“seeing improvements” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newark
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“seeing improvements”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

stayed here last Memorial day weekend and whole stay was a big disappointment, especially for the cost.
This year's stay was a HUGE improvement- it seems to be more than surface improvements too. Yes the lobby is very nice, but my room was clean and everything worked including internet. Check in was quick and the pool was clean.
no one showed up to clean the room on the second night but they did call to check on if we needed it and brought extra towels. We ate in the restaurant the first night- service was very slow- one hostess/waitress (same person) and we had a party of 13 plus there was another large party there. No kids menu was available. The next morning the free continental breakfast was average.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lockport, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Upon arriving to the hotel the first thing you check is your TV for some background music, well I myself LOVE to get up and use the buttons on the TV, and they must have known for the remote was broken and not functional (that was sarcasm if you didn't catch that), that night as with most nights I popped on League of Legends to play with my friends (an online game), about 30 minutes in and the internet completely lagged out from perfect connection, to NO connection, not even a browser page would load, I had to reboot my own PC to fix this as disconnecting and reconnecting to the wireless network did nothing. The breakfast the following day was also barely decent, the french toast was cold in a warming tray, the coffee tasted like it had been sitting there since the breakfast began and not changed at ALL, the food was being eaten quickly but not refilled nearly to fulfill this demand. Overall my experience here is not worth the money I pay to stay here, and I'd rather try a different hotel chain from now on, I would advise you to do the same. (Also please notice I did not report anything bogus such as theft of items or being assulted, this is all true and 100% accurate at what you might expect from a quality inn, I'm not saying this is EVERY quality inn, but it could very well be the same case in one you are going to stay in, please look into other choices before deciding on quality inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Newark hotels

Long Island, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel was in a good location for my visit to the area (Hydesville Memorial) but I would not stay again. When I arrived the first room that I was given hadn't been made up. I got another room and the electricity went out in the bathroom. The hotel shows it's age. Shabby and I think that there was white (cat?) hair in the capret. The flat screen was on it's last legs. The pool was open and in good shape. The continental breakfast was decent though I only go a free coupon for one day while I was staying for two days. The front desk staff are pleasant enough but seem worn out (and they all appear to be early 20's..). Bedspreads were stained and had holes in them. You do get a clean microvave and mini fridge..which is nice.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Lockport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I came in February and it is definitely the off season - Hardly anyone was here and walking down the halls made me feel like I was in a scene from the Shining. Pool is closed, restaurant/bar is closed, fitness center is closed and there were 3 other cars in the parking lot besides mine. Maybe with these things up and running the hotel would be a little better. No sign of bed bugs and I think people are a little too hyped up about them - one little dot on a bed and people panick. I would worry about the sore back from the thin mattress a lot more. Bathroom was gross and needs updating - the toilet seat is chipped and you can see the wood in it and the drop ceiling is rusted. No one cleaned my room after the first night and I left the second. I didn't put my clothes in the dresser because the drawers were stained. The hotel had kind of a damp smell to it just because its old. There are some positives - room was a good size and had a microwave, fridge, and new flat screen TV, but they need to do a little more updating to the place. Staff was friendly and the free breakfast was actually surprisingly good with a bunch of options. If I had to I would stay again just because of the total lack of options in the immediate area, but if another hotel opened up nearby I would stay there or consider a drive to Geneva or Victor only about 20 minutes away with much more options. Also, I don't think of Newark when I think of the Finger Lakes - if you're looking for a Finger Lakes vacation this is out of the way. I got a reduced rate but the rack rate seems a little high for this place.

Room Tip: Request room with new TV and fridge.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Shoreline CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I do not know where to start, this place is a DUMP and the only name hotel in town, I read that there were bed bugs here, then checked the bed bug registry and did not see any reports filed, I checked in and inspected the mattress, headboard and picture frames, did not see any evidence of bed bugs. My sister joined me there and we spent 2 nights. On the second morning, my sister got up and pointed at a little bug and said what is that. I pulled back the sheets, there were 2 more...DO NOT STAY HERE. We spent the next several hours, bagging up our things, going to the pharmacy to buy bed bug spray and researching what to do...We wound up buying new outfits and either washing for throwing out everything we had with us.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Brantling Ski Area. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was clean and smelled OK. Not a lot of traffic noise, yet found some garbage under the bed. Not a big deal, and would most likely return for the skiing next year.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Came to NY to visit Family and thought we would give it a try after hearing that it underwent renovations. We were surprised at how much the rooms were, and they were dirty and smelled damp. We had to wait a few minutes to get a room due to the fact that the Lady at the desk was on the phone, and wouldn't acknowledge us. We decided to eat at the Restaraunt, had a rude little waitress and waited 45 minutes for food that was horrible and over priced. We decided later in the evening to get a cocktail at the pub, and I tell you, the Baetender had the mouth of a sailor and was rude, and couldn't even make a drink. My wife and watched as the Bartender served the Waitress we had Alcohol, and we knew she wasn't of age. We asked the Bartender about wines and she pointed to a shelf and walked away. I would not recommend staying here,eating here or even drinking here.The staff is rude and mouthy,and the Hotel is run down and dank

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Quality Inn Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!