“Best stay ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Brantford, Canada
“Best stay ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I brought my daughter ,son in law and grandchildren here and it was the best stay ever. I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. 15 min walk to the Falls, store right at hotel, close to shopping. The hotel was very clean and hotel staff was super nice. Also microwave and stove in room.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so there is a lot of outside stairs but it didn't bother us
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Naugatuck, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were able to walk every where from here .. the falls, the downtown area, the casino, etc ... It is an older motel but clean. The staff is also the clerk at the store in the parking lot, a little unusual but seems to work for them. The first day was ok for the price. The second night there was people outside the next door over from us that was keeping us up. We called the clerk every half hour from midnight until 1:30 in the am and nothing was done. They eventually quieted down until around 3 am when they came back. So .. not much sleep the second night and will not chance staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had planned to stay at another place, but came across this place first and I am glad we did. At first impression this place was just another little motel, but once we got a room it was a whole other ball game. The price, location and recently renovated rooms certainly give this place an edge over other places we have stayed, even in this area.

Originally we had intended on staying at the hotel up the street, but due to the closeness to the border traffic was backed up preventing us from getting there, so I pulled into this place figuring it was worth a look and again, I am glad I did. Upon arriving there was another customer there, trying to book 3 rooms for himself and his family, so I over heard the price that he was offered, but the guy was still trying to get a better deal and the staff was handling him well for sure, but the customer wanted to see a room, but before the staff member could show him he had to deal with me and when he told me the same rate, I didn't hesitate. I was a little worried considering my previous nights experience in Sandusky, but figured it was worth a shot.

To my surprise the room was very nice, a little small for my group, but wow talk about clean and a refreshing surprise and the location was extremely close to everything we wanted to do, the maid of the mist, cave of the winds, local souvenir shops and not so far from the outlet mall. They offer a breakfast, but we didn't try it out as we wanted to head out in the morning to check out a few other places. The only true complaint with this place, which is not so much a complaint about this place as it is with the area is it is certainly run down and lacks much of the excitement offered on the other side of the bridge.

I would certainly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for some good value with a great location and decent service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
worcester, ma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We actually drove by the place at first. We arrived late at night and there was no light on the sign. As far as 1st impressions go, this place leaves much to be desired. It took a bit to get checked in, b/c the night clerk was busy with a customer in the convenience store that is their "office". Stuff was over priced and a few items we picked up were close to or past expiration dates!
Place is run down, don't know where they took the online photos from but they definitely have mastered camera angles to hide what you don't want to see! The beds were ok. and they managed to have a cot in the room before we arrived. The bathroom however: hair in the tub, hair on the towels....gross. When we were leaving, housekeeping was making their way down...as we turn the corner, there on the floor, in neat stacks are the "clean" towels and bed linens! ON THE FLOOR.
Booked via choicehotels.com, def over paid, even for a tourist locale.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although I had seen the pictures of the room on their site, I cannot lie that when we drove up to the hotel we were a little concerned. Check-in was quick and when we opened the room door we were pleasantly surprised; the outside does not do the room justice so do not let first impressions turn you away. Nice to see a room without rugs; makes it look cleaner. The only negative thing I can say is that the rates were a little high but it is a major tourist area so I guess it is to be expected. Once there everything is within walking distance and you do not need to use your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Maries, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls, N. Y. Nothing special about the exterior of the place, but the people are what makes a difference. The room was clean & bed exceptional, refridge, microwave, coffee maker, t.v. quiet area. A short walk to the Falls ( we're 77 years old, so we know short ) Jenny, the receptionist was especially friendly & helpful. Worked above & beyond to make our stay the best ever, Thanks Jenny, we appreciated it. Fern & Lee Mcallister, North Idaho

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Byron, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Signed in then went to the falls. We got back from the Canadian side after 11:pm. Before we could even get out of the car there was a scumbag black guy that came from the motel office to my car window begging for money. I'm embarrassed to say how much we paid for this place through Travelocity. I see from this forum that we paid more that twice what some others paid. The room was small and terrible. The bathroom door was off it's hinge. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!