“Very nice room and reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Bloomington,IN
“Very nice room and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed in this hotel overnight on our way to Canada. Room was very clean and bath was nice and updated. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

we did not want to keep finding parking spaces to go around nigara falls. the best option was this hotel which cam in a reasonable price and walking distance to the niagara falls and surrounding areas.

Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

They 1st tried to charge us nmore than we reserved the room. Good thing I had my printed reservation with correct rates. We had the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN on the door. We came back from being one all day and the sign was still there but thye came in the room and cleaned it. The stole all change on table about $5 and 3 $1 bills. Okay it is only $8.. the poin tis we had the do not distrurb bcz we like our privacy. The customer service their is terrible and the lady at the front desk barely speaks english.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We were returning to Michigan from Montreal with 3 puppies we bought from a breeder there. The holiday inn at Niagara Falls has a "pet friendly" policy with $50.00 fee for having a pet in your room. To be on the safe side I contacted the hotel directly to make the reservation and explained the situation. I said the puppies will enter the hotel in their crate, stay in the crate and leave in the crate. We won't let them loose in the room. The person I spoke to said "That's wonderful, can I play with the puppies when you arrive?" I said of course.

When we were checking in the manager came out and when she learned we had 3 puppies she said "You can't stay here with 3 puppies." I had just driven for 10 hours and was exhausted so I argued the point for ten minutes pointing out that I had phoned ahead to apprise them of the situation. Finally she said in a hostile tone of voice “OK but remember we have your credit card number" I replied that "Of course I would expect to be liable for any damages but there won't be any because the puppies won't be allowed out of their crate while in the room." "But she said if we get any complaints about noise from another room...." The threat of financial penalties left hanging in the air. Now I'm thinking what are they going to do, fine me if the puppies bark.

I went out and discussed the situation with my wife. I had never encountered such hostility from a hotel staff person in my life. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep in such a intimidating unfriendly environment. So I went back and said "You win we won't stay, just cancel the charges on my credit card. "She said it's too late to cancel you will be charged for the room." I said but you spent 10 minutes telling me we couldn't stay. What were you planning to do, refuse to rent me a room AND charge me for it anyway?" She simply reiterated that I would be charged for the room.

I now had no choice. Exhausted and upset I drove another seven hours and reached home in Michigan at 2 AM in the morning. I will of course dispute the charge with my credit card company. If you prefer hostility over hospitality try the Holiday Inn Express at Niagara falls (US side).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

When we got to our room we saw that we had no towels, the tissue box was empty and there wasn't a toilet paper holder so the t.p had to sit on the counter the whole time. Our key was made wrong so we had to get it redone. One morning they didn't put bowels out at breakfast, we were there for 20 min and only saw one staff member come out once to glance around. After the cleaning staff left we saw that they made the bed and emptied the trash but that was it. Nothing was straightened, nothing replaced or replenished, the dirty towels were still there and they left a stack of pillow cases on the desk. They charge an extra $20 a night for their cribs. Fortunately we had our own. The fridge was not stable so every time we opened it it fell and we had to shove it back into place. Overall it wasn't bad and I would stay there again but little things like that get annoying.

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my wife and baby. First of all, when we checked in they said the credit card was declined and asked for another one. On the same day the credit card was working fine for the same amount of money they needed, so i don't know for what they needed 2 credit cards?!. Second the fridge was not plugged in " we didn'tnow it", we put our son's milk in and we went out and by the time we came back it was already bad. "Check the fridge". The front desk said they will send somebody to check on this fridge which never happened. The room service was awful, they left us the detergents in the room, they didn't change bed sheet or towels or replace the coffee or put new plastic cups. They didn't even replace the trash bag, just emptied it. The room was fine, although one mattress was too soft. It is about 10 miles from the falls, the room has a slow internet which is not nice. The breakfast was Ok. The worst is that a key for another room could open mine and the front desk said that it didn;t, it was just that we didn't close our door well!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anybody.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Hotel staff is very friendly and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms are extremely clean, in fact the entire hotel is. The continental breakfast buffet is excellent and varies daily. We also appreciated the staff's concern that their guests enjoyed their stay.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!