“Disturbingly disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Newburgh
Vestal, New York, United States
“Disturbingly disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting. So dirty my socks were BLACK from walking on the carpets and there were spiders in our room. Asked to have our maid clean the tub in our room which had hair from whoever stayed before, and it was never taken care of. Front desk man was very nice, we asked to stay in a quiet area of the hotel and that was fulfilled nicely. Halls were smokey but our room was not. Overall it was so dirty we would never stay there again. And to the management who will write back to this saying "we would have switched your room" with all the other negative reviews saying the same thing, how did we know our next room wouldn't be worse? My advice: fix the problems people are telling you about and simply "switching rooms" for people doesn't cut it.

• Stayed May 2013
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I thank you for your comments and for bringing these things to my attention. We will be working on all of the mentioned issues with the housekeeping department so this is not a problem again.

regards,

Ms. Luba

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here last December 2012. The staff was pleasant, but this was far and away the most vile, sour, moldy smelling room I have ever stayed in. I was too exhausted to drive anywhere else that would accept my dog. This was the first time I have ever not left a tip for housekeeping, it was atrocious. Black mold on the 'bedroom' wall nearest the bathroom, black mold in the bathroom, candy wrappers behind the chair, dirt on the mattress, human hair on the sheets, a large build up of dirt and hair under the desk. You just felt dirty being in the room period, this filth happened over a long period of time. I slept in my clothes on top of the blanket and got up earlier than planned just to get out of here. What a colossal waste of money. How can a room this filthy go unchecked? I can't imagine any human being with the ability to smell and see not complaining about this room, or maybe they were just as tired as me. Shame on me for not immediately reporting the room to the manager. But again I was tired and the entire wing where my room was had the same sour-ish moldy/mildew smell so I was under the assumption they were all just as bad.
Do *NOT* stay here. Ever.

Room Tip: Go to another motel or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I read your reveiw and I am very surprised that you had stayed here back in December 2012 and that you are just writing about this now. Nothing was ever brought to the attention of the front desk regarding anything concerning your room while you were here or at checkout. If this room was as bad as you say it would of been imperative to bring this to the attention of the front desk and even myself. The old saying goes "if you see something please say something" and in this way it gives us a chance to first accommodate you as our guest and then inverstigate and correct th problem

Best regards,

Luba P.
West Boylston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel staff were very accomodating. The room had a strong perfumed odor and smelled of cigarette smoke. I had requested a non-smoking room. The parking lot was a very active place well into the early hours of the morning. Some of the activity was highly offensive. On the last night of our stay I encountered a large millipede or something like it which was disconcerting. I will arrange other occomodations next time I visit this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Newburgh? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Newburgh

Address: 1287 Route 300, I-84 Exit 7S, Newburgh, NY 12550
Location: United States > New York > Newburgh
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Newburgh
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Newburgh 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Newburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Newburgh Hotel Newburgh
Newburgh Super Eight
Newburgh Super 8
Super Eight Newburgh

If you own or manage Super 8 Newburgh, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.