I arrived at about 7pm for check-in in December 2012. It was dark and cold outside so all I wanted is to take a rest in the rooms.
The check-in staff was courteous, however they somehow took a long while to process my check-in.
While waiting for my keys, I noticed 2 suspicious men loitering around the lift lobby, and I could clearly see that all the lifts were on the ground floor, but they were not taking them.
After I got my keys, I proceeded to the lifts and one of the men suddenly reached for the lift button and sighed out loud "Why is this lift taking so long". Of course, the lift doors opened immediately since they were all already on the ground floor.
I noticed something was seriously amiss as one of the men followed me into the lift. I waited for a long 10 seconds for the man to select his floor button but he pretended to be busy on the phone. I pressed the 3rd floor button (my room floor) and the man suddenly said "Thanks! That's my floor too!".
Fearing for the worst, I thought hard on my feet and took out my key card, and pretended to say "Oh dear me, I got the wrong floor, my room is on the 4th floor".
When the lift reached the 3rd floor, the man did not get out. So I asked the man "Aren't you getting out? Isn't this your floor like you said?" He hesitated and got out, and gave me an evil grin as he turned back when the doors close.
I was so disturbed that I went back to my car immediately to drive to Hard Rock Cafe to take my dinner, I did not even dare to go to my room.
After dinner, I went back and dashed to my room immediately and locked myself in for fear of being followed by these creepy men.
There is a casino just down the road from the hotel, have these suspicious men lost all their money and wanted to rob someone? Why isn't the hotel staff stopping suspicious people from loitering around their lift lobby?
Next time, I will probably stay at Comfort Inn The Pointe just down the road at the same price with better reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Hotel & Suites is the center hotel in Downtown Niagara Falls! Everything is located within just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Located just 1 block from the entrance of Niagara Falls State Park, the Rainbow Bridge to Canada, Seneca Niagara Casino, and more! Featuring standard rooms through whirlpool suites, we're sure to have the room type you have in mind! We are also proud to feature pet friendly rooms!All of our rooms feature: HD-TV with HBO, in-room safe, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, free wifi and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel And Suites At The Falls
- Quality Inn Niagara Falls
- Quality Hotel Niagara Falls