GUARANTEE EARLY CHECK IN, PLEASE COME BACK AT 4PM''. To top it all, the receptionist said the occupied rooms will be cleaned first and then these empty rooms will be cleaned and should be ready for check-in at 4pm, HOW INTELLIGENT!! Clearly they were low on house-keeping staff. I do not understand their rigid check-in & check-out times, 11am & 4pm.
Big mistake, spoilt my stay, will never come back nor recommend this hotel.
Better hotels available a few blocks away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Vishalshah17,

I apologize about the experience you've shared. I have reviewed your reservation and verified that you were checked in to the room type reserved through Expedia. I do apologize Expedia did not pass on your special request to us.

I further apologize we were unable to check you in upon your arrival. However, we can not check in a room until it is vacated by the previous guest and cleaned; this is standard procedure. Rooms are cleaned as they are vacated, and with our wide variety of room types offered, it is possible yours was not available until closer to 4pm, our normal check in time; I do apologize about any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I do apologize you had a negative experience and hope if you're ever back in Niagara Falls USA you'll give us another try.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is really closed to the fall, the staff is super friendly but that is all. The hotel is old and dirty. The carpet is stained. The bathroom is dirty. The bottom of the bathtub in our room was brown. We had actually clean it with soap before using it. Moreover, we found a few hair on the toilette when we first came it. That was scary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls? Share your experiences!