“Awful Place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cleveland, Ohio
“Awful Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my wife and baby. First of all, when we checked in they said the credit card was declined and asked for another one. On the same day the credit card was working fine for the same amount of money they needed, so i don't know for what they needed 2 credit cards?!. Second the fridge was not plugged in " we didn'tnow it", we put our son's milk in and we went out and by the time we came back it was already bad. "Check the fridge". The front desk said they will send somebody to check on this fridge which never happened. The room service was awful, they left us the detergents in the room, they didn't change bed sheet or towels or replace the coffee or put new plastic cups. They didn't even replace the trash bag, just emptied it. The room was fine, although one mattress was too soft. It is about 10 miles from the falls, the room has a slow internet which is not nice. The breakfast was Ok. The worst is that a key for another room could open mine and the front desk said that it didn;t, it was just that we didn't close our door well!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anybody.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

Hotel staff is very friendly and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms are extremely clean, in fact the entire hotel is. The continental breakfast buffet is excellent and varies daily. We also appreciated the staff's concern that their guests enjoyed their stay.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Went up to Niagara Falls from Rochester for a show at the casino and some well deserved R&R. Choose the Holiday Inn because a family member had suggested and the internet showed decent reviews. The folks behind the desk were very courteous, staff checked up on me when I was in the workout room and asked if I needed anything, rooms were clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I brought my own large bath towels and pillows because most hotels I've stayed at both are paper thin. Did not even need to get them out of the car. Lots of big pillows and large bath towels. This is an important feature comfortwise when I travel. Did not see anything about our free continental breakfast though but that's okay, went out for a nice breakfast in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on a shopping trip. There is great shopping nearby. The outlet mall is maybe a 5 minute drive away. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and clean. The whole hotel seemed very clean actually. We stayed on a Wednesday night and the hotel was very quiet. There was lots of parking spaces and the parking is free. The complimentary breakfast consisted of a wider selection of food compared to most continental breakfasts at other hotels, however the food was just average. The cream that they had out for the coffee was expired. I had to ask for another carton. The flat screen t.v., microwave and fridge in our room was a nice touch, but the carpet seemed dated. The girl at the front desk was friendly and checking in and out was very quick. There are many run-down, shady motels in the area, so this place is definitely the nicest. We had a very pleasant stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

THIS ISSUE IS BEING DEALT WITH BY HOLIDAY INN CORPORATE IN CAROLINA. Strange experience at this hotel. The manager from the get go, was confrontational and certainly lacks people skills. She stared at me with a defiant glare, wihout saying a word when I questioned why my room was downgraded, finally she became defensive and seemed to make up an excuse that there was was a computer glitch and there were no rooms available ! The hotel was not even half full. The next day I heard her railing an employee in the elevator about not doing her job... infront of guests. The hotel is located in a run down, depressed area. Better to stay on the Canadian side it is amazing, or stay in another area I suggest Amherst or Orchard Park.
the pool is cloudy and too small I did not feel comfortable using it. The breakfast is terrible as everything was rubbery and the same shape and size, eg; eggs and bacon. I ended up eating at Denny's. I was glad to get out of this hotel and will never stay here again. Upon checkout I was stared at again without a word being spoken to me. Very odd.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We (2 adults, 2 children) stayed at this hotel for one night over Easter break. I'm a Priority Club member and used points for the stay. We found it a comfortable, enjoyable stay. The front desk was helpful, although not super friendly, but gave good suggestions and directions for restaurants. The fresh made cookies were very nice in the evening too. Our room was a suite, it was clean, with all the amenities we needed. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. The room was very nice and we were pleased. The breakfast was pretty good, although I would suggest fresh fruit be available. The breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast - cinnamon rolls, muffins, bagels, cereal, yogurt, juice, also cheese omelets and sausage patties. The staff kept it well stocked and tidy. The pool was small and rather cold, but it met our needs. Overall a nice stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Take photos when you arrive. Someone had been lying on one of our beds and the blanket was missing. Dark brown urine stains on toilet base, dusty room. IF YOU COMPLAIN BEWARE !! The manager gave us a dog charge fee of over $100 even though the dog slept in the car. Considering there are cameras in every hallway and exit door I asked to see the proof, of course she couldn't provide any. We realised this woman was dishonest and because we complained about the room it seemed like she was being vindictiv and greedy. I am a Priority Member and have used Holiday Inns extensively and always had a good experience. This hotel overall a BIG 0 !!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!