“will not stay again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
US
“will not stay again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked the hotel as this is the last one available online. But the condition of the room is much worse that what I expected. It is a very small room. The worst part is that you can hear all the talking and showers and toilet flushes by your neighbors. No elevator either. The stairs and hallway are really dirty.

It is still about 15 minutes walk to the falls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Would I stay at Rodeway Inn Niagra Falls again? Yes. Would I pay a bit more to try another hotel. Yes. Our stay there around the middle of October was all right but several things could have been better.

First the good parts. Short 5-10 minute walk to the Falls. This is important. Niagara Falls, NY is in an unbelievably terrible condition, several buildings and people walking around remind me of the bad part of a major US city. So, you want to be close to the Falls!. 5 minute walk to the Rainbow Bridge that takes you to Canada. Free parking, free working Wi-Fi. Reasonably clean room, bathroom functional. Sleep quality good. Reasonably quiet overall but then again October is off-season, there few cars in the parking lot.

Not so good parts. Extremely noisy AC unit. Had to turn it off at night, I could not bear the noise. Breakfast advertised but basically nonexistent. There's some coffee and maybe a cookie. Visible repair work in many places in the bathroom. Tape holding the batteries on the back side of the TV remote. Not sound insulated at all. You can easily hear people outside, but luckily this rarely happened during our stay since it was off-season.

Yes, I know, it's a motel so you could say that many of these things are to be expected. But that price is not that of a motel. I did not like paying 50$ more for the weekend night compared to Friday night. I did have the chance to visit the Canadian side. If you can book a hotel there, book it there but, of course, come to see the American side of the Falls too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Taught it was going to be a good choice due to the location after spending 3 nights there I will have to say was a very bad choice and will never stay there again ,rooms were dirty and horrible room service

• Stayed January 2012
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Rodeway inn is on the mainstreet and so is ideally located for walking to all the Niagara attractions. we were there at the beginning of the season..May 10--12 and we left on Saturday when crowds were starting to come in. we found the roads deserted and even the national park and the falls area did not have many people though the Cave of the winds and Maid of the mist had been resumed. we had chosen this hotel as we did not want the hassles of parking but there were hardly any cars.. or people at the park...We were a little scared as the surroundings appeared a little seedy, however, we walked to the falls all 3 days and did not encounter any problem. Lewiston where we went for the jetboat ride is also only a short drive away. So all in all, found the location very convenient. The room was clean and well equipped with microwave, fridge. Didn’t much care for the muffins offered as breakfast, the juice was good though. The girl at the convenience store who did our check in was very friendly and cheerful. Mineral water, yoghurt, milk etc could be purchased at the store which made it easy on us… we could concentrate on the sights without bothering much about shopping for small eats. We were out all through the day, so this place served the purpose for us

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a small two story motel (no elevator) and my friend and I found it comfortable and clean! We arrived at noon and Jenny offered us a second floor room if we wanted to check in. Room was small and clean with a flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, room safe and queen beds with Tempurpedic mattresses - AC unit was quiet. I never sleep well in a motel, but I'm surprised to say that I slept soundly! Breakfast was coffee, tea, apple juice, orange juice and 4 different kinds of individually wrapped BakerSource muffins. The motel office is part of a small convenience store. The convenience store is also were ice is available to motel guests. AJ checked us out in the AM. Jenny and AJ were friendly and helpful! This motel is within walking distance of falls, but we chose to drive and park at the state park.

I would stay again at this location and recommend it to other visitors.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

After driving all day long, I was exhausted and then dismayed when my GPS led me to my lodging for the night at Rodeway Inn and I saw what could have passed for a crack den or meth lab. I was pretty sure I would find bed bugs or roaches or blood stains or god knows what. Yet when I opened the door this turned out to be a very clean, comfortable, spacious room with a soft, quality bed, good water pressure,and recently updated bathroom with plenty of hot water and water pressure. The guys on the overnight staff were a bit disinterested and gruff, but the woman on afternoon shift who checked me in was as sweet, welcoming and helpful as you could want. Hotels in Niagara are very expensive, especially this close to the Falls (I walked from here to both the American side and across the bridge to Canada), so this place was a perfect option if you just need basic no-frills place to stay at night, but also want something clean. Just be sure to tip the maids. I suspect this place has lucked into some excellent housekeeping staff, but if they ever lose them it'll go downhill fast. So do your fellow travelers who visit in the future a favor and treat those ladies well.

Room Tip: Handicapped-accessible rooms (#8, #9 and possibly others) had especially large bathrooms and showers...