“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 48 hotels in Niagara Falls
New Delhi, India
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

we stayed here for one night with a tour but it was nice and comfortable like a usual holiday inn express. nothing more to expect. met their usual standards. the iron in the room was not working but they changed it and the toiletries were better quality than other holiday inn express.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Sakkhi

Thank you for the positive review and your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls. We are glad you enjoyed your stay as we strive to operate a clean, well maintained property. I do apologize for the iron not working and hope that the staff were prompt in addressing your needs.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I did a LOT of research and contemplated staying downtown within walking distance of the Falls National Park instead of out near the airport. However, I decided after reading other reviews to go with this location. I was not disappointed. The SHORT drive to the falls attractions was worth the benefits = free parking, free breakfast (slightly limited compared to some HIExpress I have stayed in), fridge in room (complete with freezer), kitchen table with chairs, sofa, two suitcase stands.

I also was glad we stayed in this area because there were so many more options for meals - whether going to a grocery store or eating at a restaurant - of different levels. After spending time by the falls and struggling to find a place to eat other than foodcart or ethnic cuisine in downtown NIagara, I was really glad we could drive back to the hotel and find so many food options.

Room was super clean and bathroom looked recently renovated. Common areas were well maintained and the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. We used the safety deposit box at the front desk without problems. Staff always friendly as we entered and exited property. Felt car was safe in parking lot. Pool was a little small but we were too busy to use it.

I booked using Priority Rewards points so can't comment on price/value. The staff did recognize my loyalty with a free upgrade to a suite and bottled water.

Room Tip: We faced the highway but it was still VERY quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Sirius72

Thank you for the staying with us and the positive review. Most guests unfamiliar with Niagara Falls want to stay downtown but are disappointed with the supporting retail and F&B options. We are less than a 10 minute drive and are ideally located next to the more established commercial area of Niagara Falls. I am glad that the staff provided superior customer service as we do take great pride in going above and beyond for our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you.
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Holiday Inn Express was awesome. The room was comfortable, breakfast was great, staff was helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel. What I would also recommend is steer clear of Expedia. They booked me with substandard motel because they claimed the room we wanted at the Holiday Inn was not available. Expedia then led me to believe it would be very difficult for me to find a room anywhere and set me up in an inferior motel at twice the price. They refused to refund my money even though we never used the room. The inferior hotel agreed to cancel the reservation (3 hours after I made it) but EXPEDIA would not. Therefore I paid $363 for a room I never used. I only paid $209 for my room with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear KTand CBT

Thank you for your recent stay and positive review our of property. We have a wonderful staff who love to go out of their way to help customers and are glad this was on display during your stay. As for Expedia, we have many guests who have had similar experiences. Always better to book directly with the hotel as you have a bit more flexibility.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My young daughters and I stayed here for three nights. We were pleasantly surprised to find the hotel clean and quiet with a courteous staff (but for the guy at breakfast). Although we saw several families with small children, we didn't hear any of them and were surprised each morning at breakfast, at how many people were actually staying there.

The pool was gross with murky blue water, but there were plenty of towels and it wasn't crowded.

Driving down Niagara Falls Blvd., where we had never been made me extremely anxious. Think really poor, really run-down series of strip malls.

I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and only stayed there because we couldn't find anything else that seemed nicer. What a surprise to find this relatively clean and quiet oasis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sandi R

Thank you for recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We are pleased you decided to take a chance on the Holiday Inn Express and the IHG brand. We pride ourselves in running a clean property and I do apologize for the pool water. I have asked our maintenance man to look into exactly what happened during your stay.

We are happy you decided to give the Express brand a chance and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you.
Wellington, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It has taken me over two weeks to write this review but wanted to take this opportunity to thank the management and personnel of this hotel for our short but wonderful stay here. The hotel is very clean, not to far from the Falls, if you don't want to drive they provide you with a complimentary pass for a bus that will take you right to the American park next to the falls, customer service was very efficient and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Daylie

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We take great pride in running a well kept property and also are proud of our great staff. I am glad you recognized these on your recent visit. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to being your preferred destination in Niagara Falls.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night while visiting Niagara Falls, and found it a very comfortable stay. All the staff were super friendly and helpful, the room very clean and comfortable, and it was very reasonably priced compared to many of the more central hotels... but this meant I incurred other costs. I wasn't driving while in town so had to rely on taxis, and here's a rundown of my expenses:

To get from the hotel to Niagara railway station, it's going to cost you around $18 - $20 each way, and to get to Niagara Falls, it's going to cost you around $30 - $35 each way.

So that's money you could spend on a better hotel which was within walking distance to the falls - although some of the hotels around the centre of Niagara are ridiculously expensive and so you could still end up saving money here, taxis and all - especially when you consider breakfast is included here.

That said, if you ARE driving, this hotel is a really good option. The drive to Niagara Falls is around 10 - 15 minutes and there's plenty of parking at the hotel.

Back to the room - pretty big in size, very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, TV with plenty of channels, ironing board and iron, in-room safe etc - everything you want. The only curious thing is that the curtains didn't pull and were just strips of cloth for show, so if you really depend on black out curtains then this isn't a great place to sleep as you'll have street lights coming in your room. The hotel also has a gym and a pool, but I didn't check them out.

One other downside, however, is that there really isn't much around this hotel in terms of restaurants etc, especially if you are walking. Again, if you're driving then you won't have a problem.

One final word of warning - take advice from the hotel staff when booking cabs. I booked a cab myself for an early morning via a firm I found on Yelp and was picked up by a shady dude who tried to sting me for $30 for an $18 ride - he said he only did 'fixed rate' journeys. Unfortunately for him, he then said he didn't have any change when I handed him $40, so I said he would have to make do with $20.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
HIENFMgmt, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Mendoza UK

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We take great pride in running a well kept property and also are proud of our great staff. I am glad you recognized these on your recent visit. While we are not located directly by the Falls, many guests chose our property because we are located closer to the Outlet Mall, airport and the restaurant row of Niagara Falls. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to being your preferred destination in Niagara Falls.
Binghamton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was in town for a quick business trip a few weeks ago. Not within walking distance of the falls, if you are looking for that, but convenient to the interstate and other necessities. Also near the Niagara Falls Airport, which is convenient if you are using the facility. You can also hear some noise from the airport, but not too bad. One of the nicer hotels I have stayed in in Niagara Falls. Great amenities, a servicable breakfast, clean updated room, and a decent television selection. I didn't use the pool, but a lot of people seemed to be. Very friendly and helpful employees. Will definitely stay again if I need a hotel on the American side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear IzZzalot

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!