“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

It was clean and they were friendly. The reception was a convenience store and open 24 hours. It have a microwave, mini fridge and safe. The foam memory mattresses, were so comfortable. A little noisy at times, but my kids and I loved it. Will definitely go back and will recommend. There sister hotel is located across the street where you can use their pool. We only stayed one night but now I will go and stay there on a regular basis.

Room Tip: If you are planning on doing alot of shopping... get a room on the 1st floor, (hehehe)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Rodeway Inn for a night in our visit to Niagara Falls and Buffalo (we live in Canada). As commented before, the reception is located in a convenience store separated from the 2-storey room building. I had to deal with 3 different people in the reception at different times and they were nice to us. One of them actually was very gentle when explaining to us how to walk to the falls (it was late night and dark outside).
The room was nice considering that the outside of the building looks a bit old. The room includes a mini fridge, microwave oven and safe. The bed was comfortable, seemed to have a pillow-top and the linens were clean. The bathroom looked very clean too.
The hotel is located just 5 min walk from the Rainbow Bridge and 10 min from the Falls. There are some fancier hotels in the zone too, but, at least in our research, they charged much more than Rodeway. We ended up paying around $60 plus tax for the night.
Overall, considering that we only planned to stay a few hours to sleep and rest while being strategically located, Rodeway Inn offered a very good value for our money. We are likely to stay there in our next visit to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Wondeful location. Walkable distance to US side of Niagara falls. Good and SIMPLE stay.

Room Tip: Walkable distance to USA Niagara falls
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was our first trip to Niagara Falls, and were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay that was within walking distance of the falls and all the other attractions. We had booked the Rodeway Inn in advance based on the reviews in Trip Advisor, so were not surprised at the rather run-down appearance from the outside. There was no lobby; check-in was in a convenience store. However, although the room was old, it was clean and had been updated with a large flat screen TV and a wonderful Tempur-pedic bed! It provides a good night's sleep and a convenient location for anyone who's visiting there to enjoy the falls and surronding area.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

When I pulled up I was horrified by the looks of this place. I've never stayed at a Rodeway Inn, and so I didn't realize it is a 20 room motel. But walking into my room, I was surprised how nice it looked. Clean, hardwood floors, Tempur-pedic beds, fridge and microwave. It is in walking distance of Niagara Falls State Park, shops, restaurants, and even the helicopter tours. The office is a 24 hour convenience store as well, which is very useful. However, after staying here my first night, I noticed how rude most of the staff are. They are very unfriendly in the office/store. They just sit there looking miserable and don't even greet you. I went in to ask for a box of tissues, because i used up the one in my room since it only had about 6 in the box, and the ignorant man working night shift just told me to take the half used box that was sitting out on the counter. We accidentally referred to the housekeeper as a "maid", and she was quick to correct us about it. Breakfast is a joke, not that I expected too much, but cereal, pre wrapped danishes, and disgusting coffee are all they have. The office/store reeks of cat litter. There was about 50 ants on my floor upon waking up my second morning. The lighting in the room is very dim, I had to leave my door open to get some light in. The wifi is also pretty bad. Overall I guess it's about all you can expect from a motel, but the prices are too high for that. But the rude staff is what made me not like this place at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Close to the American Falls. Very clean room and bathroom. Comfortable bed. Nice large flat screen TV. A fridge, microwave and safe! Really enjoyed our stay here.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We drove in from south NY. Took us eight hours and we arrived a couple of hours earlier than the check-in at 3pm. The lady at the front desk went to check if any rooms were available and indeed there were, so they let us check in early.
The motel looks really cute from the outside, it has a very nice light brick facade and blue doors. The room was very nice. It had hard wood floors and two full beds. The bathroom was clean. The flat tv was a nice touch. The whole room looked light and crisp and it was a pleasure to stay in. The beds are memory foam and very comfy.
The walk to the rainbow bridge is five minutes and a little further to the falls attractions. The motel is located on the outskirts but close to everything and that is important.
The breakfast is served in the store from 7 until about 10, but that was too early for us, so we didn't take advantage.
When we left, i realized about four hour drive later that i left my diamond ring in the bathroom. Called the front desk and they went to look in the room. Thank god they found it. Told me to send a self addressed envelope and they will promptly send it out. I was so happy they were so honest.
Overall, it's a really nice place and I would def stay there again on my next trip to Niagara Falls. It doesn't have a pool, but for all the stuff we were doing for the two days we were there, there really wasn't a lot of time to go in to any pools.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. It was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!