“OMG Where is a Health Inspector when you need one?” 1 of 5 stars

Passport Inn 3rd Street
523 3rd Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14301   |
Ranked #45 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Brampton, Canada
“OMG Where is a Health Inspector when you need one?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Spent 1 night (1 night too many) December 31st, 2010. The smell in the main office should have been my first guess that this place was not clean. Foolish me. The floors were sticky and dirty. Because it was New Years Eve we spent $140.00 for 1 night. We would have been better off sleeping in a tent for the night. This motel is not only old dirty and out dated, there was no hot water, a broken lamp shade and the bed spread was older than my mother. We had very little toliet paper on the roll in the bathroom and no back up roll to be found. I'm not partial to Curry, however we had to spray our room to get the smell out. Thank God for travel size air fresheners. I would not recommend this motel for anyone with a weak stomach. We checked out quickly in the morning so we could get home and air out our luggage and have a long hot shower. Please do yourself a favour and never book a room. If someone out there has friends who are health inspectors take a walk about. It's not fit to live in. Soap and Water cannot help this place. Good luck to the next victims of this night mare.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
TodVogelsang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

For $49 it's hard to complain. I was towing a small trailer behind my truck and the owner ler me park in a chained off lot they own across the street. The TV, microwave, and fridge all worked. The sheets were clean and the A/C was cold. The fan in the bathroom was loud, and the carpet well worn. I did smell cigs but it wasn't strong. I wouldn't have a problem staying here again by myself. I've spent much of the past 12 yrs traveling the US and Canada and this was by far on the lower end of where I would normally stay, but for $50 I don't expect much. I normally look for rooms in the $80-90 range but was very tired and took a chance on this place. I keep reading all these horrible reviews for the many local motels and have to wonder, what do people expect for $40-70 a night in Niagara Falls? I mean seriously, the weather sucks there 7 months a year. Most of the rooms are empty during those months. How do people expect a property owner to supply anything but a crappy room and breakfast for less then $80-100 a night. LOL , You get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

The location is good..about 10 mins walking from Falls park. You will get a good Indian restaurant just beside the motel. It's very basic anddon't expect luxary over here. People in budget can choose this. Support staffs are nice and helpful. But doesn't have elivator to go to second floor. Rooms, beds, bathrooms are clean but not equipped with everythings. But if you ask for extra towel etc, you will get thsi. The floors are broken somewhere but not dangerous.

• Liked — Location and warmth of people
  • Disliked — Room can be better
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

It would be more sanitary to stay in a park bench than this dump. We were a group of 12 and could not find a hotel close to the falls on the NY side so we stayed in the Passport Inn “Coachman motel”. What a mistake! First you do not get a refund after you have check so ones you sign that is it. At first view the room was bearable but as time passed by more things emerged. All bed spreads were stained with God knows what, mind you we had three rooms, and one room heater did not work. The carpet was all sticky with grime, bathroom AND bath towels were full of other people’s hair. It seems they do not wash anything in these rooms. Remote did not work and we could not put anything in the refrigerators they had in the rooms since they were disgusting. The ceiling of one room was falling and another person in the Motel had insects on the beds. DO NOT STAY HERE you could get something much, much better for the same price and if you do not find anything in NY just stay in the Canada side. I just regret not taking photos so people could bealive me.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

Dirty !!! TV not working. I would not waste my time with this place again !! Was not my choice i was part of a bus trip !!! Shower and bathroom were disgusting !!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — This place is DIRTY !!! My least favorite thing was when i was in the dirty room
  • Stayed October 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

Good palace to stay, quiet area, very relaxing place. Thank You.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

What a hole! The sheets and towels were fresh but that's the only positive thing I can say about this dump. A non-smoking room reeked of tobacco. A tiny bar of soap is all they provide you with in the bathroom. Breakfast? Who would dare to call microscopic muffins from Costco and coffee with artificial creamer breakfast? They "serve" it right in the tiny dirty office, by the front desk.
Terrible experience

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Passport Inn 3rd Street? Share your experiences!