“Peace and quiet at a Natural Wonder” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Peace and quiet at a Natural Wonder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I planned a trip to Niagara Falls, not knowing that we had to have a passport these days, to enter Canada and return to the States. By the time we found that out, we could not get one soon enought, so we had to stay on the American side. The Holiday Inn Express is 7 miles from the falls, which is great because you can get away from the hustle and bustle around the falls, but be there in about 10 minutes when you want to go. The falls are very easy to get to from this motel. When we arrived, expedia had gotten our name wrong, and there was no reservation for us. We had booked a king room. and all kings were sold. They offered us a room with 2 double beds, but since we had paid for a king, I really wanted a king room! I am not one to cause a big scene over a mistake, which was not the motel's fault in the first place. So we reluctantly agreed to take the room with two double beds. The desk clerk, Tammy, called expedia and let me talk to them. They told me they would get us a king at another property, but the only available properties with a king were in Canada. So I hung up from talking with them and told Tammy we would take the other room with the two double beds. She said she would take care of us, and gave us a king room with a two person jacuzzi for the same price! She was very nice and accommodating. The stay was excellant, very clean, good breakfast, great staff. Tammy went out of her way to make our stay the best it could be! Would highly recommend this property if you plan a visit to the Niagara Falls area!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. We were in Niagara Falls overnight to do some shopping. The front desk people were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We were in Room 224 and the wifi wasn't working. A young man came up to help us but nothing could be done. He thinks it's because the exercise room was right across the hall from our room. If you want to use the computer you'll have to go to the lobby and use the one in the little conference room there. The cookies available at the front desk were delicious and a nice touch. The breakfast was bountiful in selection. I loved the pancakes made from that super machine! Next shopping trip we'll be back!

Room Tip: Perhaps avoid Room 224 if you want internet access.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This property is located near the Niagara Falls Airport, some distance away from the ultra busy Niagara Falls tourist area. We had a nicely furnished suite with double queens and a convertible couch, which worked out well for the 3 of us.
Although we called for reservations the day before our arrival and the online reservation system showed the property was fully booked, I called the hotel directly. I spoke with Mandy, who was very accommodating and could meet our needs exactly, relative to accommodations and pricing.
The inn is well maintained and well equipped. The full breakfast offers a larger variety than most Holiday Inn Express Inns I've stayed at. The "minder" of the breakfast bar is ever present and keeps everything up to snuff.
We had several special requests during our stay which Mandy met and exceeded. She was a very positive force there.
Upon our arrival, we noticed an agent at the inn offering tour packages of the popular sights in the area with pick up and drop off at the hotel. We signed up and the 5 hour tour on a small bus (12 of us) and outstanding guide was excellent. Mandy extended our checkout time until after the return of the tour at 2pm.
Staying at this property off the busiest driving area and taking the offered tour was a great decision, which I wholeheartedly recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night during our outlet shopping excursion. The front desk staff were not very polite in the sense of greeting us upon our arrival, they seemed pre-occupied, but outside of that, the room itself was very clean and the bed comfortable, breakfast in the morning was ok, had better at Hampton. Location to Fashion outlets was excellent, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear CruiserJoe

Thank you for your recent stay and I would like to apologize for our staff not giving you a warm greeting upon arrival. We pride ourselves in the hospitality training of our staff and I have had a word to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

We are conveniently located near the Outlet Centre and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went there to pick up our puppy nearby and stayed there. We had the biggest suite for almost $500 a night. Since we are traveling with a child, we had limited choice. Average 3 stars hotel, it's close to where we need to be, not too sure how close it is to Niagara Falls though. It was kind of packed when we got there, so maybe it is a popular hotel? Anyway, not planning to return there in any time soon, so for one night it was alright.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear FamilyofthreeXH

Summer is peak season for Niagara Falls and our rates are right in line with the rest of the market. We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future in a time that is not peak so you arent swayed by the peak season rates. Thank you.
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Niagara Falls. My experience was not good at all. While the rooms were standard and clean, the service, or lack of was lacking. I booked this hotel on-line and made a mistake by booking not two rooms, but three. I did not realize my mistake until we checked into the hotel. The Manager there told me that because I booked this on-line, that there was nothing she could do to credit me for the extra room. She even said we could use all three rooms! When I asked what other options I had to to fix the issue, she said I needed to call the 1-800 number on my reservation confirmation. Well, I did just that...and guess what? They told me (after over 20 minutes on the phone) that only the Manager/owner of the property could rectify the issue. Being as it was late at this point, I went down to the desk the next morning. Same Manager...and told her the story. No apology. She then went on to say that the owners did not give her the authority to fix issues like these. She didn't offer to contact them, so I asked about options, as the hotel was not full and even though I made the mistake, that there should be some way that we could work this out. She proceeded to ask me for my contact information and said she would get back to me by phone in a couple of days. Here I am 6 days later and no call! I realize this was my mistake, but it isn't like I was a no call no show. I am appalled by the lack of follow through from this hotel and it's managment. I would not recommend anyone staying there at all, just because of the poor service. I had a completely different experience at the next Holiday Inn Express I stayed at, so this is not to say the chain is an issue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear METravellerMaine

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. It would be nice if you had given the whole story in your review instead of trying to post a negative review based on your mistake.

You made a booking that is an advance purchase which guarantees the lowest rate possible. It states EXPLICITLY when making this reservation that there will be no cancellations allowed under this type of booking. I know for a fact that IHG customer service informed you of the same fact and sided with the hotel in this dispute. It is akin to signing a contract when making this type of booking so I suggest that next time you read the rules associated with any reservation before giving a poor score to a hotel based on your mistake.
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

There are two Holiday Inns on the American side of Niagara Falls. We thought we were staying at the one close to the falls so were a bit bummed when we noticed how far away this one was (about 15 minutes by car). However, the staff was very nice and informed us that the hotel is the newest on the American side.
The rooms were spacious and clean, the free breakfast had a lot of choices and the breakfast staff was amazing. Even for people who showed up late, he made sure to bring them some oatmeal, a muffin or get them some fruit. Have not seen such good customer service in a long time!
There are plenty of restaurants close by and the Outlet Mall is only a short drive.
For us, this hotel worked out perfectly despite not being right by the falls.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Jultie

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We take great pride in running a clean hotel with friendly staff and are glad it showed during your stay.

While we are not located in downtown Niagara Falls, most people prefer our location because we are closer to the shopping and restaurant row of Niagara Falls. Downtown Niagara Falls can be a bit unsafe in certain areas and we are only a short drive away from the parks.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thanks.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!