“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newark
Lockport, New York
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I came in February and it is definitely the off season - Hardly anyone was here and walking down the halls made me feel like I was in a scene from the Shining. Pool is closed, restaurant/bar is closed, fitness center is closed and there were 3 other cars in the parking lot besides mine. Maybe with these things up and running the hotel would be a little better. No sign of bed bugs and I think people are a little too hyped up about them - one little dot on a bed and people panick. I would worry about the sore back from the thin mattress a lot more. Bathroom was gross and needs updating - the toilet seat is chipped and you can see the wood in it and the drop ceiling is rusted. No one cleaned my room after the first night and I left the second. I didn't put my clothes in the dresser because the drawers were stained. The hotel had kind of a damp smell to it just because its old. There are some positives - room was a good size and had a microwave, fridge, and new flat screen TV, but they need to do a little more updating to the place. Staff was friendly and the free breakfast was actually surprisingly good with a bunch of options. If I had to I would stay again just because of the total lack of options in the immediate area, but if another hotel opened up nearby I would stay there or consider a drive to Geneva or Victor only about 20 minutes away with much more options. Also, I don't think of Newark when I think of the Finger Lakes - if you're looking for a Finger Lakes vacation this is out of the way. I got a reduced rate but the rack rate seems a little high for this place.

Room Tip: Request room with new TV and fridge.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Shoreline CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I do not know where to start, this place is a DUMP and the only name hotel in town, I read that there were bed bugs here, then checked the bed bug registry and did not see any reports filed, I checked in and inspected the mattress, headboard and picture frames, did not see any evidence of bed bugs. My sister joined me there and we spent 2 nights. On the second morning, my sister got up and pointed at a little bug and said what is that. I pulled back the sheets, there were 2 more...DO NOT STAY HERE. We spent the next several hours, bagging up our things, going to the pharmacy to buy bed bug spray and researching what to do...We wound up buying new outfits and either washing for throwing out everything we had with us.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Newark hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Brantling Ski Area. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was clean and smelled OK. Not a lot of traffic noise, yet found some garbage under the bed. Not a big deal, and would most likely return for the skiing next year.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Came to NY to visit Family and thought we would give it a try after hearing that it underwent renovations. We were surprised at how much the rooms were, and they were dirty and smelled damp. We had to wait a few minutes to get a room due to the fact that the Lady at the desk was on the phone, and wouldn't acknowledge us. We decided to eat at the Restaraunt, had a rude little waitress and waited 45 minutes for food that was horrible and over priced. We decided later in the evening to get a cocktail at the pub, and I tell you, the Baetender had the mouth of a sailor and was rude, and couldn't even make a drink. My wife and watched as the Bartender served the Waitress we had Alcohol, and we knew she wasn't of age. We asked the Bartender about wines and she pointed to a shelf and walked away. I would not recommend staying here,eating here or even drinking here.The staff is rude and mouthy,and the Hotel is run down and dank

• Stayed December 2011
Schenectady, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My stay turned into a nightmare. I woke up very early feeling itchie and found I wasn't alone in the bed, there were bed bugs!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The staff was friendly however our group reserved 4 rooms and our room had no microwave or fridge and an old tv. The other rooms had flat screen the those amenities. Would have been nice if we all the same room set up since the rate was the same. Pool heat was broke and dining/bar getting remodeled. Overall it was ok but not the best hotel Ive stayed.

• Stayed October 2011
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I am currently paying $117 + tax to stay at this dump. I have stayed at nicer Econo Lodges for half the price. The doors connecting the rooms are so thin I actually heard the person next door unzipping their suitcase. Not a place for light sleepers. Chairs in the rooms are old and stained and the tables are so old and loose that they spin. Don't expect to watch TV if you stay on the second floor. The TV's are so old that half the time it's just snow. I know this because I asked to move my room because I wanted to watch MNF and my second room was only marginally better. In the last 4 hours I've been in 3 rooms and they all need to be renovated badly. The only reason I rated this hotel a 2 instead of a 1 is because of the folks at the front desk. They are excellent. Kind and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!