“Just right for our needs.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Arlington, Texas
“Just right for our needs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We booked a Standard Room and got a King Suite upon arrival at no request or additional charge. The room was great! We stayed 2 nights and after the 1st night, the in-room coffee and cups were not replaced. The front desk was very accomodating when asked for extra bedding and towels. The breakfast is complimentary and was sufficient. I think they use egg-beaters and the sausage & bacon were greasy but everything else was fine! The first morning, they ran out of 1/2 & 1/2 in the containers by the coffee. When I asked for some, I think it was the manager or owner who came out with a container of 1/2 & 1/2. She went to pour it into my cup and I tried to take the container myself to pour it and she wouldn't let go! It was kind of strange! I know I've said a few negative things but really, our stay was great and we would stay there again. Oh, and the pool is under construction. The only other negative is the location: everywhere outside of the park on the U.S. side of Niagara Falls is just run-down and crummy. This hotel is the newest and nicest in this area, in my opinion.

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed two nights. It was a new hotel which was very nice. Breakfast was good. Location was close enough to the FAlls to make it convenient. I recommend staying there.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Unfortunately for me, I learned "at the last minute" that one could not visit Canada unless one has specific identification (primarily a passport) instead of the previously accepted (before June 1) government ID, birth certificate, etc. so I had to cancel the reservation I'd made 2 months before and locate an alternate place to stay in the US. I selected the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites NIAGARA FALLS based on a couple of things: it was new and I'd often had positive experiences at Holiday Inns. I noted that the "pool is still under construction and is not available for guest use" but, since I was only visiting overnight, I didn't mind. The picture of the hotel on their Web site makes the place look lovely, but it is a gross overstatement. The parking lot and grounds are unkempt (I nearly tripped over a piece of vinyl siding that was laying near the front of the building.) I was greeted promptly when I entered the front door and I was pleased that the room was ready although I arrived a couple of hours before the official check in. The hotel did not seem busy, but I was assigned a room on the 4th floor near the end of the corridor, one room away from the vestibule where the vending machine and ice machines were located. The room was simple: 2 beds, a desk, desk chair, upholstered chair, dresser and a bench. The bathroom was clean but very austere. The area surrounding the hotel was somewhat depressed and, frankly, I did not feel comfortable. The hotel is on a busy street and an airport is across the street. The noise from the outside was not nearly as unsettling as the noise we encountered inside though. Since we were out most of the day and evening, we were very tired. We went to bed almost as soon as we returned to the room. We were slightly dozing when we heard some sort of loud noise outside outr door; it sounded like an alarm. In fact, it startled both of us so that we jumped up trying to figure what it was. Since the noise lasted about 30 (long) seconds, we figured it was an anomaly. Unfortunately, it was not since less than an hour later it went off again. My husband encountered another guest in the hall when he opened our door to see what was causing the noise but both of them were unable to pinpoint it because it stopped suddenly. I called the front desk to report the noise and the clerk seemed completely flummoxed and said she'd look into it. We went back to bed and, just after falling asleep again, the phone rang. Someone from the front desk was calling to inquire if our issue with a computer had been resolved. Since we never had any such issue, we were very angry to think that our sleep had been disturbed again (It was about 10:30 PM.) I advised my husband to calm down and try to return to sleep. Long story short: the noise continued intermittently throughout the night. We learned that it was a compressor that was often turning over. I was so tired, I managed to sleep fitfully 'til morning. However, my husband was fit to be tied when I awoke because he'd had very little sleep all night. He said each time he would begin to doze, the compressor went off again! Ir really was an outrageous situation. I cannot believe that the management was not aware of the problem. Furthermore, at the very least, our room should have been changed so that we were not exposed to the noise all night. When the desk clerk asked about our stay, we told her that it was awful! She was surprised to hear us report that and, after we relayed our tale of woe, she assured us that she'd let the manager know about our dissatisfaction. She made sure she had our contact info so that the manager could get in touch with us. Well, it is a week later and we have not heard anything (no phone call, no Email, no postal letter) from anyone. Our credit card was charged the full amount of our stay though so I suspect that management takes no responsibility for the poor service provided regarding the room we rented overnight.

The hotel is in an industrial area, located 7+ miles from Niagara Falls. Under no circumstances would I recommend this place to anyone. The service was sub-par and truly disappointing. Undoubtedly, one can locate a better choice.

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

This is one of the newly built or renovated Holiday Inn Express hotels. Everything is new and the rooms are of good size. The free breakfast was very good. I was hesitant to book since there were no reviews about the hotel anywhere. But was very happy with the stay and write a review. The staff were nice and very helpful. The hotel is about 10 minute drive (5 miles) to the falls.

Mo

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Kristina_Baird, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, June 10, 2009
Thanks for the good review Mr. Natesan! I remember you, because I remember teasing you that the owner of our hotel had the same first name as you! Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we really hope you had fun!

-Kristina

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!