“Just what we needed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
Acton
“Just what we needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Pros:
- No carpeting on the
floors
- Modern look (minus the curtains and aspects of the bathroom)
- Good size
- Good price and decent location
- I like the fast checkout option

Cons:
- I found it very dry at night
- Beds weren't very comfy; didn't sleep well
- Rooms weren't sound proofed, could hear everything in the hallway

Room Tip: Make sure you get non-smoking since Canadian's aren't used to the terrible smell from a smok...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear mrswardo,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your candid feedback regarding our hotel location and easy check out. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that we failed to meet your expectation with regarding to the quality of our rooms' sound proofing and bedding collection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Niagara Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel was very good service was excellent the location allowed us to go to outlet and other shopping centres further down
Also the casino was only 15 mins away which was also convenient
I would be happy to stay at this hotel again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast buffet includes fresh pancakes, warm cinnamon buns, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, muffins, cereal, toast, fruits, coffee, tea, milk. Upon checking in at night there were chocolate chip cookies. You can get hot tea/coffee in the lobby 24/7. The pool was fine. No hot tub. Rooms are spacious and clean. No complaints. Friendly service. Good value. Close to fashion outlets and falls and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Holiday Inn Express is value for money, it gives you a comfortable stay and does not expend on too many frills. However, it is well located and the rooms are clean and overall it is a good option on the American side of the falls. Was ther in summer of 2011.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Karanbir B

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and to Stay Smart with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We do feel we are one of the best located hotels in Niagara Falls and do take great pride in running a clean property. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
Joplin, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

the manager in this Hotel is VERY rude and thinks she knows more about your Credit card and bank than you do ie: She told me that only 30.00 would be put on my CC and then taken off as soon as I paid in cash which is what I wanted to do. But while going to my car my Bank alerted me that I had 146.84 charged to my CC and that was not what I had expected. I told the manager of my charge and she began to argue with me and tell me no it did not charge my card when it had. I have text alerts on my account and it tells me every time I charge over a certain amount and then also tells me my balance so I knew what I was talking about. At check out I paid in cash and expected to have my CC credited back well it wasn't. I was told by management that it would be back in one day. I had to literally go find a branch of my bank in that area and have them take care of it after 5 days with no credit back on my card. Anyway I am still waiting to hear from the upper management on this and it has been 3 days since calling them. I would not stay here again if they keep that manager on that site. There was also a black hair on the bed we found the next day and management did not care. She did not say anything to me about it she acted like she did not hear us!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear taxgirlLA,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Ashley patiently gave us directions, suggestions regarding rainy day fun and restaurant ideas including directions. The hotel was clean and located convenient to where we were going. There was a nearby mall, movie theater as well as the falls. We were very happy with our stay and will stay again if the service and cleanliness stay the same.

• Stayed October 2013
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I made reservation with Priceline.com without knowing what hotel I would end up with. When info came back I was booked at Holiday Inn Express, which was fine, they usually give great service. I read in Priceline that to secure room type you want you need to call and request ahead of time-which I did twice. Both times I was told that it shouldn't be a problem. So naturally I logged onto trip advisor to check out hotel and check reviews. I was confused..some reviews where good but some where bad. Most bad reviews centered around the attitude of the hotel staff. I read ALOT of the reviews but what really concerned me was the response from the hotel. It seemed that any negative review was then attacked in return by hotel representative. However, it was too late the room was paid.

We arrived at check in on time. I mentioned that I had called to request 2 double beds and she mentioned I had spoke to her regarding the request. She then said that it was an additional
$20 a night for the change. I told her what priceline contract stated but was told it was hotel policy. I then told her I would pay additional $20 fo 1st nite but would like to contact Priceline to talk to them. The girl agreed, my card was run but just before I was given the key an older Indian woman who had been listening off to the side approached the counter and asked what was going on. The young attendent looked scared to death. I assumed she was management and explained that I wanted to check situation with Priceline. She told me that the additional $20 was required to stay. I said fine I had paid it but had read reviews regarding this hotel doing this to many other guests and wanted to check policy. She than became crazy..she drew an "X" through contract told the frightened front desk girl to cancel my reservation that I MUST leave her hotel. I was shocked...we were just having a conversation there where no raised voices, no swearing, no disturbance whatsoever. At that moment I knew who responded to bad reviews..I was looking at her.

I said she couldn't do that I had already paid both priceline and the hotel I had hundreds of dollars wrapped up in this weekend and it being Fri wouldn't see any refund for days. At counter I called Holiday Inn hot line and recalled what had happened to representative. The woman I spoke with was shocked and kept appologizing on behalf of Holiday Inn. She put me on hold and called hotel to talk to management (she got the older Indian woman). When representative came back on she apologized again told me she was going to send memo of hotels behavior but that the woman said I was belligerent and disrupting and she would not allow me to?!?? I told Rep that was a complete lie she said she understood and then did something amazing she deep discounted our stay at the Holiday Inn on the falls. It was a beautiful room on 6th floor in a full service hotel (great staff and amazing pool). THANKS AGAIN!

Before leaving original hotel I called priceline to discuss problem. They were also amazing:, they listened to what had happened the gentlemen then called the hotel and spoke to the same woman. When he came back on the line he offered me a total refund (which they usually don't do) mentioned that there was definite problems at that property and said he would send email up chain of command to let them know. I can't thank them enough for their great customer service.

Bottom line....read reviews (especially what the hotel's response is), be aware that not all people in hospitality industry are hospitable or should be in industry and for every one crazy person there are two that know hospitality.

Room Tip: Stay on Canadian side...better value…better location.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear tripingalong,

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and concerns online. We highly value opinions and feedbacks as this assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves.

We read with much concern the troubles you had during your visit. We deeply regret the inconvenience the situation has caused you and apologize for the poor service you received from our staff regarding your reservation. Our goal is to ensure that all our guests leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all their requests, therefore, we are sincerely concern when we fall short of your expectations.

Guest comfort is of utmost importance to us and we always strive to provide the best accomodation, as such, your comments will definitely be taken into consideration for improvements where possible. We appreciate your feedback as this is our primary source in improving our guest services. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!