“Stuck here for the holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
“Stuck here for the holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stuck here Christmas Day due to car rentals at Niagara airport closed for the day. This is the nearest hotel to Niagara airport; less than half mile and is less than 10 minutes walk across the street. However, on a snowy or rainy day, I recommend taking a taxi for $5.00 (taxi fare rate is $2.50 per 1/2 mile) especially if you have lots of baggage to lug around. We arrived a bit early for check in but was gladly admitted in; they had rooms available. Rooms are decent, basic, somewhat clean. I say "somewhat" because we saw hairs at the bed, pillow, and bathroom floor. The room is equipped with flat screen tv, small ref, and microwave. Linens are white, appear clean, but not crisp. Windows slide open (you can let fresh air in). Individual ac/heat. Bathroom is average size. Bathroom exhaust is thickly covered with dirt/lint ~ yuck, obviously vents hasn't been cleaned in a long time. My sons didn't think the pool water was inviting enough to jump in. Breakfast is typical Holiday Inn with their signature cinnamon buns; bacon, toast, cereal. Eggs were unedible - people were throwing them away. The breakfast attendant was scary to approach; need to realize its the hospitality industry and therefore need to smile be more pleasant. Lastly, driveway needs to be salted, shoveled, plowed. Overall, stay was good!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were in the Buffalo/Niagara region again on a Christmas shopping rip for 2 days from
Dec. 11-13 2013. We had a great stay at this hotel. Our suite was well equipped with fridge,
Microwave, 2 queen size beds(which were very comfortable). The room was clean...the staff were
very helpful . The breakfast was included and it was first class..with choices of hot eggs,pancakes,
Potatoes, bacon..and sausage. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Remsen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I reserved this site in Niagara Falls as I had an appointment the next day early on weekday in December 2013 at a business at the NF airport not far away. I did notice a printed note on the entry way doors that no public bathrooms were available which seemed a bit odd but I do remember one review mentioned an issue with this before. No issues at check-in but my key cards wouldn't open my room door. Fortunately I had gone up to my room without getting my luggage first. Returned to the front desk and the young woman said she had coded the wrong room number on the card. Back to the room which proved to be nice. I had booked on the Holiday Inn website and requested an upper floor room near the end of the hall - hoping for a quiet room. My room 302 turned out to be at the end of the hall adjacent to the stairwell. The room was clean, comfortable with a king bed and a decent size bathroom. Fridge, microwave, coffeemaker were there as well. Free internet -but I forgot my laptop. Everything seemed to work as expected. I slept well mostly. Next morning about the time I was going to wake up anyway I heard some heavy footed person bounding down the stairs from the fourth floor to the first floor. A little later I heard them again - or perhaps another person. Rooms ending in 02 might want to be avoided for this noise reason. No outside noise noticed by me. I did use the 2nd floor fitness room which had an elliptical, treadmill and a stationary bike and that was it. I used the elliptical and treadmill - both seemed a bit worn needing some routine maintenance/lubrication - but they were functional. On the next morning I tried the pool which had posted hours of 9AM to 10PM. Not sure why it can't be open earlier as I did try the door about 7:30AM and was able to get in. No staff person turned the lights on at 9AM as there was a locked light switch requiring a key to turn them on. I noticed the pool room had an unpleasant odor which was hard to define but it wasn't bad enough to keep me out. The water didn't appear crystal clear but my swim was fine and water temperature was good. They have one computer in a cubby hole off the lobby for customers to use. I had problems accessing the internet and after a couple visits I decided to clear the browsing history and cookies and then I was able to get onto the internet. Breakfast in the morning was good with yogurt, pre-made omelets, and other continental fare. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Avoid room numbers ending on 02 which are at one end of hall and adjacent to stairs which may be a b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hebron, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just returned from a three day stay . Thought it was still pricey after supposedly having a good rate for a hockey team staying there. Rooms were clean and roomy, not sure I liked the floors without carpet (though it crossed my mind that it may be much cleaner that way), bed was comfortable, but had a hard time figuring out the faucet in the tub/shower. Heating unit keep room extremely hot regardless of how much I tried to regulate the temperature. Other family members were staying in next room and stated the walls were very thin since they could hear me moving around, showering, flushing the toilet. Was very close to the places we needed to be and close enough to the Canadian border for quick visits. Did have a wonderful dinner in the restaurant and found the breakfast food satisfying. Ice machines did not work on all floors. I was staying on the second floor and had to go up to the sixth floor to find ice, Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Staff was wonderful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Trudy M,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was very pleased to read that you were impressed with the staff service you received. I am sorry your experience with the room accommodations and hotel amenities was not everything that you would have desired. It is through feedback such as yours that we can improve our service and facilities. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just stayed here a few days ago and would highly recommend it! Great location clean and a spacious room. We have no complaints and staff were great! Would definitely stay here again! It can be a little pricey at times which has prevented me from choosing this hotel but it is worth paying a little extra.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

After reading the reviews we were pleasantly surprised. We used our points, the person at the front desk was friendly and had everything ready to go. The room was clean, we didn’t find any bugs. The pool was clean, the fitness center was adequate. Breakfast was better than expected, the hotel changed it from day to day, nice touch. We enjoyed our stay, note there is nothing close by so you should have a car. I checked on the cost of a cab to the falls and was told it would be five dollars. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the Hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Acton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Pros:
- No carpeting on the floors
- Modern look (minus the curtains and aspects of the bathroom)
- Good size
- Good price and decent location
- I like the fast checkout option

Cons:
- I found it very dry at night
- Beds weren't very comfy; didn't sleep well
- Rooms weren't sound proofed, could hear everything in the hallway

Room Tip: Make sure you get non-smoking since Canadian's aren't used to the terrible smell from a smok...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear mrswardo,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your candid feedback regarding our hotel location and easy check out. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that we failed to meet your expectation with regarding to the quality of our rooms' sound proofing and bedding collection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!