“Terrible experience - hope others avoid it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Colonel Hayden House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newburgh
Colonel Hayden House
You added Colonel Hayden House to your Saves list
Balmville rd., Newburgh, NY 12550   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Newburgh B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Terrible experience - hope others avoid it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I booked a reservation for three rooms at the Colonel Hayden House (a B&B) in Newburgh, NY in September 2007 (necessary to do far in advance of travel due to space available around the West Point graduations) and made the requisite deposit ($648). The arrival dates and stay duration were confirmed via email by the innkeeper - Shar Everlith. In the late winter/early spring of 2009, I endeavored to contact Shar to discuss arrival times, etc to no avail....she could not be contacted by email or phone (told by phone company the line was disconnected). I then sent my grandson, the graduating cadet up to Newburgh to see if anyone could be contacted at the facility. He reported back that it apparently was no longer in business and was abandoned. Accordingly, I made alternative reservations (Marriott's Fairfield Inn) and used them 20-24 May. On return home there was a message on my answering machine from Shar - the innkeeper asking if I was still coming to the Colonel Hayden House on 27 May. I called and discussed the whole episode with her....she asked that I send her copies of the corresponddence - which I did the same day. She promised to "make it right" with me....have not heard from her since..and she refuses to respond to my phone calls. The B&B association tells me that they have had similar complaints and suggested I contact the Newburgh BBB. I am writing this review in hopes that others can avoid my situation.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

1 review from our community

Been to Colonel Hayden House? Share your experiences!