“Lovely owners, excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Hillcrest Inn
1 Hillcrest St, Niagara Falls, NY 14303   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely owners, excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

An easy walk to everything you want to see at the falls, inlcuding Canada, eliminating the hassle of transport or parking. My two girls and I stayed in the luxurious master suite. A large room, with bathroom, dressing room, private terrace overlooking the rapids and a canopy bed that my daughter wanted to take home. Great brekkie, including an innovative refreshing grapefruit sorbet. The owners, including young Indigo, gave that personal touch a true experience of meeting local people that you dont get in a big hotel. Agree with other travellers though that it is a must to visit the Canadian side of the falls, although it is a short walk over and you must experience Cave of the Winds to really experience the falls.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We choose Hillcrest Inn for its location and we were not disappointed. But the bonus was wonderful host and Staff. Cassidy could not do enough for us. If you like older houses,comfortable, lived in, and with great atmosphere then Hillcrest is for you.Breakfasts were interesting with Cassidy producing all kinds of nice goodies to start the day. Free internet was very useful,too. Goat Island and American Falls are only a short walk away. Even crossing to the Canadian side was easy. We walked over and up to Horseshoe Falls twice and drove over one day so that we could drive up to Niagara on the Lake and what a serendipity that was !! A really lovely old town with a wonderful Main Street. I can highly reccommend Hillcrest Inn.

Room Tip: Go for the Master bedroom with balcony as our room was a bit small.
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Good customer service, well informed hosts of the area attractions and very pleasant.

Unfortunately it could use some TLC inside and even just simple sweeping/dusting on outside sitting areas. The master bedroom which should have been the best was just okay, old things as in worn out, and didn't seem well aired; stuffy! No real view of the river because of the leaves on trees.
Breakfast is okay, the location is also okay.

Room Tip: Try the Giacomo hotel-good location, much closer to most entertainments and attractions in Niagara...
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had never been to see Niagara Falls and, as I was riding the Seaway Trail, stopping by for a look seemed like a good idea at the time. The American Falls are pretty impressive, but don't forget your passport like I did because everybody consistently says that the Canadian side has "better" falls, atmosphere, accommodations and dining. From what I could tell of Niagara Falls N.Y., they must be right: this town is my worst nightmare of tacky shops, chain hotels and restaurants and, the standard coup de grace- giant casino. Yikes! But then, there is also the Hillcrest Inn.

At first, I thought it was a mirage. There, on the fringe of this chaotic tourist blight, nestled on a small one-block, dead-end street surrounded by trees, just a stone's throw above the river, sits the Hillcrest Inn, totally unaffected it seems by the surrounding mayhem, the empty lots promising yet another low-end chain motel, the buses and pell mell of vendors. The public spaces are tastefully and comfortably furnished and you would think you were in a country house in Connecticut instead of where you really are. I was shown to my room on the second floor that was equally nicely furnished and comfortable with the world's smallest, but still functional, ensuite bathroom with shower. The WiFi worked.

I checked in early afternoon and literally sat in my room for an hour, decompressing and enjoying the atmosphere of the place. And hiding out too. Later on, I ventured out to walk around the town and find some dinner (lots of Indian restaurants) and you can pretty much walk to the Falls or anywhere else in this town from the Hillcrest without much effort. Best of all, you can always walk back to your sanctuary at the Hillcrest,

I left before dawn so didn't have the chance to enjoy the breakfast. I can safely conclude, though, that in the unlikely event that I ever return to Niagara Falls, N.Y., you will find me at the Hillcrest Inn. Happy Trails.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stay clear of the chain hotels in Niagara Falls, and book Hillcrest Inn you will not regret it! The B&B is located right by the Niagara River, and if you book the Mater room you will have your own balcony to relax and enjoy the beautiful nature. Cassidy is a fantastic host, and be sure to set a side an hour for breakfast! Its Incredible!

Thanks so much for a wonderful stay, if I will ever return to Niagara this will be my place to stay!

Room Tip: Take the Master! Its beautiful!
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Thank you to Hillcrest for a WONDERFUL anniversary stay!! My husband and I wanted to knock off a bucket-list item by staying in a bed and breakfast for our anniversary (while visiting Niagra Falls -- also on our bucket list) and boy did we pick a winner! Everyone was so sweet and tended to your every need. The breakfast dishes were out of this world! On our anniversary morning, they even set up a private breakfast for us. It was so sweet of them and very nice to have that added time alone with my husband. The night before our anniversary, we even walked back into our room after spending some time at the casino to a nice bottle of champagne for us to share. I'm not a champagne drinker but I even took seconds on that glass! It was DELICIOUS!! This trip somewhat spoiled me though as I don't feel like I could ever stay in a hotel room anymore! Thank you so so much to everyone at Hillcrest! You surely made our stay very "homey," warm, welcoming, and much much more!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite and absolutely LOVED it!! The view on the balcony was amazing and we h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hidden treasure overlooking the Niagara river.
Enjoyed the quiet setting with a magnificent view while our host Cassidy spoiled us with delicious breakfast fare.
The Hillcrest room has thick curtains so you can sleep in. We found the small shared fridge convenient for our restaurant take a way. The bathroom was spacious.
We look forward to staying at Hillcrest on future Niagara visits.

Room Tip: The Master suite has the best view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hillcrest Inn? Share your experiences!