I am quite easy to please when I travel. I enjoy new places and experiences. I've stayed in many inexpensive motels that are very nice. This one is not.
I was traveling solo for this stay and decided to "wing it" by grabbing a coupon book from the NYS Thruway rest area. With the coupon, in January (decidedly the off season) my room was about $60. For that I'd expect a basic, clean room with decent furniture and decent service.
The service interaction I had was minimal; friendly if not very efficient. The room I had was a standard king room, no whirlpool, and I will agree the rooms are quite spacious. It would have been nice in all that empty space to have a table that would simultaneously hold my small laptop and the small tray with the ice bucket. But no. The table was the same size as our TV trays at home.
The bathroom was cramped because it's tucked into a corner. It was perfectly fine as far as furnishings. The door into the room left a gap at the bottom when closed so I tossed an extra pillow from the bed in front of it to stop the cold air from coming in. This was especially crucial because when I checked in the heat was off (no surprise, it's a wall unit like most motels, not expecting a pre-heated room). But the gap under the door coupled with the fairly weak wall heater meant my room was not warm the first hour I was in it -- it shouldn't take an hour to warm a motel room.
The room was clean, mostly. Again, January in upstate New York means I expect to find a little grit tracked in from the doorway from housekeeping entering the room. More upsetting is finding loose hairs in made-up bed and the tub (both of which were obviously cleaned, just... untidy).
Two things to seal the deal: game room and bed. I walked the property just to explore and poked my head in the game room, also where the vending machines are located. Literally falling apart. Vending machines inoperable, ceiling tiles missing or coming down. The optimist in me says they are remodeling for the tourist rush in the spring...
The bed, however, will prevent me from ever returning here. By far the worst, stiffest, flimsiest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in.
There are other inexpensive motels that do a better job than this.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge At The Falls North Hotel
- Econo Lodge At The Falls North Hotel Niagara Falls
- Econolodge Niagara Falls
- Econo Lodge Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Econo Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge at the Falls North, a Niagara Falls NY hotel, is near Niagara Falls and the Fashion Outlet Mall.Situated along Interstate 190, the Econo Lodge® at the Falls North is just minutes from the amazing Niagara Falls and many area attractions. Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, Seneca Niagara Casino and Casino Niagara are only minutes from this Spanish-style villa. This Niagara Falls, NY hotel is minutes from Martin's Fantasy Island amusement park, Clifton Hill entertainment and shopping promenade and the famous Skylon Tower, which offers spectacular views of the Falls. A free seasonal shuttle service is available to area attractions.Be sure to take a jet boat excursion, helicopter ride or Maid of the Mist boat ride to get an up-close look at the falls. Guests can also take a trip to MarineLand aquarium and theme park, the Aquarium of Niagara and the Cave of the Winds tours. Experience many wonderful area restaurants and browse the stores at the nearby outlet mall.This charming New York hotel offers amenities like a free deluxe continental breakfast including Belgian waffles, free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms and free coffee.Guests of this Niagara Falls, NY hotel can relax in the gazebo, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, while the kids discover the playground and game room.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like access to fax services, data port telephones in all rooms and voice mail.All guest rooms have hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with free HBO. For that special occasion, ask about rooms with hot tubs.Microwave and refrigerator rentals are offered. A laundry room, a gift shop and a picnic area are located on the premises for added convenience. We do offer a free seasonal trolley to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge at the Falls North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.